Nirma University PhD Admission 2019 Notification, Dates, Application
Nirma University Ahmedabad announces PhD Admission 2019
Nirma University PhD Admission 2019 - Nirma University invites application for admission to Full time/ Part time PhD Admission 2019 under the Faculty of Technology & Engineering, Pharmacy, science & Law for the academic session 2019
- Nirma University is a statutory University, established under the Act passed by the Gujarat Legislative Assembly in year 2003 and recognized by the University Grant Commission(UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act and accredited with grade ‘A’ by the NAAC.
Nirma University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Process Begins: 21st Feb 2019
- Online Application Process closes: 30th April 2019
PhD Programs Offered
PhD Program (Full-Time)
The University offers PhD Programs (Full-Time) under the Faculty of Technology & Engineering, Pharmacy, science & Law. Among the selected candidates few seats are available in PhD (Full-Time) Program With stipend also
PhD Program PhD (Part-Time)
The University offers PhD Programs (Part-Time) under the Faculty of Technology & Engineering, Pharmacy, Science, Law, Management and Architecture
Eligibility Criteria for Nirma University PhD Admission 2019
For PhD (Full-Time & Part-Time Program)
- Candidates for admission to the programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible.
Selection Process for Nirma University PhD Admission 2019
- The University will decide on an annual basis through Faculty of Doctoral Studies & Research a predetermined and manageable number of Ph.D. scholars to be admitted depending on the number of available Research Supervisors and other academic and physical facilities available, keeping in mind the norms regarding the scholar- teacher ratio.
- The University will notify well in advance in the institutional website and through advertisement in at least two (2) national newspapers, of which at least one (1) shall be in the regional language, the number of seats for admission, subject/discipline-wise distribution of available seats, criteria for admission, procedure for admission and all other relevant information.
- The domain expert will be decided by the Dean concerned. The selection criterions for the admission in PhD Programme are as under.
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The list of candidates clearing the entrance test shall be declared on the notice board/ website of the University.
- An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the University when the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before Department Research Committee specified.
- The candidates who qualify the UGC-NET (Including JRF) UGC-CSIR NET (Including JRF) SLET/ GATE/GPAT with a valid score in terms of cut-off marks and duration, teacher fellowship holder or who have passed M.Phil Program Shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance test and deemed to be qualified for personal interview.
- The interview/viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether - the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research; the research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution; the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- Final merit shall be based on the merit of interview/viva-voce.
Nirma University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application is to be done online from the website www.itnuadmission.com and www.nirmauni.ac.in
- Download the application form from the websitewww.itnuadmission.com
- The Application Form Processing Fee for the Ph.D. Programme is Rs. 1250/- (non-refundable). The application will be considered complete only after payment of the Application Form Processing Fee through online mode.
- The applicant who fulfills the necessary requirements can apply for the Ph.D. admissions in Full-Time, Part-Time, Part-Time (Visvesvaraya Scheme only for Technology & Engineering) or all the categories. Those who are applying for all the three categories will have to pay the processing fee of Rs. 1250/- + Rs.1250/-+1250/- = Total Rs. 3750/-
Nirma University, Ahmedabad
Postgraduate and Research Centre, Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad-382481, Tel: 02717-241911-15,Website www.nirmauni.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India