|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
Presidency University Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Presidency University PhD Admission 2023 – Online Applications are invited from UGC or UGC – CSIR NET / NET – LS or DBT-BET (only for Institute of Health Sciences) or ICMR-NET (only for Institute of Health Sciences) qualified candidates for admission to the PhD Program of Presidency University in various departments / school / institute for the session 2022-2023 commencing from February 2023.
Presidency University PhD Admission 2023
- Bengali; Hindi; History; Philosophy; Political Science; Sociology; Chemistry; Economics; Geography; Geology; Life Sciences; Mathematics; Physics; Statistics; Institute of Health Science (Newtown Campus)
- Start date for applying online: 23rd December 2022
- Start date for online payment: 23rd December 2022
- Last date for applying online: 09th January 2023
- Last date for online payment: 09th January 2023
- Last Date for receiving Hard Copy of the application: 16th January 2023
- Interview/test schedule: Will be communicated through email/ notice
Eligibility Criteria for Presidency University PhD Admission 2023
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ Person with Disability (PwD) as per UGC guidelines
- UGC or UGC-CSIR NET/NET-LS qualified. ICMR-NET, DBT-BET qualified candidates are also eligible to apply for Institute of Health Sciences (IHS) only.
- Only online applications will be considered.
- Candidates can apply online at https://www.presiuniv.ac.in
- Print out of the online generated application form along with self-attested photocopies of the essential documents need to be sent by post to the Secretary, Faculty Councils, Presidency University, 86/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073 within the last date for receiving.
- There is no application fee.
- All eligible candidates will have to appear at an interview / test (may be in online mode), conducted by the Departmental Ph.D. Selection Committees of the University. In the interview, the candidates will be expected to discuss their research interests.
- Following the admission procedure, a list of qualified candidates (preferably based on their areas of research interest(s)) will be published and displayed by the University through the official website.
- Candidates selected for the PhD Program will be attached to the respective Department at the time of their provisional admission and will be required to enroll on payment of a non-refundable fee, determined by the University.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website