IMU Common Entrance Test for Admission to UG and PG Courses 2022, Apply now
IMU CET 2022 – Indian Maritime University (IMU) invites applications for Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) 2022 for admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma and PhD Programs for the academic year 2022-23
Interested candidates can check the post below for more details on Indian Maritime University Admission 2022 such as the courses offered, eligibility criteria, application process, fee, etc.
IMU CET 2022
Program Offered by IMU
- UG Program – B.Tech (Marine Eng.), B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Eng.), B.Sc (Nautical Science), BBA (Logistics, Retailing & E-Commerce), B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
- PG Program – 2-Year M.Tech. (Marine Eng & Mgt.), M.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Eng), M.Tech (Dredging & Harbour Eng.), MBA (Port & Shipping Mgt.), MBA (International Transportation & Logistics Mgt.), M.Sc (Commercial Shipping & Logistics)
- Diploma Program – 1-Year Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) & 1-Year PGDME – Conducted at Mumbai Port Campus only
- Research Program – PhD and M.S (By Research)
IMU CET 2022 Important Dates
Common Entrance Test – (IMU-CET)
- Date of commencement of Online Registration of application: 29th March 2022
- Last date for Online Registration: 16th May 2022
- Date of Mock Test & Hall Ticket can be downloaded by the candidates: 19th May 2022
- Date of IMU-CET 29th May 2022
- Date for Publication of Results in IMU website 03th June 2022
Counsellig for IMU-Campuses for all Programs (except BBA & Research Programs)
- Opening date for Registration for Online Counselling: 06th June 2022
- Last date for Registration for counselling 10th June 2022
- Publication of First List of Selected Candidates and Opening of Portal for Online Payment of Program Fee for candidates selected in First List: 16th June 2022
- Deadline for Online Payment of Program Fee for candidates selected in First List: 22th June 2022
- Certificate Verification of 1st list: 21th June 2022 to 24th June 2022
- Publication of 2nd List of Portal for Online Payment of Program Fee 2nd List: 30th June 2022
- Certificate Verification of 2nd list: 01th July 2022
- Deadline for Online Payment of Program Fee for candidates selected in Second List 04th July 2022
- Publication of 3rd List of selected Program Fee for candidates selected in 3rd List: 11th July 2022
- Deadline for Online Payment of Program Fee for candidates selected in 3rd List: 15th July 2022
- Certificate Verification of 3rd list 13th July 2022 to 19th July 2022
- Date of Commencement of Programs: 01st August 2022
IMU CET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
For UG & Diploma Program
- Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10 + 2) from any recognized Board.
- Passed 10+2 examination in Science stream (PCM / PCB) with English from CBSE or any other recognized board with minimum 50% aggregate
For PG & PG Diploma Program
- Passed Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with minimum marks from a recognized University
- Passed Bachelor’s degree in Science stream (PCM / PCB) with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized University.
For Research Program
- Passed Postgraduate/ Masters degree in the respective relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent
- Candidates appearing for the final year examination of a degree can also apply.
- For all courses, eligibility criteria check the official Website https://www.imu.edu.in/
IMU CET 2022 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.imu.edu.in/. Candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply on the prescribed form online
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the courses are detailed
- For General/OBC-NCL Candidates – Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST Candidates – Rs.700/ –
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking
- Online Common Entrance Test (CET) for Admissions at IMU, its Affiliated Institutes and Institutes affiliated to any other Universities to all pre-sea courses approved by DG Shipping.
- Candidates seeking admissions to the three DGS approved Marine (B.Tech-Marine Engineering, B.Sc.-Nautical Science & Diploma in Nautical Science) are mandatorily required to appear and qualify in the all-India Online Common Entrance Test called IMU-CET which will be conducted on Sunday, 29th May 2022
- The test will be conducted in two batches in order to maintain social distancing norms
IMU CET 2022 Exam Pattern
CET for – UG (Under-Graduate) Technical Courses
- No. of Questions – 200 multiple choice questions.
- Syllabus – English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (12th Grade / Plus 2 level/Intermediate/Equivalent level)
Note: Candidates desirous of admissions to DNS – February 2023 batch are required to take this CET (August CET 2022) compulsorily since there will not be any separate CET for February 2023 batch.
CET for – MBA Program
- No. of Questions – 120 multiple choice questions.
- Syllabus – Quantitative ability, Data-interpretation, Verbal ability and Reasoning
CET for – PG Technical Programs:
- No. of Questions – 120 multiple choice questions
- Syllabus – Logical reasoning, Mathematics and one of Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering/Civil Engineering.
Entrance Exam for Research Programs:
- CET for Research Programs will have 2 parts (Total time duration is 3 hours)
- Part 1: Multiple Choice Questions – 120 (Time duration is 2 hours)
- Syllabus: General Mental Ability, Knowledge of Maritime sector & Knowledge of the School / Area of Research.
- Part 2: Essay Test (Time duration is 1 hour)
- Syllabus: Relevant topic related to the School / Research Area
- Part 2 will start immediately after completion of Part 1.
- IMU reserves the right to change the distribution, types, level of difficulty, etc. of the questions asked from time to time.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website