NIT Raipur PhD Program Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
National Institute of Technology NIT Raipur announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
NIT Raipur PhD Admission 2019 - National Institute of Technology Raipur invites applications from eligible candidates for PhD Admission (full time regular/sponsored/part time categories) for the academic session 2019.
Broad Research Area Offered for PhD Admission 2019
- PhD Admissions in (Full time/Sponsored/Self-Financed/Part time Categories)
- PhD in the Department of Applied Geology, Architecture, BioMedical Engineering, Bio-Technology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Application (MCA), Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Information Technology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Mining Engineering and Physics
See: PHD Admission 2019
No. of Seats Available
- Number of seats available department-wise under Full-Time Fellowship/Scholarship is given in annexure III and Sponsored/Self-Financed/Part time seats are in addition to these depending upon the suitability of the candidate and availability of specialization and Supervisor in the department.
NIT Raipur PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Desirous Candidates should submit the duly filled application form 02nd July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Raipur PhD Admission 2019
- A Master's degree in Engineering/Technology/Science/Management/ Humanities and Social Science, Architecture/ Planning or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the institute.
- Minimum requirement of percentage/CGPA in qualifying degree: Minimum 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA/CPI at Master’s degree is essential for admission in PhD program of the Institute. However, a relaxation of 5% marks from 60% to 55% and from 6.5/10 CPI (CGPA) to 6.0/10 CPI (CGPA) may be allowed for those candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC (Non Creamy Layer), Differently Abled and those who had obtained their master’s degree prior to 19.09.1991. Candidates who are appearing in qualifying examination as stated above are also eligible to apply.
- However, they have to produce a certificate of passing the qualifying exam on the day of the interview.
- The concerned department will judge suitability of the candidate for pursuing PhD in particular discipline based on his/her specialization in Master’s level. Decision of the Institute shall be final in this regard.
- Selection of candidates for Ph.D. program will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the objective type (MCQ based) online examination and their performance in the Interview.
- The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in the interview will be:
- For OC/OBC/EWS, a cut-off mark is set at 50% of the maximum marks scored in the online exam of a department
- For SC/ST/PH, a cut-off mark is set at 45% of the maximum marks scored in the online exam of a department. Candidates who have scored above mentioned minimum marks (or more) shall only be eligible to be called for the interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates (found eligible as per 2.2.21 above) to appear in the interview as per the number of seats available category-wise in each department vis-à-vis performance of the candidate in the online MCQ Exam.
- The eligible candidates, thus found eligible will have to appear in a personal interview in the respective department
- Also, UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/Teacher fellowship holder/ M Phil qualified candidates need not to appear in online MCQ entrance exam.
- The date of written examination and interview is not yet finalized. These dates along with result of scrutiny and selection will be displayed in the Institute website www.nitrr.ac.in and no intimation will be sent to the candidates by post
- The candidates are requested to visit institute website regularly
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/EWS and differently-abled persons will be followed as per GoI norms for Institute scholar with Full-Time Fellowship/Scholarship (as mentioned in Section 1.2, subsection, R.0.1.1)
- The respective candidates are instructed to submit their certificates strictly according to the format provided in Annexure II (d-j) failing which their candidature will not be considered. The OBC (NCL) certificate must have been issued after 01.04.2019.
- Number of seats for Sponsored/Self-Financed/Part time candidates are not fixed. Hence preference will be given to OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates over OC (General) candidates, in the respective category, if all other things remain the same
NIT Raipur PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The relevant information is available on the institute website https://phdadmission.nitrr.ac.in and the candidates are required to fill the online application form and deposit the requisite application fee* online
- The last date of filling the application is 01st July 2019
- Rs. 500/- for OC, OBC and EWS category applicant. For SC/ST/PH candidates, fee will be Rs. 250/- only.
- The schedule of online exam, interview and the results of scrutiny, online exam and selection will be displayed in the Institute website www.nitrr.ac.in and no intimation will be sent to the candidates by post.
- The candidates are requested to visit Institute website regularly
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur
Institute of National Importance, GE Road, Raipur-492010, Chhattisgarh, Tel 0771-4270619, Fax 0771-2254600, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.nitrr.ac.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!