Relating to the Competitive Tests
- M.Phil. Subject (Hindi, Sanskrit, Performing Arts, Economics, English, Public Administration, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, History, Mathematics, Commerce, Education, Physical Education, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Bio-Technology, Yoga, Rural Development etc.)
Courses of Study
Master of Laws
One year (two consecutive semester) & a maximum of two years
One academic year spread over two semesters
No. of Seats of LLM
HPU Shimla M.Phil LLM Admission 2020 Important Dates
Last date for submission of online application form
31st August 2020
Dates of Entrance Tests
Will be notified later on due to COVID-19
Eligibility Criteria for HPU Shimla M.Phil LLM Admission 2020
- A candidate seeking admission to the M.Phil course must have at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwD) in the subject concerned at Master’s level.
- Qualifying Marks for Admission to M.Phil.
- It was decided that qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for admission to Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) shall be 50% (at par with Ph.D.). In case of SC/ST candidates, qualifying marks in the Entrance Test shall be 45%.
- A candidate seeking admission to the M.Phil., a course in Biotechnology must have at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST) in M.Sc. Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biochemistry.
- Admission will be open to the Law graduates of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla who have obtained LL.B. (Professional) Degree as well as Law graduates of other Universities in India whose Law Degree is recognized as equivalent to the LL.B. Degree of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla on reciprocal basis.
- Provided he/she has consistent good academic record with first or high second class in LL.B. (Professional) Degree with at least 55% Marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates) or B Plus in the grade system marks or an equivalent degree of a foreign University.
- Note: The consistent good academic record means average of 55% in any two examination prior to LL.B. Degree (i.e. Matric, 10+2 and Graduation) or 50% marks in each of the examinations separately.
HPU Shimla M.Phil LLM Admission 2020 Application Process
- Online Application Forms are available on the website of H.P. University i.e. www.hpuniv.ac.in / www.admissions.hpushimla.in
- Applicant must write his/ her address in Block letters indicating the Pin Code No. while requesting for the Handbook of Information by post.
- Online application form with fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/Antyodaya/IRDP candidates)
- Non-Subsidized seats is Rs.1000/-
The admission to the course will be made as under:
- For a Course under the Faculty of One paper of 100 marks of 2 hours’ duration. The written test Physical / Life Sciences shall be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)in each subject & Education There will be 100 Questions of 1 mark each.
- For courses under Faculties of i) One paper of 75 marks of 1½ hour’s duration Languages:
- Part-I Multiple Choice of one Mark each: 35 Questions & 35 Marks
- Part-II Long Questions: 40 Marks
- The candidates for Interview/Counselling shall be called in a ratio of 1:3. The admission in all the streams shall be made on the basis of merit to be prepared by the concerned Department(s)/Institute(s)
Admission will be made strictly on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Test.
The Entrance Test will consist of one paper of 100 multiple choice questions. The questions will be set from the courses taught in LLB with emphasis on the following areas:
a) Business Law
b) Environmental Law
c) Human Rights Law
c) Criminal Law
d) Constitutional Law
Minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test will be 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates).
Admission to subsidized seats will be made as per the provisions under clause 09 and admission to Non-subsidized seats will be made as per provisions under clause 10 of the Handbook of Information.