Gitam University Visakhapatnam announces Admission to PhD Program 2022, Apply now
Gitam University PhD Admission – Gitam University invites applications from the eligible candidates for admissions to Full-Time /Part-Time PhD Programs in Engineering, Science, Pharmacy, Law, Management and Humanities and Social Sciences academic year 2022 at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru Campus.
Read on for more details on Gitam University PhD Admission 2022.
Duration of the Program
- Ph.D. (FT) program shall be for a minimum of three years (two years for M.Phil. Degree holders) and a maximum of six years
- Ph.D. (PT) program shall be for a minimum of four years (three years for M.Phil. Degree holders) and a maximum of eight years.
- Part-time candidates are required to work for at least eight weeks (in one or more than one spell) each year including the period of course work in the concerned department
Gitam University PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Last Date of Applications: 15th February 2022
- Login Details for Mock Exam : Will be sent before 23rd February 2022
- Mock Examinations: 24th-27th February 2022
- Login Details for Main Exam : Will be sent before 03rd March 2022
- Interview of the qualified candidates: 18th March – 30th March 2022
- Results of Online Entrance Examinations: 11th March 2022
- Online PhD Entrance Exam: 06th March 2022
- Final Results: 11th April 2022 (tentative)
- Reporting Date: On or before 25th April 2022
Gitam University PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Candidates seeking admission into Ph.D. programme can pursue research under Full-Time / Part-Time, subject to eligibility criteria as stipulated below:
- Education Qualification : The candidates should have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 – point scale or the point scale followed in the concerned institutions. However, a relaxation of 5% marks or an equivalent grade is permitted for SC / ST / OBC (Non-creamy layer) / Differently-abled category candidates.
Service requirements for Part-Time candidates:
- Teachers working in PG Departments of recognized Universities and their affiliated Colleges with a minimum of one year of service
- Teachers working in Degree or Professional colleges affiliated to recognized Universities with at least two years of service.
- Teachers working in recognized Junior Colleges with at least three years of service for admission to M.Phil. and four years of service for admission into Ph.D. programmes.
- Executives / Administrators / Engineers / Scientists with at least three years of service in Govt. / Quasi Govt. / Judiciary / Public sector organizations / Public and Private limited companies and other organizations approved by the Board of Research Studies (BRS).
- Employees not covered in the above clauses with at least four years of service as approved by the Board of Research Studies (BRS).
Gitam University PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Candidates have to submit an online application form at https://researchadmissions.gitam.edu#register-form-link by paying a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees thousand only) through Debit card / Credit card (Master / VISA) / Net Banking / UPI.
- Candidates have to check the eligibility before filling the application.
- Candidates have to upload copies of the following certificates along with the online application Date of Birth (SSC / Matriculation or equivalent certificate).
- Graduate, Postgraduate / M.Phil. Marks statements, Degree, or Provisional certificate as applicable.
- NET / ICMR / GATE / GPAT / SLET etc. valid scores, if applicable.
- Service certificate and “No objection” certificate from the present employer (for part-time candidates only).
- The University will not take any responsibility for the non-receipt of applications.
- Admission shall be based on the marks secured in the Online Entrance Test and Interview, subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and the rules of reservation.
Details of the Entrance Test
- The syllabus for the entrance test can be downloaded from https://www.gitam.edu/research-programs/
- The syllabus coverage will be 50% on Research Methodology and 50% on the specific subject.
- The duration of the test is two hours and consists of objective-type questions.
- The maximum marks for the online test is 140 (70 for Research Methodology and 70 for the specific subject), and an interview will be conducted for 60 marks. The candidates who secure 50% marks in the online test are only eligible for attending the interview. However, a relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/ OBC (Non-creamy layer) /Differently-abled category.
- The merit position of the candidates for admission to M.Phil. /Ph.D. will be based on total marks obtained in online test and interview.
- Admission is based on merit and seat availability. Merely meeting the requirements may not ensure admission. The University does not discriminate based on gender, race, religion, disability, or nationality
- Candidates are suggested to follow the GITAM website for any updates.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website