Aligarh Muslim University announces Admission to PhD Programs 2023-24, Apply now
AMU PhD Admission 2023 – Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) invites applications for PhD admission offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023-24
Check full details on AMU PhD Admission 2023 below here.
AMU PhD Admission Dates 2023
- Start of Application Process: 22 July 2023
- Last Dates for submission of Application form: 19 August 2023
- Last Dates for submission of Application form With Late Fee of Rs.300/-: 26 August 2023
- Online Correction in Application Form: 28-31 August 2023
- AMU PhD Entrance Dates 2023: To be Notified
AMU PhD Programs Offered
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Microbiology; Home Science; Agri. Economics & Buss. Mgmt.; Plant Protection (Plant Pathology); Post-Harvest Engineering & Technology
Faculty of Arts
- Arabic; Hindi; Hindi (Hindi Translation); Persian; Sanskrit; Urdu; English; English language Teaching; Linguistics; Malayalam; Bengali; Punjabi; Tamil; Telugu; Marathi; Fine Arts; Philosophy
Faculty of Commerce
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Electrical Engg.; Applied Chemistry; Applied Physics; Computer Engg.; Chemical Engg.; Applied Mathematics; Civil Engg.; Electronics Engg.; Mechanical Engg.; Petroleum Processing & Petrochemical Engineering; Nanotechnology; Biomedical & Human Factor Engg.; Architecture
Faculty of International Studies
- West Asian Studies and North African Studies; Strategic and Security Studies
Faculty of Management Studies & Research
- Business Administration
Faculty of Medicine
- Biochemistry; Psychiatry; Physiology; Tuberculosis; Plastic Surgery; Forensic Medicine & Toxicology; Clinical Psychology; Pediatrics; Endocrinology; Microbiology; Neurosciences; Pharmacology
Faculty of Law
- Law; Botany; Biochemistry; Zoology; Wild Life Sciences; Museology; Biotechnology; Faculty of Science; Subject/Specialization; Physics; Mathematics; Statistics; Operations Research; Geology; Chemistry; Geography; Computer Science; Remote Sensing & GIS Applications
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Mass Communication; Economics; Education; Women’s Studies; Physical Education; Sociology; Social Work; History; Islamic Studies; Library & Information Sc.; Psychology; Political Science; Human Rights; Public Administration; Faculty of Theology; Subject/Specialization; Sunni Theology; Shia Theology;
AMU PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2023
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree Programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree Programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree Programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree Programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed. OR
- M.Phil. Programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed. OR
AMU PhD Admission Application Process 2023
- Candidates can apply online only through the official website https://www.amucontrollerexams.com/
- All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline.
- Before filling the Application form you must have the following ready.
- Scanned copy of colored Photo with white background, Signature, and Thumb Impression (Left Hand Thumb Impression for every candidate) of the Candidate in JPG format ONLY. The file size of each should be between 20KB to 100KB
- Email address & Mobile number.
- Online Banking details/Debit Card/Credit Card.
- Details of the qualifying examination
- Application Fee (Indian National) – Rs. 750/-
- Application Fee (Foreign National) – Rs. 8200/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking
- Selection of candidates in Ph.D. programme will be made through an admission test comprising (a) a written test and (b) a presentation-cum-interview (for those who qualify the written test and are short-listed for presentation-cum-interview); subject to exemptions.
- Candidates who qualify for fellowship/ scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET / GATE / CEED and similar National level tests with a score more than or equal to the qualifying marks of General Category, valid at the time of admission, are exempted from appearing in the written test. However, they must appear in the presentation-cum- interview in person to become eligible for selection.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website