Shiv Nadar University announces Admission to PhD Program 2021 (Monsoon Semester)
Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2021 – School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University invites applications for full-time/part-time admission to its Doctor of Philosophy (PhD Program) for the year 2021 (Monsoon Semester).
Interested candidates can check details on Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2021 from the page below and apply for the same on or before June 14, 2021
PhD Program Offered
- The PhD program of SME aims at training and developing candidates for a career in research in management theory and practice who would be at the forefront of creating and disseminating knowledge
a) Chemical Engineering
b) Civil Engineering
c) Computer Science & Engineering
d) Computer Science and Engineering-Part Time
e) Electrical Engineering
f) Electronics & Communication Engineering
g) Mechanical Engineering
Areas of Specializations
- PhD in Electrical Eng. & ECE – Process Eng & Intensification, Water Pollution, Multiphase Flows, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Modelling and Simulation, Microfluidics and Microreactors, Film Formation in Water Based Dispersions; Applications of Ionic Liquids in Chemical Industry, Reactive Separations, Process Control, etc
- PhD in Chemical Eng – Process Engineering and Intensification, Water Pollution, Multiphase Flows, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Modelling and Simulation, Microfluidics and Microreactors, Film Formation in Water Based Dispersions; Applications of Ionic Liquids in Chemical Industry, Reactive Separations, Process Control, Hydrodynamic stability of complex flows, supercritical fluid extraction etc.
- Computer Science & Eng. – Wireless, Mobile Computing and Networking: Internet of Things, Mobile Sensing, Cyber Physical Systems, Wireless Sensor Networks, Wireless Networks; Data Science and Engineering: Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Social Network Analysis, Natural Language Processing, Mobile Data Mgt., Data Analytics, Big Data; Security and Privacy: Network Security, Information Security, Cyber Security, Cryptography
Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for the receipt of completed application form & application fee June 14, 2021
- Issue of Call letter (through email) to the shortlisted candidates By June 23, 2021
- Written Tests and/or Interview June 26–30, 2021
- Declaration of Results by July 11, 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2021
Ph.D. in Chemical Eng
- First Division in M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent master’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- A good score in GATE or CSIR-UGC NET-JRF is desirable though not mandatory. Applicants waiting for their qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply. Their final selection will be subject to their qualifying exam result at the time of admission.
Electrical Engineering & ECE
- First Division in M.E. / M. Tech. or equivalent in a relevant discipline from a recognized Technical Institute or University OR
- M.S./M.Sc. students are also eligible under special circumstances. They must have exceptionally good academic credentials, preferably with a good valid GATE/CSIR/UGC-NET score, and strong aptitude for research.
Computer Science and Engineering
- ME / M.Tech in CSE/IT/ECE or equivalent in a relevant discipline from a recognized Technical Institute or University with 60% required GPA. OR
- M.Sc. in relevant branches with exceptionally good academic credentials. Applicants waiting for the qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply.
- Aerospace / Automobile /Industrial Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering/Material Science and Engineering/Nano Science and Technology/Chemical Engineering/Structures, with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade point from a recognized technical institute or university. AND
- B. Tech/BE. in Mechanical/Aerospace/ Production and Industrial Engineering/Material Science and Engineering/Nano Science and Technology or relevant Discipline. Candidates who have qualified for GATE are highly preferred. Applicants waiting for the qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply
Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Prospective candidates to the PhD program in management may visit the SNU website and fill the online application forms @ https://applications.snu.edu.in/
- Online App PG/public/application/register/index. Once the process is complete, the PhD office at SME will invite the candidate for an interaction at SNU campus. SNU will not reimburse the travel and accommodation expenses of the candidates for participation in the selection process.
- After online submission, print the completed form and sent by speed post at the address given below. A reference letter in support of your application will also be required.
- Please note that the application is not deemed complete until we receive all the prescribed documents and application fees.
- You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1200 by credit/debit card. Candidate may note that the University reserves the right to accept or reject any application based on its departmental screening criteria; hence not all applications may be shortlisted for written exam
- Therefore, no requests for refund of the application fee shall be entertained whether or not the candidates are called for written exam
- Eligibility criteria mentioned above are the minimum and applications not meeting the same will be summarily rejected
- Short-listed candidates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge through an on-site written test and/or interview
- Selections will be based on past academic performance, written examination and/or interview. Please note that not all candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria may be shortlisted.
- Shortlisting will be done based on application material received (including the academic qualification, statement of purpose and reference letters).
Fees & Financial Assistance
- Detailed information about the fee structure and the nature of assistantships are available on the website. All full time PhD students admitted into the program shall receive a doctoral fellowship consisting of 100% tuition fee waiver and 70% hostel fee waiver
- The student shall also receive a monthly stipend of ₹50,000 for first two years and ₹55,000 for 3rd and 4th year subject to satisfactory performance
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website