Indian Institute of Handloom Technology (IIHT) Salem announces Admission to Diploma in Handloom and Textile Technology Program 2021
IIHT Salem Diploma Admission 2021 – Applications are invited from the candidates belonging to the State of Tamil Nadu for Admission into the First Year of 3 year Diploma Course in Handloom and Textile Technology in Indian Institute of Handloom Technology (IIHT) Salem for the academic year 2021
IIHT Salem Diploma Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for the receipt of the filled in applications Extended till : 23rd August 2021 up to 5.45 p.m.
Eligibility Criteria for IIHT Salem Diploma Admission 2021
- Educational qualifications: To be eligible for admission to the first year of Diploma Course in Handlooms & Textile Technology, the candidate should have passed 10th standard or equivalent examination with English as a subject of study.
- NOTE: CBSE and other boards have introduced the system of grading in 10th Examination. As such candidates must endorse the proof of details of marks from CBSE/Boards with their application form to enable the Selection Committee to prepare a merit list which is prepared on the basis of marks secured in 10th Class examination only. If the mark sheet is not produced, the minimum mark of the grade obtained will only be considered.
- Age limit:The age limit for admission to the first year of Diploma Programme in Handlooms & Textile Technology for all the categories except SC/ST should be between 15-23 years and for SC/ST candidates it should be between 15-25 year as on 01-July 2021.
- The respective State Governments will follow their reservation policies for SC/ST/OBC etc. In addition to above, minimum 20% of the total seats allotted to the states are reserved for candidates belonging to the Weavers Community. Shortfall if any will be met out from the candidates other than weaver’s community
IIHT Salem Diploma Admission 2021 Application Process
- Application form may also be downloaded form the website http://www.iihtsalem.edu.in/
- Application forms can be had from the Office of the Commissioner of Handlooms and Textiles, Kuralagam, II Floor, Chennai 600108 in person on all working days at free of cost or by post by enclosing a self addressed stamped envelope for Rs. 5/- on or before 27.7.2021.
- Requisitions received without a stamped envelope for sending the application by post will not be entertained.
- Each Candidate admitted into the course shall be eligible for stipend of Rs. 1000/- per month for 1st year, Rs. 1100/- per month for in 3rd and 4th Semester (2nd year) and Rs. 1200/- per month for 5th and 6th (3rd year) of which 50% Central share of stipend shall be paid by Indian Institute of Handloom Technology and remaining 50% i.e. Rs. 500/-, Rs. 550/- and Rs. 600/- per month per student shall be sanctioned by the respective state Government which shall be paid to the students as soon as the same is received from the State Government concerned for the duration of the course (tenable for 10 months from 16th July to 15th May)
For the more details and apply visit the official website