VIGNAN University PhD Program Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Vignan Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (VFSTRU) Notification for PhD (Full Time/Part Time) Admission 2019
VIGNAN University PhD Admission 2019 - Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University) invites application for admission to Full Time & Part Time PhD Programs in Engineering, Science, Management & English Streams for the academic session 2019-20.
PhD Programs (Full Time/Part Time)
- The PhD Program is aimed at giving a broad based training in the concerned field in addition to specialization in a particular area.
- The institution offers PhD Programs in Engineering, Science, Management and English Streams.
Also See : Phd Admissions
VIGNAN University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of PhD Applications: 07th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for VIGNAN University PhD Admission 2019
- For engineering disciplines, candidates must have obtained PG degree or equivalent in any one of the relevant engineering specializations as recommended by the respective departments.
- For management studies, candidates must have a Masters Degree in Business Management or any Masters degree with relevant experience. For Biotechnology, Sciences and Humanities, candidates must have a relevant PG degree or equivalent degree as recommended by the respective departments.
- However, a candidate with an interdisciplinary requisite qualification may be considered for admission with the approval of the concerned department and RMC.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree; however, deserving / exceptional cases may be referred to RMC.
- Selection into Ph.D programme is evaluated on the basis of the academic performance (% Marks in B.Tech / UG & M.Tech / PG) and the institution last attended for Bachelors' and Masters' degree (Maximum 20% and 30% marks respectively), previous experience (each year 1 mark up to max. 5% marks), publications (2marks/Journal paper & 1 marks for conference paper up to maximum 5 % marks), written test (15% marks) and interview (25%marks).
- Eligible candidates have to appear for a written test and interview.
- All the candidates are required to qualify in a written test conducted by Vignan's Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University). Candidates, who have qualified in the GATE/CSIR/NET/CAT examination, are exempted from written test for Ph.D admission. However, they should appear for the interview.
- Candidates who are recommended for selection by the concerned department are to be approved by the Dean (R&D) and Chairman, URB respectively. The same approved selection list shall be sent to Dean (Admission) for further action.
- Candidates will be admitted in to the Ph.D program after payment of prescribed fees and completion of all the admission procedures.
- Admitted candidates will report to the concerned department; a committee appointed by HoD will allot Research Supervisor for each candidate on mutual consent.
Fellowship (HTRA) for PhD
- For Selected full time Ph.D Scholars, a uniform Half Time Research Assistantships (HTRA) / stipend of Rs.25,000/- per month for Engineering and Rs.18,000/- for Science, Management & Humanities Streams will be provided from the date of Admission for a Duration of four years or till the date of submission of thesis, whichever is earlier.
VIGNAN University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates may apply online through website www.vignan.ac.in
- Vignan's Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University) receives Ph.D applications throughout the year. But admission test will be conducted twice every year December / January and July / August.
- Attach a DD of Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of VFSTR Application Account payable at Guntur, to the filled in application form and send it to the Dean - Admissions, Vignan's Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University), Vadlamudi-522 213, Guntur (dist.), A.P.
- Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University), Vadlamudi, Guntur-522213, Andhra Pradesh, Phone No. +91-8632344777, 1800-425-2529, Website www.vignan.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India