Anna University Distance Education MBA MCA MSc Admission 2019 - DEET
Anna University DEET 2019 - Distance Education Entrance Test
Anna University Distance Education 2019 - Anna University, Chennai has released notification for admission to the MBA, MCA, M.Sc. (Computer Science) Degree Programmes through Distance Mode. Anna University Conducts Distance Education Test (DEET) for admission to MBA, MCA Courses for the Calendar year 2019 Batch
Anna University Distance Education DEET - Separate Entrance Tests will be conducted for admission to MBA and MCA Degree Programs. There is no Entrance Tests for admission to M.Sc. Degree Program.
Anna University Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET-2019) is conducted twice in a year, i.e. Academic Year (AY) Batch and Calendar Year (CY) Batch. The Complete detail of Anna University DEET 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc can be seen on this page
Also See : Masters in Hospitality Management
Anna University Distance Education - Courses Offered and Eligibility
- The Course is offered at Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nagercoil, Trichy, Villupuram with the following specializations, subject to admission of sufficient number of candidates in each programme/specialization in the study centre concerned.
- MBA (General Management)
- MBA (Technology Management)
- MBA (Marketing Management)
- MBA (Human Resource Management)
- MBA (Financial Service Management)
- MBA (Health Service Management)
- MBA (Hospitality and Tourism Management)
- MBA (Operations Management)
- The Course is offered at Chennai only.
c) Master of Science (M.Sc.) â€“ Computer Science
- The Course is offered at Chennai only (No Entrance Test)
Also See: TANCET Notification and Dates
Anna University Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- A pass in any Bachelor Degree*
- Clearance of Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) conducted by the CDE, Anna University, Chennai / TANCET 2018 for MBA Programme.
MCA (6 Semesters) - Master of Computer Application
MCA Program Is offered at the Centre for Distance Education (CDE), Anna University, Chennai and Madras Institute of Technology (MIT), Chennai only
- A pass in any Bachelor Degree.
- The candidate should have studied Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects at the degree level or Mathematics at HSC level and;
- Clearance of Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) conducted by the CDE, Anna University, Chennai/TANCET 2018 for MCA Programme.
M.Sc. (Computer Science) (4 Semesters)
M.Sc. (CS) Program Is offered at the Centre for Distance Education (CDE), Anna University, Chennai (No Entrance Test). Eligible candidates will be called for admission in the month of September
- Any Degree* with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects at the degree level or Any Degree* with Mathematics as one of the subjects at plus two level.
M.Sc. (CS - FOSS) (4 Semesters)
Any degree with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects at the Degree level (or); Any Degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects at Plus Two Level
The bachelor degree must have been obtained after+2 or equivalent
Eligibility of AMIE Candidates:
- Applicants with AMIE or similar qualification awarded by Professional Institutes approved by MHRD are also eligible for admission to MBA/MCA Degree Program, if they have two years of experience after obtaining AMIE or similar Degree.
- Clearance of Entrance Test (DEET) conducted by the CDE, Anna University, Chennai / TANCET 2018 is mandatory.
Eligibility of TANCET Candidates:
- Candidates who have written the TANCET is also eligible for admission to distance mode. TANCET score is valid for one year from the date of Examination otherwise candidate have to appear for DEET for admission. Admission will be based on the merit order among the TANCET candidates.
Entrance Test & Evaluation Scheme
- The question paper will contain 100 objectives type questions to be answered in 2 hours. Each question will have four alternative answers. Candidate has to choose the most appropriate answer and has to shade the choice of the answer in the box against each question.
- While evaluating the answers, one mark is awarded for each correct answer. Wrong answers will be considered to break the tie.
Also See : Anna University MBA Syllabus
Anna University Distance Education Syllabi for Entrance Test
- The question paper will be designed to test the capability of the candidates in the following areas:
- 1. Data Analysis
- 2. Comprehension Skill
- 3. Basic Quantitative Ability
- 4. Written English
The question paper will be designed to test the capability of the candidates in the following areas.
- 1. Quantitative Ability
- 2. Analytical Reasoning
- 3. Logical Reasoning
- 4. Computer Awareness
- 5. Verbal Activity, Basic Science, etc.
Entrance Test Centre
- As far as possible the option of candidates for the Test Centre will be considered. However, the authority for the allotment of Centre for the Test is vested with the CDE, Anna University and it is final.
Study Centres for MBA Program
Study Centres for MCA Program
- Chennai only
Anna University Distance Education Selection and Admission Procedure
- Candidates who are provisionally eligible for admission will be informed through counseling call letter based on their rank obtained in the DEET/TANCET. Candidates or their authorized representative should attend the counseling with all original certificates with Demand Draft towards 1st semester fee.
- Selection is based on the marks in the Entrance Test (DEET Rank) / TANCET 2018.
- Based on the rank Study Centre/Specialization will be provisionally allotted through counseling as per the choice of the candidatesâ€™ subject to availability of seats.
- UG Degree from Universities in Tamil Nadu - Rs.18650/-
- UG Degree from Universities Outside Tamil Nadu - Rs.19,050/-
- From 2nd Semester to Final Semester - Rs.12,500/- (Per Semester)
- Inclusive of refundable Caution Deposit of Rs.5,000/-
Application Procedure for Anna University Distance Education
- The application form and prospectus can be downloaded from the official website of CDE www.annauniv.edu/cde
- For MBA, MCA and M.Sc. Computer Science Applicants:
- Printed Application Form can be obtained in person from the Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai-600025. The cost of application form is Rs.650/- payable in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of the "The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai-600025" payable at Chennai
- Application Form can also be obtained in person from the following Study Centres located outside Chennai on payment of Rs.650/- in cash
- Applications form can also be downloaded from the website of the Centre. In such cases the candidates should enclose a Demand Draft for Rs.650/- along with the completed application
- Candidates are advised to check our website frequently (https://cde.annauniv.edu/) for updated information
Important Dates for Anna University Distance Education
For MBA/ MCA Programs
- Last date for Registration through online: 17th February 2019
- Last date for Receipt of filled application: 19th February 2019
- Entrance Test (DEET) MBA / MCA: 24th February 2019 [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon]
For M.Sc. (CS) Program
- Last date for Registration through online: 13th March 2019
- Last date for Receipt of filled application: 13th March 2019
- No Entrance Test
Anna University, Chennai
(Directorate of online and Distance Education), Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai-600025, Phone No.: 044-2235-7216/17, Website www.annauniv.edu/cde