Assam University Silchar announces Admission to PhD Program 2021, Apply now
Assam University PhD Admission – Online applications in prescribed form are invited for admission to the Ph. D. program in Assam University, Silchar H. Q.and Diphu Campus for the academic session 2021-22.
PhD Course Offered
Departments offering PhD Courses (Silchar Campus)
- 1. Linguistics, 2. Bengali, 3. Manipuri, 4. Sanskrit, 5. English, 6. Arabic, 7. Economics, 8. Commerce, 9. Political Science, 10. History, 11. Sociology, 12. Mass Communication, 13. Education, 14. Physics, 15. Mathematics, 16. Computer Science, 17. Life Science & Bio-informatics, 18. Microbiology, 19. Biotechnology, 20. Ecology and Environmental Science, 21. Indian Comparative Literature, 22. Earth Science, 23. French, 24. Social Work, 25. Visual Arts, 26. Chemistry, 27. Statistics, 28. Business Administration, 29. Law, 30. Agricultural Engineering, 31. Electronics and Communication Engineering, 32. Computer Science and Engineering, 33. Library & Information Science., 34. Hospitality and Tourism Management, 35. Urdu
Departments offering PhD Courses (Diphu Campus)
- 1. Hindi, 2. Commerce, 3. Physics, 4. Life Science & Bio-informatics, 5. Anthropology, 6. Political Science, 7. English, 8. Assamese, 9. Geography, 10. History and Centre for Tribal Studies.
Assam University PhD Admission Dates 2021
- Last date of submission of online application: 05th December, 2021
- Publishing list of eligible candidates for RET (Research Entrance Test): 09th December, 2021
- *Offline Research Entrance Test (RET) & PI: 13th to 16th December, 2021
- Publication of the 1st list of selected candidates: 20nd December, 2021
- Dates for Admission of the selected candidate from the 1st list.: 20th to 22nd December, 2021
- Publication of 2nd list if any and admission: 24th to 27th December, 2021
- Commencement of Classes for Course Work: 22nd December, 2021
Assam University PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
- The following shall be the eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D. program under Assam University:
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized, by an authority established, recognised or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country empowered for assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) / differently able and other categories of candidates as per decision of the Government
- of India (GOI) from time to time or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility of marks of 55% (or equivalent grade in a point scale) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above
- are permissible based on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks.
- Candidates shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to Ph.D. degree in an integrated programme in the University, if
- the candidate has cleared an M.Phil. Course work in the same subject with at least 55 % marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ from the University as per AUS Ordinance on M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees in force. OR
- the candidate has already completed the course work in M.Phil. in the same subject as per the AUS Ordinance on M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees in force with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the AUS grading scale and successfully completed M.Phil. degree in the same subject.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the GOI from time to time.
Assam University PhD Admission Application Process 2021
- Candidates may apply online on payment of through e-challan/online as application fee.
- The web link for the purpose is https://www.ausexamination.ac.in/admission and shall remain active on the University Admission portal till 05.12.2021.
- Interested candidates may apply up to a maximum of two courses only for Ph. D. Programme offered by the Departments.
- For the purpose, separate applications should be submitted for each course with requisite application fees.
- For details candidates may visit university website www.aus.ac.in.
- For General and OBC students : Rs. 700/-
- For OBC (NCL)/ EWS : Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST/PWD students : Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment : E-challan/online
- Selection will be based on Entrance Test and Personal Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website