NIMS Hyderabad PhD Program Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) Hyderabad announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019 - Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad, invites applications from eligible candidates of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh States for admission to PhD Program offered in various specialties for the session 2019-20.
Also See : Phd Admissions 2019
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Availability of online application on website: 15th July 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: 31st July 2019
- Last date for submission of hard copy of application: 02nd August 2019
- Availability of hall tickets for download: 30ty August 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 04th September 2019
- Display of Provisional results: 06th September 2019
- Date of Interview: will be notified later
- Display of Merit List: will be notified later
- Closure of admission: 30th November 2019
NIMS PhD Specialties
- Applications are invited from eligible candidates of Telangana State for Ph.D. Programme for the year 2019 in the following specialties:
- Emergency Medicine (01 Seat); General Medicine (02 Seats); Medical Genetics (04 Seats); Microbiology (02 Seats); Nephrology (03 Seats); Neurosurgery (04 Seats); Rheumatology (02 Seats); Surgical Gastroenterology (05 Seats); Surgical Oncology (02 Seat); Orthopedics (02 Seats)
Designation / Description of Ph.D. degree award by NIMS
- The Ph.D Degree awarded by the Institute shall be called as Doctor of Philosophy under Faculty of Medical Sciences. The subject speciality, subject and the title of the thesis shall be indicated in the certificate.
Duration of the Ph.D. Program
- The duration of the course will be the time period from the date of registration to submission of the thesis.
- For the submission of thesis, the minimum period is 3 years and maximum period shall not exceed 5 years. However, further extension, for not more than 3 years, may be given upon recommendation by the Doctoral Committee, explaining the need for extension.
Eligibility Criteria for NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme leading to the award of a degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences in Medical Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Genetics, Physiology, Human Anatomy, Biotechnology, Psychology, Nutrition etc. provided that the concerned subject is in relation to the specialties available in NIMS.
- MD-Ayurvedic Medicine (eligible for Ph.D. in Pharmacology only)
- Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)
- Note: All the applicants to Ph.D. Should have 60% aggregate marks in the above subjects. In case a candidate has got above 59.5%, it will be rounded off to 60%.
- Medical Graduates (MBBS) and Post-Graduates in MD/MS/DNB/MD(Ayurvedic) are eligible irrespective of percentage of marks.
Screening Entrance Exam
- The screening entrance examination shall be conducted at the venue, date and time specified by the Institute in Hall Ticket.
- The entrance examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions carrying 50 marks to be answered in 60 minutes duration.
- Syllabus: Basic questions from Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology, Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Physiology, Psychology and Biostatistics
- Marks allotted for Entrance Exam and interview: Entrance examination - 50 marks; Aptitude Interview - 50 marks.
- Selection will be made based on the performance of the candidates at aptitude interview.
- Merit List based on marks obtained in aptitude interview will be displayed on NIMS website.
- Annual Tuition Fee - Rs.10,000/-
- Thesis evaluation fee - Rs.20,000/- (to be paid along with submission of thesis)
- Public Defence and Viva Conduct fee - Rs.30,000/- (to be paid before fixing the viva date.
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can download the application form from NIMS Website www.nims.edu.in
- The Online Application Registration, Notification and instructions to fill the application is available at NIMS website: www.nims.edu.in. from 11.00 AM on 15th July 2019 till 5.00 PM of 31st July 2019 and last date for submission of hard copy of application is 02nd August 2019.
- The candidates are advised to take a print-out of the prospectus/instructions to fill the online application from the NIMS website: www.nims.edu.in before proceeding to fill the online application form.
- A candidate shall apply for Ph.D. Programme in one subject only.
- Incomplete and hand-written application forms are liable to be rejected.
- An amount of Rs.1500/- (Rupees one thousand and five hundred only) towards application fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a credit card or a debit card issued by the banks in India or through Internet banking.
- The hard copy of the online application duly signed shall be submitted to The Associate Dean, Academic-2, 2nd floor, Old OPD Block, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad -500 082 on or before 5.00 PM of 02nd August 2019.
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (A University Established Under the State Act) Punjagutta, Hyderabad-500 082, Telangana State, Phone No. +91-40-23489000, +91-40-23396552, Website www.nims.edu.in