Presidency University PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Presidency University announces PhD Program Admission for Academic session 2020
Presidency University PhD Admission 2020 - Online Applications are invited from UGC or UGC–CSIR NET/ NET – LS qualified candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program of Presidency University in various departments for the session 2019-2020 commencing from January 2020.
Also See: PhD Admission
- Last date for applying online: 16th October 2019
- Last date for receiving Hard copy of application along with photocopies of documents (self-signed): 18th October 2019
- Publication of interview/test schedule (tentative): 1st November 2019
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ Person with Disability (PwD) as per UGC guidelines.
- UGC or UGC-CSIR NET/NET-LS qualified
Also See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Provisional Seat Matrix:
- Bengali- 5 seat (3 UR, 1 ST, 1 PwD)
- History- 10 seats (5 UR, 3 SC, 1 ST, 1 OBC-B)
- Philosophy- 1 seats (1 UR)
- Sociology- 11 seats (3 UR, 4 SC, 1 ST, 1 OBC-A,1 OBC-B, 1 PwD)
- Hindi-3 seats (1 SC, 1 ST,1 OBC-A)
- Political Science-5 seats (2 UR, 1 SC, 1 OBC-A,1 Pwd)
- Chemistry-26 seats (13 UR, 6 SC, 2 ST, 2 OBC-A, 2 OBC-B, 1 Pwd)
- Geology-54 seats (27 UR, 12 SC, 4 ST, 5 OBC-A, 4 OBC-B, 2 Pwd)
- Physics-21 seats (3 UR, 3 SC,1 ST,1 OBC-A,0 OBC-B,1 Pwd)
- Life Sciences-37 seats (7 UR, 10 SC, 5 ST, 9 OBC-A, 2 OBC-B,3 Pwd)
- Geography-2 seats (1 UR,1 SC)
- Economics-15 seats (6 UR, 5 SC,1 ST, 1 OBC-A, 1 OBC-B,1 Pwd)
- Mathematics-17 seats (8 UR, 5 SC,1 ST, 1 OBC-A, 1 OBC-B,1 Pwd)
- Statistics-8 seats (4 UR, 2 SC,1 ST, 1 OBC-A, 1 OBC-B)
- Biotechnology (Newtown Campus)-6 seats (3 UR, 2 SC, 1 OBC-A)
- All eligible candidates will have to appear at an interview / test, conducted by the Departmental Ph.D. Selection Committee of the University. In interview the candidates will be expected to discuss their research interests.
- Following the admission procedure, a list of qualified candidates (preferably mentioning their areas of research interest(s)) will be published and displayed by the University through the respective faculty offices and official website.
- Candidates selected for the Ph.D. Programme will be attached to the respective Department at the time of their provisional admission and will be required to enroll on payment of a non-refundable fee, determined by the University.
- Only online application will be considered.
- Candidates can apply online at https://www.presiuniv.ac.in
- Print out of the online generated application form along with self-attested photocopies of the essential documents need to be sent by post to the Secretary, Faculty Councils, Presidency University, 86/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073 within the last date for receiving.
- There is no application fee.
Presidency University Kolkata
- Faculty Council (Arts) and Faculty Council (Science), Presidency University, 86/1 College Street, Kolkata-700073, Website www.presiuniv.ac.in