University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata announces admission to PhD Program in Economics 2023 through Entrance Exam (RET), Apply now
Calcutta University PhD in Economics Admission 2023 – University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme in Economics for the academic session 2023 through Entrance Exam (RET).
Calcutta University PhD in Economics Admission 2023
- Notification for admission : 04th November 2022
- Last date of submission of application : 02nd December 2022
- RET Examination : 05th December 2022
- Publication of result of RET : 08th December 2022
- Submission of Statement of Purpose (SOP) : 09th December 2022
- Interview : 13th and 14th December 2022
- Publication of list of selected candidates : TBA
- Candidates having Master’s degree in Economics or equivalent with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale are eligible for apply for
- admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, may be applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled and other reserved categories as per the UGC norm.
- Application Forms can be downloaded from 17-10-2022 using the following link: https://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/CU_RET_Form.pdf
- Candidates with NET/SET/M.Phil (from any recognized university with 2-semester/ 1-year course work) or qualifying the research entrance test (RET) conducted by the Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
- Candidates with NET/SET/M.Phil and final year M.Phil candidates in Economics (or related discipline like Development Studies, Foreign Policy Management, etc. with Masters degree in Economics) completing pre-submission seminar and viva-voce process by December 31, 2022 from any UGC recognized university and awaiting for final results are exempted from RET. They are eligible to appear directly in the interview.
- Candidates with NET/ SET/ M.Phil or any other equivalent examination recognized by UGC, or getting at least 50 % marks in RET are eligible for appearing viva for final selection.
RET Exam Pattern
- The RET is a written examination of two hours duration.
- The test contains35 multiple choice questions (MCQ) for 70 marks and one essay type question for 30 marks.
- Syllabus of the test covers Economic Theory (40 marks), Mathematical Economics and Econometrics (30 marks), Development Economics and Indian Economics (30 marks).
- Questions from Economic Theory, Mathematical Economics and Econometrics are MCQ, questions from Development Economics and Indian Economics are research based essay types.
For more details and apply please visit the official website