NSIT PhD Program Admission 2019-20, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Netaji Subhas University of Technology announces Admission to PhD Program 2019-20 (Even Semester)
NSIT PhD Admission 2019-20 - Netaji Subhas University of Technology formerly Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) invites application from interested candidates for admission into PhD programs for the session Even Semester 2019-20.
NSIT PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Online application Start: 23rd October 2019
- Closing of online application: 21st November 2019
- Screening/Submission of NOC of candidates exempted from Written Test: 22nd November 2019
- Issue of admit card: 25th November 2019
- PhD Written test: 01st December 2019
- Call for interview for PhD candidates who cleared written test: 03rd December 2019
- PhD Interview: 04th to 06th December 2019
- Declaration of list of selected candidates: 10th December 2019
- Last Date for fee submission and admission: 24th December 2019
- Last date for joining the Department: 24th December 2019
- Meeting of RAC for selected candidates: 26th to 28th December 2019
- Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for following research Programmes in the disciplines of ECE/ ICE/ EE/ COE/ IT/ ME/ MPAE/ BSE/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths/ English / Humanities and SS and Management studies for the Even Semester of Academic Year 2019-20
No. of Seats
- Maximum Seats with university fellowship (TRF): 41
- Maximum Seats without university fellowship: 73
Eligibility Criteria for NSIT PhD Admission 2019-20
- An applicant possessing a Master Degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences/ Management/Humanities/Social Sciences in the respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% of marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and Bachelor’s Degree with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme of the University.
- However, the candidates applying for Teaching-cum-Research Fellowship (TRF) shall be required to have a Master Degree in the respective discipline with 70% marks or equivalent CGPA and Bachelor’s Degree with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- In case, the equivalence between the percentage of marks and CGPA is not defined by the University from where the candidate has obtained the qualifying degree, then the UGC/AICTE equivalence criteria shall be applicable.
Categories of Admission
- Research scholars with University Teaching-cum-Research Fellowship.
- Research scholars with fellowship from their sponsoring agencies (UGC/DST/CSIR/DBT/ICMR etc.)
- Research Fellow without any fellowship (self-financing mode).
- In all the Ph.D. programmes of the University, reservation of seats with university fellowship for applicants in all the categories including SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled applicants/EWS shall be in accordance with the policies of Govt. of NCT of Delhi/University.
- SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled applicants may be permitted 5% marks relaxation in the eligibility requirement at Master’s level or Bachelor’s level as prescribed in section 3.1.
- Any seat(s) remaining vacant in the above categories, shall be filled by the candidates from unreserved category.
- The Research Scholars shall be admitted in two-stage process through an Entrance Test and an Interview. Only those candidates shall be called for interview who have secured a minimum qualifying mark of 50% in the entrance test. Candidates eligible for interview are required to make a powerpoint presentation of approximately 10 minutes in the area of their research interest. The Interview Committee shall judge the following:
- That the candidate possesses aptitude and competence to carry out the research in the intended area.
- That the proposed research idea can be suitably undertaken in the Department
- That the proposed research may contribute to the creation of new/additional knowledge in the chosen area.
- However, in case of TRF, the committee shall also judge the teaching ability of the candidates in addition to the parameters as prescribed in (a) to (c) above. Candidates eligible for interview in this category are also required to make a powerpoint presentation of approximately 10 minutes on a topic of teaching interest. Interview for Teaching–cum-Research Fellowship and all other candidates shall be organized separately.
- The relative weightage of entrance test and the interview shall be 70% and 30% (including 10% weightage on credentials) respectively. Refer to Appendix II for the syllabus of the written test.
- The syllabus for the entrance test shall consist of 50% questions on Research Aptitude/Methodology which may include quantitative methods/computer applications, experimental techniques etc. and 50% subject specific questions. Refer to Appendix-I for syllabus of test.
- No relaxation w.r.t. eligibility conditions as laid down in the Clause-5.1 will be provided to the candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE or equivalent national level examination/ fellowship (as identified by BRS)/valid GATE score holder. They shall have to appear in both, the entrance test and the interview. However, the candidates with fellowship as identified by BRS shall be given full weightage in credentials.
- Project staff under sponsored projects, sponsored by DST/UGC/any Government agency, Industry or centers established from grant-in-aid from Government or international agencies at Netaji Subhas University of Technology may be given administrative clearance to seek admission subject to recommendations of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said project/center and approval of the respective BRS and Vice-Chancellor, but shall be required to fulfil the eligibility conditions and shall have to appear in the entrance test and interview.
- The Candidates from R&D Organizations/Institutions/PSUs/Industries which have MOU(s) with Netaji Subhas University of Technology may be exempted from the entrance examination and can be called directly for interview as sponsored candidates subject to the fulfilment of the minimum entry qualification for the degree, provided that-
- The applicant is having at least two years’ experience in regular capacity;
- The applicant proves to the satisfaction of the University that his official duties permit him to devote sufficient time to research;
- The applicant can devote sufficient time to pursue research in the concerned Department of the Netaji Subhas University of Technology on a daily basis or sufficient facilities for research are available at the applicant’s place of work in the chosen field of research provided the same is approved by the BRS as his/her second place of work.
- He/she shall be required to reside at the Netaji Subhas University of Technology till the completion of his/her course work. This condition of minimum residence shall be automatically waived off for the candidate working in Delhi NCR.
- The regular faculty members of NSUT/any Institution of Government of NCT of Delhi., who want to get registered for the Ph.D. Programme, may be exempted from the entrance examination and may be called directly for the interview subject to submission of NOC from the competent authority of the respective Institution. These candidates shall be admitted against supernumerary seats.
- The University offers 75 Teaching cum Research Fellowships (TRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs 45000/- for a duration of 3 years.
NSIT PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online at www.nsit.nic.in
- Separate application forms should be filled for Ph.D. programme for each Department.
- Filling of false information will lead to rejection of application/cancellation of admission.
- Application Processing Fee (Non-refundable): Rs.1000/- (Rs. One Thousand)
For more details visit the official website: www.nsit.nic.in
NSUT, New Delhi
Netaji Subhas University of Technology (Formerly Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology), Azad Hind Fauj Marg, Sector-3, Dwarka, New Delhi–110 078, Phone no. 25000268-Ext.-2325, Fax. 25099025, Website: www.nsut.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India