Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics announces Admission to Doctor of Philosophy Program 2022, Apply Now
GIPE PhD Admission – Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) Pune announces Entrance Test for Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Economics/ Population Studies/Agricultural Economics/Public Policy for the academic session 2022.
PhD Program Offered
- Agricultural Economics, Applied Econometrics, Applied Macroeconomics, Demography & Gender, Demography & Population Economics, Development Economics, Econometrics, Economic History, Economics of Affirmative Action, Economics of conflict, Economics of microfinance, Employment, Environmental Economics, Finance and Banking, Financial Economics, Gender (sex ratio), Caste and Class, Input-Output Economics, Labor Economics, Law and Economics, Livelihood Activities, Macro Econometric Modeling, Monetary Economics, Poverty and Inequality, Public Economics, Regional Economics, Resource Economics, Social Problems
GIPE PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Submission of application : Monday, December 20, 2021
- List of the eligible candidates to appear for Entrance Examination : Monday, December 27, 2021
- Written Test : Saturday, January 9, 2021
- Result of the Written Test : Saturday, January 22, 2022
GIPE PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Master’s Degree in Economics/Agricultural Economics/Population Studies/Law and Economics/Public Policy/Sociology with at least 55 percent marks ((50 percent for reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ST/OBC/VJNT/DTNT) from a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates should download the application form from www.gipe.ac.in and submit two copies (one original plus one photo copy) of their application form along with bio-data and the list of publications, etc.
- Candidates should submit with their application, self attested copies of Certificates as proof of their educational qualifications and experience, statements of marks and of the S.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of their date of birth. Original certificates should not be submitted along with the application but should be produced at the time of interview.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories should also submit with their application, a self attested copy of the valid caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- The allocation of seats shall be as per Government of Maharashtra guidelines, with 50% of the seats in the open category and the rest in reserved categories. Seats not filled in the reserved categories shall be transferred to the open category.
GIPE PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Eligible candidates desirous of applying for admission to the Phd Programme January 2022 are requested to download the Application form from http://gipe.ac.in/ and submit the same duly filled in, on or before Monday, December 20, 2021
- For Open and OBC candidates : Rs. 3,000/-
- For reserved category candidates i.e. SC, ST, DTNT and VJNT : Rs. 1500/-
- Mode of Payment : Demand Draft
- Entrance Examination: Admissions to the Ph.D. programme shall be granted through an Entrance Examination. The Entrance shall have two components – (1) Written Test and (2) Interview. The Written Test will be held on Sunday, January 9, 2022.
- Exemption from Written Test: Candidates who have obtained (a) M.Phil Degree of a recognised University through regular and not in distance mode, (b) and those who have qualified at the UGC JRF/NET/SET examination shall be exempted from the Written Test and shall qualify for the interview.
- Candidates who pass the Written Test will be called for the Interview.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website