CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology Kolkata announces Admission to PhD Program for August 2021 Session & January 2022 Session
CSIR-IICB PhD Admission 2021 – CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology Kolkata invites applications for admission to Ph.D Programmes under Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) for the academic session commencing in August 2021 & January 2022
CSIR-IICB PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
For August Session 2021
- Last date to submit online application – 31st May 2021
For January Session 2022
- Last date to submit online application – 31st August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for CSIR-IICB PhD Admission 2021
For PhD in Chemical Sciences /Biological Sciences
- A Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences /Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/Microbiology/Environmental Sciences/Equivalent Life Sciences AND having a valid national level fellowship (JRF/ SRF of various funding agencies, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DBT, DST etc.) or any other equivalent fellowship like INSPIRE, RGNF etc.
For PhD in Engineering
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology following a four-year engineering/technology or 4/5 year science degree; or an integrated minimum-5-year M Tech degree; or equivalent. And
At least one of the following :
- Awarded a national-level fellowship (such as NET JRF) tenable at CSIR institutes
- Meeting all the conditions required for eligibility for the CSIR-SRF
- Meeting all the conditions for award of the INSPIRE fellowship (typically awarded to students ranked first in the University)
- Meeting all the conditions stipulated by AcSIR for Project Assistants to register for a PhD
- Meeting all the conditions stipulated by AcSIR for industry-sponsored students
- CSIR Employees (Group III and Group IV) with above qualifications are also eligible to apply for admission to PhD in
- Science/Engineering, with a condition that they should have at least six years left for superannuation.
For Sponsored Candidates:
- Ph.D. (Science):- Personnel from Industry/ other outside organizations holding Master’s Degree in Physical/Biological/Chemical and Related Sciences.
- Ph.D. (Engineering):- Personnel from Industry/ other outside organizations holding Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in related discipline.
CSIR-IICB PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online from 15th March 2021 to 31st May 2021 at the website http://acsir.res.in.
- For more details about the application and admission procedure and to know more about AcSIR, candidates are requested to visit the website http://acsir.res.in.
For Admission Process, you need to follow two phases:
- Sign-Up phase:- In the Sign-Up phase, once you successfully Sign-Up on AcSIR Online Admission Portal, you will be receiving an auto email on your email-id with login credentials and link to be re-directed for further complete admission form fill-up process.
- Online Application Form Phase :- On completion of AcSIR Online Application form, AcSIR Application Number (AAN) will be generated e.g. AcSIR12345. This AAN shall be used in future correspondence between applicant and AcSIR.
- All applications will be screened by a committee. Candidates short-listed after the screening, will be informed to appear for an interview/aptitude test at CSIR-CLRI.
- The date of aptitude test/interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates and will also be posted on the institute’s website.
- Those appearing for the interview will not be paid any TA/DA. The decision of the committee with regard to the selection of candidates shall remain final.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website