Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Application
Shiv Nadar University announce Admission to PhD Program 2020 Spring Semester
Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2020 - School of Engineering at Shiv Nadar University invites applications for full time/part time admission to its Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D. Program) for the year 2020 (Spring semester).
PhD Program Offered
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for the receipt of completed application form & application fee: 30th November 2019
- Written Tests and Interview (Chemical Engineering): 13th December 2019
- Written Tests and/or Interview (Electrical Engineering & ECE): 5th December 2019
- Written Tests and Interview (Computer Science and Engineering): 16th December 2019
- Declaration of Results: 14th December 2019
For PhD in Electrical Engineering & ECE
- Process Engineering and Intensification, Water Pollution, Multiphase Flows, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Modelling and Simulation, Microfluidics and Microreactors, Film Formation in Water Based Dispersions; Applications of Ionic Liquids in Chemical Industry, Reactive Separations, Process Control, etc
For Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- Process Engineering and Intensification, Water Pollution, Multiphase Flows, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Modelling and Simulation, Microfluidics and Microreactors, Film Formation in Water Based Dispersions; Applications of Ionic Liquids in Chemical Industry, Reactive Separations, Process Control, Hydrodynamic stability of complex flows, super critical fluid extraction etc.
Computer Science and Engineering
- Areas of Specializations: Wireless, Mobile Computing and Networking: Internet of Things, Mobile Sensing, Cyber Physical Systems, Wireless Sensor Networks, Wireless Networks; Data Science and Engineering: Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Social Network Analysis, Natural Language Processing, Mobile Data Management, Data Analytics, Big Data; Security and Privacy: Network Security, Information Security, Cyber Security, Cryptography.
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2020
For Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- First Division in M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent master’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- A good score in GATE or CSIR –UGC NET-JRF is desirable though not mandatory. Applicants waiting for their qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply. Their final selection will be subject to their qualifying exam result at the time of admission.
For Electrical Engineering & ECE
- First Division in M.E. / M. Tech. or equivalent in a relevant discipline from a recognized Technical Institute or University. OR
- M.S./M.Sc. students are also eligible under special circumstances. They must have exceptionally good academic credentials, preferably with a good valid GATE/CSIR/UGC-NET score, and strong aptitude for research.
For Computer Science and Engineering
- ME / M.Tech in CSE/IT/ECE or equivalent in a relevant discipline from a recognized Technical Institute or University with 60% required GPA. OR
- M.Sc. in relevant branches with exceptionally good academic credentials. Applicants waiting for the qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply.
- Eligibility criteria mentioned above are the minimum and applications not meeting the same will be summarily rejected. Short-listed candidates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge through an on-site written test and/or interview, to be held in December, 2019.
- Selections will be based on past academic performance, written examination and/or interview. Please note that not all candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria may be shortlisted.
- Shortlisting will be done based on application material received (including the academic qualification, statement of purpose and reference letters).
- The shortlisted candidates will be entitled for reimbursement of 3AC train fare (to and fro) against actual ticket for appearing in the selection process. For outstation candidates, one day accommodation in SNU campus may be arranged at a nominal cost.
Fees and Financial Assistance
- Detailed information about the fee structure and the nature of assistantships are available on the website. All full time PhD students admitted into the program shall receive a doctoral fellowship consisting of 100% tuition fee waiver and 70% hostel fee waiver. The student shall also receive a monthly stipend of ₹50, 000 for first two years and ₹55,000 for 3rd and 4th year subject to satisfactory performance. The assistantship is subject to satisfactory performance in the program evaluated continuously and compliance with all University regulations.
- You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1,200 (One Thousand Two Hundred Only) by credit/debit card. Candidate may note that the University reserves the right to accept or reject any application based on its departmental screening criteria; hence not all applications may be shortlisted for written examination. Therefore, no requests for refund of the application fee shall be entertained whether or not the candidates are called for written examination.
Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application Process for the PhD Program has been started. All interested applicants shall apply online from the link given below or on the website www.snu.edu.in
- All interested applicants should apply online by clicking on “Apply Now” button. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- After online submission, print the completed form and sent by speed post at the address given below. A reference letter in support of your application will also be required.
- Please note that the application is not deemed complete until we receive all the prescribed documents and application fees.
Shiv Nadar University (SNU), Noida
School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University, P.O. SNU, NH-91, Tehsil Dadri, District Gautam Buddha Nagar, UP 201314, Telephone: 0120 266 3801 Ext. 701 Website www.snu.edu.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India