NSIT PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Netaji Subhas University of Technology announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2019
NSIT PhD Admission 2019 - Netaji Subhas University of Technology formerly Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) invites application from interested candidates for admission into PhD for the session 2018-2019.
NSIT PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Publication of advertisement: 08 Feb 2019
- Online application start: 08 Feb 2019
- Closing of online application: 22 Feb 2019
- Issue of admit card: 26 Feb 2019
- Written test: 02nd March 2019
- Result of written test: 05th March 2019
- Interview: 11th to 14th March 2019
- Final result declaration: 19th March 2019
- Date of enrolment: 25th March 2019
Also See: PhD Admission 2019
PhD Areas of Research
Analog Signal Processing, and VLSI
- Modern filter design, Bipolar and CMOS analog integrated circuits, Advanced active network synthesis, Analog signal processing, Current-mode analog circuits, Analog VLSI circuits and systems, Low voltage low power design techniques, Fractional order analog and digital circuits, Low power high performance digital CMOS circuits, CAD for VLSI design, Automated design and optimization of analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits, Integrated circuit design using memristors, Implementation of new techniques like FGMOS, Q-FGMOS etc. to improve performance of analog circuits, Power electronics systems, FPGA controllers.
Wireless and Optical Communications
- Optical communication, Optical networks, Free space optical communication, Diversity techniques, Space-time coding, Cooperative communication and free space optics. Power line communication and molecular communication, Wireless communication, wavelets, Multiple input multiple-output (MIMO) systems, Multi-user based communications, Networking.
Signal and Image Processing
- Digital signal processing, filtering theory, Quantum signal processing, Multimedia security, Image and audio compression. Pattern recognition, Wave digital filters, Soft computing Techniques, FPGA-based Implementation of DSP systems, Optimization, DSP Algorithms and applications, Speech, Image processing and computer vision, Modeling and simulation, Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, Artificial neural networks.
RF and Microwave Engineering
- Antennas, Metamaterial, Antenna arrays, Microwave components, Electromagnetics, Optimization techniques, Antennas & Radio wave propagation, Microwave filter, Antenna designs.
- Routing and Survivability of optical networks
No. of seats:
- Total seats with university fellowship available for all disciplines: 30
- Seats without university fellowship: 60
Eligibility Criteria for NSIT PhD Admission 2019
- An applicant possessing a Master Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Sciences/ Management/Humanities/Social Sciences in the respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% of marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and Bachelor’s Degree with a 60% of marks or equivalent CGPA shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme of the University.
- However, the candidates applying for Teaching-cum-Research Fellowship (TRF) shall be required to have a Master Degree in the respective discipline with 70% marks or equivalent CGPA and Bachelor’s Degree with a 60% of marks or equivalent CGPA.
- In case, the equivalence between the percentage of marks and CGPA is not defined by the University from where the candidate has obtained the qualifying degree, then the UGC/AICTE equivalence criteria shall be applicable.
Categories of Admissions
- Research scholars with University Teaching-cum-Research Fellowship (TRF).
- Research scholars with fellowship from their sponsoring agencies (UGC/DST/CSIR/DBT/ICMR etc.).
- Research Fellow without any fellowship (self-financing mode).
Also See: Career Options in Engineering after 12th
Selection Procedure for NSIT PhD Admission 2019
- The Research Scholars shall be admitted in two-stage process through an Entrance Test and an Interview. Only those candidates shall be called for interview who has secured minimum qualifying mark of 50% in the entrance test. Candidates eligible for interview are required to make a powerpoint presentation of approximately 10 minutes in the area of their research interest. The Interview Committee shall judge the following:
- That the candidate possesses aptitude and competence to carry out the research in the intended area.
- That the proposed research idea can be suitably undertaken in the Department
- That the proposed research may contribute to the creation of new/additional knowledge in the chosen area.
- However, in case of TRF, the committee shall also judge the teaching ability of the candidates in addition to the parameters as prescribed in (i) to (iii) above. Interview for
- Teaching–cum-Research Fellowship and all other candidates shall be organized separately.
- The relative weightage of entrance test and the interview shall be 70% and 30% (including 10% weightage on credentials) respectively. Refer to Appendix II for the syllabus of written test.
- The syllabus for the entrance test shall consist of 50% questions on Research
- Aptitude/Methodology which may include quantitative methods/computer applications, experimental techniques etc. and 50% subject specific questions. Refer to Appendix-I for syllabus of test.
- No relaxation w.r.t. eligibility conditions as laid down in the Clause-5.1 will be provided to the candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE or equivalent national level examination/ fellowship (as identified by BRS)/valid GATE score holder. They shall have to appear in both, the entrance test and the interview. However, the candidates with fellowship as identified by BRS shall be given full weightage in credentials.
- Project staff under sponsored projects, sponsored by DST/UGC/any Government agency, Industry or centers established from grant-in-aid from Government or international agencies at Netaji Subhas University of Technology may be given administrative clearance to seek admission subject to recommendations of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said project/center and approval of the respective BRS and Vice-Chancellor, but shall be required to fulfill the eligibility conditions and shall have to appear in the entrance test and interview.
- The Candidates from R&D Organizations/Institutions/PSUs/Industries which have
- MOU(s) with Netaji Subhas University of Technology may be exempted from the entrance examination and can be called directly for interview as sponsored candidates subject to the fulfillment of the minimum entry qualification for the degree, provided that-
- The applicant is having at least two years’ experience in regular capacity;
- The applicant proves to the satisfaction of the University that his official duties permit him to devote sufficient time to research;
- The applicant can devote sufficient time to pursue research in the concerned Department of the Netaji Subhas University of Technology on daily basis or sufficient facilities for research are available at the applicant’s place of work in the chosen field of research provided the same is approved by the BRS as his/her second place of work.
- (He/she shall be required to reside at the Netaji Subhas University of Technology till the completion of his/her course work. This condition of minimum residence shall be automatically waived off for the candidate working in the Delhi NCR.
- The regular faculty members of NSUT/any Institution of Government of NCT of Delhi., who want to get registered for the Ph.D. Programme, may be exempted from the entrance examination and may be called directly for the interview subject to submission of NOC from the competent authority of the respective Institution. These candidates shall be admitted against supernumerary seats.
- The University offers 30 Teaching cum Research Fellowships (TRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs 36000/- for duration of 3 years.
NSIT PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can Apply online at www.nsit.nic.in
- Application Processing Fee (Non-refundable): Rs.1000/- (Rs. One Thousand)
- The candidates who have already apply online and submitted the fee in April 2018 must apply again, however, no application fee will be charged from such applicants.
For more details visit the official website:www.nsit.nic.in
NSIT New Delhi
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (University of Delhi), (An Autonomous Institute of Govt. of NCT of Delhi), Sector 3, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078, Website www.nsit.nic.in