Indian Maritime University (IMU) announces Admission to Ph.D., Integrated PhD and M.S. by Research Program for January 2022 Batch
IMU PhD and MS Admission – Indian Maritime University (IMU) invites applications for admissions to Ph.D., Integrated PhD and M.S. by Research Programmes for the academic session commencing in January 2022.
Interested and eligible candidates can check the post below for more details on IMU PhD & MS Admission 2022 and apply for the same through online mode.
- Integrated Ph.D.
- M.S. (By Research)
In the following Schools in Part Time/Full Time mode:
- School of Nautical Studies
- School of Marine Engineering and Technology
- School of Maritime Management
- School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
IMU PhD and MS Admission Dates 2022
- Last date for registration: 17th January 2022
- Hall Ticket download (tentative): 21st January 2022
- Date of Entrance Test (Centre Based): 28th January 2022
- Date of Interview (tentative): 22nd February 2022
- Commencement of Programme (tentative): 01st March 2022
IMU PhD and MS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- The eligibility criteria for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be one among the following :
- Candidates who have passed SSLC (10th or 11th class/grade and PUC or higher secondary (12th grade) before joining undergraduate (UG) programme (3 or more years) and UG before joining PG degree programme, i.e. 10+2+UG Degree (3 or more years) or 11+1+ UG Degree (3 or more years) AND
- The Post Graduate* (P.G) shall be in the respective areas of research in the Schools mentioned in previous slide or a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). For SC/ ST/OBC(NCL)/ PwD candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% (or equivalent CGPA).
- M.S (by Research) or M.Phil degree in the respective areas of research in the Schools mentioned in previous slide or a relevant discipline.
- Mariners with Master or MEO Class I Certificate of Competency or PGDMOM qualification with 2 years of continuous teaching experience at degree level as faculty in IMU/IMU Affiliated Institutes/DG(S)approved institutes, shall be eligible till the Academic Year 2023-24.
For Integrated PhD & MS (By Research)
- Undergraduate (U.G) degree with 10+2+( 3 or 4 ) pattern in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA), except in the case of Mariners for whom a Master or MEO Class I Certificate of Competency would suffice. For SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PwD candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% (or equivalent CGPA).
IMU PhD and MS Admission Application Process 2022
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.imu.edu.in/
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the courses are detailed before filling up the application form available on the official website.
- For all other category : Rs. 1000/-
- For ST/SC : Rs 700/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Online mode
- The Written Test (Stage I) in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) to test a Candidate’s General Mental Ability, knowledge on the Maritime sector, and knowledge on the relevant discipline/area of research in which the Candidate proposes to do the Ph.D/Integrated Ph.D. or M.S (By Research). This shall have 40% weightage. This test will have 120 Questions and the time duration is 2 hours.
- Descriptive writing Test (Stage II) to assess proficiency in technical writing & English will be in the general area in which the Candidate is interested to do research. This shall have 30% weightage. Time duration for this will be 1 hour.
- Personal Interview (Stage III) by the Departmental Committee which will be conducted at IMU headquarters for the qualifying Candidates at a later date shall have 30% weightage.
- To qualify for Stage II, the Candidate should secure a minimum 50% in Stage I. To qualify for Stage III, the Candidate should secure a minimum 50% in Stage II.
- For the convenience of the Candidates, Descriptive Writing Test (Stage II) will be conducted immediately after the Written Test (Stage I) at the same test venue. However the answer scripts of those Candidates who secure 50% or more in Stage I will be evaluated to finalize the list of Candidates eligible for Personal Interview (Stage III).
- Candidates may choose to join the programme in Full time or Part time.
- Written Test* (Stage I) and Descriptive Writing Test* (Stage II) will be conducted in the following IMU Campuses.
- IMU Navi Mumbai Campus
- IMU Chennai Campus
- IMU Kochi Campus
- IMU Kolkata Campus
- IMU Visakhapatnam Campus
For more details and apply please visit the official website