Banaras Hindu University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023 for January Session
BHU Varanasi PhD Admission 2023 – Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi invites applications for admission in PhD Programs through Direct Admission (RET-Exempted) Jan 2023 semester for academic session 2022-23 in the various faculties.
BHU Varanasi PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- Faculties of Science
- Faculties of Arts
- Faculties of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Performing Arts
- Sanskrit Vidya Dharm Vigyan Sankay
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dental Sciences
- Faculty of Visual Arts
- Faculty of Environment & Sustainable Development
- Availability of ONLINE Form (RET exempted) : 20th November 2022
- Last date for online submission of application forms : 05th December 2022
- Date of Test B/Counselling/ Admissions : 19th December 2022
- Last Date of deposition of fees for admission : 28th December 2022
- Master’s degree in the concerned subject OR in any one of the allied subjects with at least 55% or equivalent grade in the aggregate (60% for Management Studies) and minimum of 50 marks in Academic Record (calculation method given in prospectus).
- There shall be a relaxation for SC/ST and PwD candidates in the minimum marks required in the qualifying examination as per rules..
- Only those candidates shall be eligible to apply in this application process who have obtained their qualifying degree of the Academic session 2022-23 or before and who is a recipient of National Doctoral Fellowship or other fellowships from government/semi-government organizations (through All-India selection procedure conducted by the agency/ organization for award of research fellowships) such as Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Ayurveda Yoga Unani Siddha Homeopathy (AYUSH) and similar National Level Organizations prior to 1st January 2023.
- More eligibility details please check on official website http://bhuonline.in/
- Those RET Exempted category candidates who had applied under RET 2022 (July 2022 term) notification need not apply again.
- The Application Form for RET (Exempted)- January 2023 term is available on the University’s Entrance Test Portal (www.bhuonline.in). The online application making process will have following six stages:
- Step 1: Registration on the Portal [www.bhuonline.in]
- Step 2: Filling up Identification details
- Step 3: Filling of Online Application Form and Course Selection
- Step 4: Uploading of photographs and signature
- Step 5: Payment of Application Fee
- Step 6: Printout of Application Form for the record
- SC/ST/PwD : Rs. 400/-
- Others : Rs. 800/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking.
- All such applicants who have successfully submitted their application form are required to report for Test B Counselling at 10.00 a.m. on 19th December 2022 in the Office of the concerned HoD/Coordinator of the Centre. No separate call letter shall be issued for this purpose.
- The admission of a candidate in a research discipline will be done only when he/she satisfies all the eligibility requirements and completes all formalities required for admission in the discipline. The admissions shall be made strictly on the basis of merit index in the RET Exempted category subject to availability of seats in the course, as per rules given in this Information Bulletin and rules framed by the University from time to time.
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023