PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Program Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
PGIMER Chandigarh announces Admission to PhD Program 2020 through Entrance Test
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2020 - Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, are invited for Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program of the Institute for academic session January 2020.
The admissions will be made through PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test 2020
Details of PhD Seats in PGI Chandigarh
- Name of the Dept.: Anaesthesia & Intensive Care - 03 Seats, Biochemistry – 04 Seats, Biophysics - 01 Seats, Community Medicine & School of Public Health – 08 Seats, Endocrinology – 03 Seats, Experimental Medicine & Biotechnology – 06 Seats, ENT - 02 Seats, Gastroenterology – 01 Seats, Hematology – 01 Seats, Hepatology - 02 Seats, Histopathology - 03 Seats, Internal Medicine – 03 Seats, Immunopathology – 04 Seats, Medical Microbiology – 10 Seats, Medical Parasitology – 02 Seats, Neurology – 06 Seat, Nuclear Medicine – 02 Seat, Nephrology – 02 Seat, Neurosurgery – 04 Seats, Paediatrics – 10 Seats, Pharmacology – 06 Seats, Psychiatry – 02 Seat, Radiotherapy – 02 Seats, Renal Transplant Surgery - 02 Seats, Translational & Regenerative Medicine - 01 Seat, Urology - 01 Seat, Virology – 01 Seat, OHSC - 01 Seat, Anatomy - 01 Seat, Orthopedics – 02 Seat, Nine - 02 Seat
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Date of Uploading Prospectus and Registration Online
- Application through web portal: 06th November 2019
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application: 24th November 2019
- Date & Time of Online Exam (CBT): 10th December 2019 at 09:00 AM
- Expected Date & Time of Declaration of Result 16th December 2019 at 04:00 PM
- Date & Time of Counseling 23th December 2019 at 03:00 PM
Admission Requirements for the PhD Program
- Medical Qualification: MBBS/MDS/Master of Physio-therapist with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diploma of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt.
- Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS /MDS/Master of Physio-therapist degree from Medical Colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2020
Non Medical/Life Sciences/Social Behavioral Sciences
- The candidates with the following qualifications will be eligible:
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its equivalent/examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by UGC are eligible.
Non Medical/Life Sciences
- A degree of Master of Sciences (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) or M.Sc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics), ME/M.Tech.
Social Behavioral Sciences
- The candidates with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioural Sciences, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development. MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food & Nutrition, Health Economics/Applied Economics/Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH. Post graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification.
For Sponsored Candidates
- Candidate applying for admission as a sponsored/deputed candidate is required to furnish the following Certificates with his/her application from his/her employer for admission to the course.
- That the candidate concerned is an employee of the deputing/sponsoring authority and should have been working for three years.
- That after getting the training at PGI, Chandigarh, and the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/ sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the specialty in which the training is received by the candidate at PGI, Chandigarh.
- That no financial implications in the form of emoluments/ stipend etc. will devolve upon PGI, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her course. Such payment will be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
Duration of the Course
- Minimum period three academic years
- Under the exceptional circumstances and on the recommendations of the Doctoral Committee that the candidates’ work has been completed, the period of registration can be reduced to two years. The maximum period up to which a candidate can submit his/her thesis is five years. Ordinarily extension for the submission of the thesis beyond five years will not be granted unless one year prior to the expiry of the 5 years the Doctoral Committee makes special recommendations for extension giving specific reasons.
- The candidates seeking admission to PhD Program of this Institute will have to appear in the entrance examination consisting of 80 marks as per details given below:
- The 1st part of Method of selection i.e. aptitude test comprises (a) General Science (b) English, (c) Biostatics & Research Methodology consists of 30 marks.
- These marks are not evenly distributed among the three components of the aptitude test. Therefore it is proposed that 10 questions of 1 mark each shall be asked from each of the three components.
- All questions in this part is compulsory with each question carrying one mark.
- Stream Specific (Medical, Non Medical (Life Science and behavioral Sciences), the theory part of the question paper will contain 75 questions and the candidates may attempt any 50 questions.
- There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
- Both Aptitude test and specialty specific theory test will be conducted centrally by PGI Examination Branch.
- The number of specialties in which theory examination is to be held will be same as the specialty departments.
- The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the candidates admitted to the various courses mentioned above:
- Registration fee: Rs. 500/-
- Tuition fee: Rs. 350/- per annum
- Laboratory fee: Rs. 900/ per annum
- Security: Rs. 1000 for recovery of breakage or loss of equipment, balance if any is refundable upon completion of course.
- Amalgamated fund : Rs. 60/- p.m.
- Security for hostel accommodation: Rs. 600 (refundable) to be deposited with Hostel (if allotted) manager.
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Before applying, the candidates are advised to go through the admission notice displayed at the PGI website http://pgimer.edu.in and published in the press carefully. Fill in the application form online in accordance with the instructions.
- The candidate should fill his/her Application Form Online available on the PGI website http://pgimer.edu.in.
- After filling application form the candidate should deposit the application fee through payment gateway facility available at the online portal.
Application Processing & Examination Fees
- General/OBC Category: Rs. 1500/- Plus Transaction charges as applicable.
- SC/ST Category: Rs. 1200/- Plus Transaction charges as applicable.
- Mode of Payment: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Please take printout of the duly filled Online Application Form by logging in with your login id and password. Affix the same passport size photograph (which was uploaded with the online form) on it. It is mandatory for all the PhD applicants to fill and submit the Annexure – 6 (placed below) (recommendations of the concerned faculty member of PGIMER, Chandigarh under whom he/she wants to pursue his/her PhD) along with print out of duly filled online form and required certificates in Room No. 308, 2nd Floor, Training Branch, Kairon Block, PGI, Chandigarh at least 15 days before the date of entrance exam.
PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pin-160012, Phone: 0091-172-2747585, Helpline No - 022-61306243, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.pgimer.edu.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India