Kannur University B.Ed Course Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Kannur University notifies B.Ed Admission for Academic session 2019
Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2019 - Kannur University has released notification from eligible candidates for admission to two year B.Ed. Course in the Department of Teacher Education at Kannur, Kasargod and Mananthavady and Govt. Aided and Unaided Colleges under Kannur University for 2019 session.
Interested candidates can read the complete detail of Kannur University B.Ed. Admission 2019 such as application form and fee, eligibility criteria, selection process etc on this page.
See: B.Ed Admission
B.Ed. Course 2019 Admission
- The Bachelor of Education Program generally known as B Ed, is a Professional Course that prepares Teachers for Upper Primary or Middle Level (Sixth to eighth), Secondary Level (class IX , X) and Senior Secondary Level (Class XI, XII). Govt. of Kerala decided to implement the revised regulation of NCTE to enhance the duration of B Ed Course as 2 academic years, with effect from 2015 admission onwards
- The B Ed Program shall be of a duration of 2 years with 200 working days in each year, exclusive of the period of examination and admission.
The B.Ed. Program
The B.Ed. Program shall be of duration 2 years with 200 working days in each year, exclusive of the period of exam and admission.
Optional Subjects Offered (Campuses)
- Arabic - Kasaragod only
- Commerce - Mananthavady & Kannur
- English - Kannur & Kasaragod
- Hindi - Mananthavady only
- Kannada - Kasaragod only
- Malayalam - All Campuses
- Mathematics - All Campuses
- Natural Science - Kannur & Mananthavady
- Physical Science - Kannur & Kasaragod
- Sanskrit - Kannur only
- Social Science - All Campuses
Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Submission of online application form starts 06th June 2019
- Last date of submission online application form on or before 15th June 2019
- Date of Publication of 1st List of candidates selected for Admission: 22nd June 2019
- Date of Commencement of Interview: 01st July 2019
- Commencement of Classes: 30th July 2019
- Closing Date of Admission: 05th August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2019
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. course should have passed B.A./B.Sc/M.Com Degree examination (under the 10+2+3 pattern) with one main/core subject and two subsidiary/ complementary course from this University or any other University recognized by this University as equivalent thereto.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying Exam from Universities outside Kerala should submit Eligibility/Equivalence Certificate stating that their qualifying Exam is recognized by this University, for seeking admission to B.Ed. Degree Course in a particular optional subject in a stream as applicable, along with their application
- Double or triple main candidates of other Universities will be considered for admission only if they furnish the copies of the Equivalence/Eligibility certificate from Kannur University stating that the qualifying exam is recognized for seeking admission to B.Ed. Degree course in a particular optional subject
- The minimum requirement of marks for admission to B.Ed. Course is 50 % or equivalent CGPA (No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted) in Bachelor’s degree (Science/Arts Subjects) for Part III/Core and Complementary courses together or 50% or equivalent CGPA marks in MA/M.Sc./M Com with usual relaxation for the eligible as per University/Govt./NCTE norms
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST and natives of Lakshadweep, Aided or Govt. Teachers with 3 years regular service need to secure a pass in the Degree Exam
- The candidates belonging to SEBC will be given a relaxation of 5% and the candidates belonging to OEC will be given a relaxation of 5% from the prescribed minimum marks. Blind candidates who have more than 40% disability will be given relaxation of 5% from the prescribed minimum marks
- Candidates should be physically fit and mentally sound
For Language Optional
- English: BA Degree with English Language and Literature/Functional English/Communicative English with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III/Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA English Language and Literature/Functional English/Communicative English or BA/B.Sc with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA for Part I English/Common Course-1
- Malayalam: BA Degree with Malayalam Language and Literature with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III//Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA Malayalam Language & Literature or BA/B.Sc. with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA for Part II/Common Course-2 (Malayalam) and not less than 50% marks for Masters Degree in Malayalam Language
- Hindi: BA Degree with Hindi Language and Literature/ Functional Hindi with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III/Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA Hindi Language and Literature or B.A/B.Sc. with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA for Part II/Common Course 2 (Hindi) and not less than 50% marks for Masters Degree in Hindi Language
- Arabic: BA Degree with Arabic Language and Literature /Afzal-Ul-Ulama Degree with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III/Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA Arabic Language and Literature or B.A/B.Sc. with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA for Part II/Common Course-2 (Arabic) and not less than 50% marks
- Kannada: BA Degree with Kannada Language and Literature with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III/Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA Kannada Language and Literature or BA/B.Sc. with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA for Part II/Common Course-2 (Kannada)
- Sanskrit: BA Degree with Sanskrit Language and Literature with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Par III/Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA Sanskrit Language and Literature or B.A/B.Sc. with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA for Part II/Common Course? 2 (Sanskrit) and not less than 50% marks
For Other Optional Subject
- Mathematics: B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics/statistics/Applied Statistics as main, with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III/Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in M.Sc. Mathematics/Statistics/Applied Statistics
- Physical Science: B.Sc. Degree with Physics/Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry /Geology /Petrochemicals /Bio Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry main with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III/Core and Complementary Courses
- Natural Sciences: B.Sc. Degree with Botany/Zoology/Biochemistry/B.Sc Plant Science/Home Science with Zoology or Botany as subsidiary/Aquaculture (with Biochemistry and Zoology as Subsidiaries)/Forestry and Wood Technology Biotechnology/Microbiology with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III/Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks
- Social Science: B.A Degree with History/Arabic and Islamic History/Urdu and Islamic History/Geography /Politics/ Economics/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Philosophy/ West Asian Studies with 50% mark or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III /Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks
- Commerce: Candidates who have secured M.Com Degree with not less than 50% marks are eligible for admission to the B.Ed. Course in Commerce. Such candidates are not eligible for admission to any other B.Ed. Course
- Selection is based on the marks/grades obtained by the applicant in the Degree Examination for Part III/core and complementary courses or Part I /Part II common courses as the case may be. A reduction of one point will be made in the index mark for every repeated chance
- A weightage of 5 points/marks will be given to candidates who have taken Degree from Kannur University
Kannur University B.Ed Admissions 2019 Application Process
- Application must be submitted online through the website www.sde.kannuruniversity.ac.in after remitting the admission fee.
- Application Fee: Will be as follows; Govt. & Aided Colleges = Rs. 60/-
- Unaided Colleges = Rs.280/- (Rs. 110/- for SC/ST)
- The fees above should be paid by way of Treasury Challan or Current Account paying at Slip (SBT) for Kannur University
- The Challan receipt/ pay-in-slip in original towards the registration fee should be attached to the filled in application form. The candidates should remit the above fee Rs.280/- (Rs.110/- for SC/ST Category) by way of Challan/pay-in-slip
- Application along with original Challan/DD is to be submitted for admission at the departments concerned.
- Candidates applying for admission under Sports Quota should submit a Photostat copy of his/her application, separately with the superscription “Sports Quota” to the Director, Dept. of Physical Education, Kannur University Campus
- Each candidate is required to specify in the relevant column of the application form the code of the quota as noted below under which they wish to apply
- Demand Drafts shall be drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Kannur University payable at SBT Kannur University Campus Branch. DDs drawn from banks other than SBT should be payable at Kannur
For details visit www.kannuruniversity.ac.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!