National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Lateral Entry Admission 2019
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) announces Lateral Entry Admission 2019
NIFT Lateral Entry Admission 2019 - National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Lateral Entry admission provides an opportunity of NIFT education to candidates who have completed their Diploma/Degree in relevant/related fields of Fashion Design & Technology for direct admission to the third semester of UG Programs of NIFT at NIFT Campuses.
- NIFT lateral entry admission (NLEA) provides an opportunity to candidates who have completed their Diploma/Degree in relevant / related fields of Design & Technology for direct admission to the third semester of UG programmes of NIFT at NIFT campuses as listed in Annexure III.
- The candidates who have acquired Diploma/Degree will compete at an All India Entrance Exam to get lateral admission in the 3rd semester of UG Programmes of NIFT
- The admission to these candidates will be strictly on merit which will be prepared based on the performance of candidates in written test, studio test/technology aptitude test, and a personal interview
Course Offered by NIFT NLEA 2019
- B.Des (Bachelor of Design)
- B.FTech (Bachelor of Fashion Technology - Apparel Production)
Important Dates for NIFT Lateral Entry Admission 2019
- Online Registration: 29th April 2019
- Last date of online registration: 20th May 2019
- Written Exam & Interview at NIFT Campus and Scrutiny of forms and Verification of Documents/Eligibility: 27th May 2019
- Declaration of result of eligible candidates documents:3rd June 2019
- Interface Counselling for Shortlisted candidates, allotment of Programme and Campus as per Common Merit Rank (CMR): June 2019
- Preparatory Programme for Laterally Admitted Students (LAS): 24th June, 2019 to 19th July, 2019
- Venue - New Delhi Campus
Eligibility Criteria for NIFT Lateral Entry Admission 2019
Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Candidates should have Passed Secondary School Examination/10th
- Candidates should have Passed 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE/AIU/UGC or a State Board of Technical Education in courses related to Fashion / Apparel / Textile and Accessories / Home Science/ Handloom Technology / Products / Visual Communication / Graphic Design / Industrial Design / Interior Design / Multimedia Design / Apparel Technology / Leather/ Fine arts. Or
- Candidates should have Passed Senior Secondary Examination/12th recognized by AIU.
- Students who have completed 2 year regular UG Diploma Programme at NIFT after passing Senior Secondary Examination/ 12th standard.
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.)
- Candidates should have Passed Secondary School Examination/10th
- Candidates should have Passed 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE/AIU/UGC or a State Board of Technical Education in courses related to Fashion / Apparel / Textile/ Home Science/ Handloom Technology; or
- Candidates should have Passed Senior Secondary Examination/12th recognized by AIU with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Students who have completed 02 years UG Diploma Programme at NIFT after passing Senior Secondary Examination/ 12th Standard.
- Apply: Candidates having science background with a Diploma/ Degree in engineering may apply for Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) programme as well as Bachelor of Design Programme. Other candidates having aptitude for creativity / innovation / fashion design may apply for Bachelor of Design programme.
- Maximum Age: 24 years as on 1st October, 2019. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribe/ Persons With Disabilities (PWD)
Scheme of Exam
- Candidates will have to appear for an entrance examination, personal interview and verification of documents/eligibility at the NIFT Campus opted by them. The entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge and skill aptitude of the candidate for the programme opted.
- There is no negative marking. Entry to the Examination Centre will be allowed with Admit Card only. Mobiles and other infotech gadgets are not allowed inside the Examination Centre.
- Candidates found with mobile or other infotech gadgets will be asked to leave the examination centre and shall be disqualified. Candidates should reach the Examination Centre at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
Schedule of Written Exam
- Date of Test: 27th May 2019
- Merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in Written Examination, Studio Test/TAT & Interview, subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria and verification of documents as per schedule and weightage indicated below:
B.Des (Bachelor of Design) & B.F.Tech
- GAT - 40 Weightage; 01-hour duration and timings 10.00 am to 11.00 am
- Studio Test - 40 Weightage; 1 ½-hour duration and timings 11.30 am to 01.00 pm
- Interview - 20 Weightage; timings 02.00 pm onwards
- Venue: NIFT Campus selected by the candidate
- On the basis of information given in the NIFT Application Forms, Admit Card of provisionally eligible candidates will be available for download from www.nift.ac.in.
- Admit Card will not be sent by post. Candidates are advised to regularly check NIFT website for updates.
- The result of the entrance examination will be displayed on the NIFT website.Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria for admission.
Reservation of Seats
- The seats reserved for SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities (PWD)/Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI, in each program are as under:
- SC - 15%
- ST - 7.5%
- OBC (NON-CREAMY) - 27%
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) - 5% Horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person (with 40% or more disability) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamy and General category.
- Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation, at NIFT’s discretion.
- State Domicile - 20% (supernumerary)
- Foreign Nationals /SAARC/NRI - 15% (supernumerary)
- Category once filled up in the application form will not be changed at any stage.
NIFT Lateral Entry Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online at www. nift.ac.in
- Guidelines for applying online may be referred for the purpose. The Application Fee has to be paid through online payment gateway.
- Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category: Rs.2000/- through payment gateway.
- Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD Category : Rs.1000/- through payment gateway.
Mode of Payment:
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards Payments of application fee (Rs.2000/- or Rs.1000/-) can be made through credit cards / debit cards as explained above. The Bank and transaction charges on the application fee will be borne by the applicant.
- Candidates are advised to apply on time. For any assistance, may contact the Director of the nearest of the NIFT Campus. Applicants are advised to keep a printout / photocopy of Application Form for further reference along with proof of payment.
NIFT New Delhi
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hauzkhas, Near Gulmohar Park, New Delhi-110016, Tel. 011 26867704, Website www.nift.ac.in