Institute of Life Sciences Bhubaneswar announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2023, Apply now
Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admission 2023 – Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar invites applications from Indian nationals for PhD Programs at the Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology for the academic year 2023.
Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admission 2023
PhD Programs is offered in the following research areas
- Cancer Biology
- Infectious Disease Biology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Human Genetics
- Last date for receiving applications: 31st December 2022
- Date of display of shortlisted candidates and instructions on the Institute website: 06th January 2023
- Tentative date of interview: 04th week of January 2023
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade point. Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF (Category-I) or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE which provides fellowship for their PhD program. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application.
- Age limit : The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 10th January, 2023. An age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India rules).
- Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in).
- Duly filled-up application form along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and copy of proof of payment should be sent to the “The Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023”.
- Superscribe the envelope with “Application for Ph.D. Program” Applications received after the last date will not be accepted.
- Applicants except SC/ST/ physically handicapped are required to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs. 500/-.
- The bank details : Beneficiary name : Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Account No: 450502010006285, Bank: Union Bank of India, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar; IFSC Code: UBIN0545058
- The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.
- To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to sleeper class will be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
- The final date of interview will be confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates is displayed on the ILS website.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website