Jadavpur University Admission to M.Phil Course 2019-20
Jadavpur University Kolkata announces Admission to M.Phil courses 2019
Jadavpur University M.Phil Admission 2019 - Jadavpur University Kolkata invites applications from interested candidates for admission to M.Phil Courses for the academic session 2019-20.
Jadavpur University M.Phil Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for online submission of application
10th July 2019extended to 19 July 2019
- Last Date submission of application fees through SBI I-Collect System (using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card) is
13th July 2019extended to 21st July 2019
- List of candidates eligible for Admission Test will be published on 16th July 2019
- Dates Admission Tests:
- Bengali: 25th July 2019
- Comparative Literature: 22nd July 2019
- Economics: 26th July 2019
- Education: 25th July 2019
- English: 25th July 2019
- History: 22nd July 2019
- Philosophy: 23rd July 2019
- International Relations: 22nd July 2019
- Sanskrit: 25th July 2019
- Sociology: 22nd July 2019
- Library & Information Science: 22nd July 2019
- Publication of provisional merit list (tentative) on or before 08th August 2019
Also See : MPhil Admission
Eligibility Criteria for Jadavpur University M.Phil Admission 2019
- Candidates who have completed results of Masters Course or equivalent in a relevant subject (as specified under B below) and fulfill the eligibility conditions laid down in A below may apply for admission to M.Phil Course for the academic session 2019-20.
- Current students of M.A./M.Sc. courses who have appeared or due to appear in the final exam of M.A./M.Sc. or its equivalent (in the relevant subjects as specified under B below) scheduled to be completed before June 28, 2019, securing at least the minimum percentage of marks as mentioned under A in the aggregate of all marks obtained in 1st, 2nd and 3rd semester exams (in case of grade, the mid value of the corresponding range of marks should be considered for the calculation of relevant percentage of marks) with at least 40% marks in each course/paper are also eligible to apply
- For such candidates the percentage of marks obtained in the aggregate of 1st, 2nd and 3rd semesters examinations will be considered for preparing the merit list. At the time of counseling/ admission those students (if provisionally selected) must submit proof of completion of M.A./M.Sc. Final Exam 2019 authenticated by the appropriate authority of his/her college/institute/university in prescribed format (click here)
- They will be required to submit their mark-sheet positively by September 30, 2019.
For PD Category
- Persons with 40% or more disability will only be considered for admission under PD category under PWD (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 2016.
- Candidates who have applied under PD category must submit an attested photocopy of certificate of disability issued by the competent authority along with a print out of online payment receipt within July 26, 2019 (5:00 P.M.) to the Office of the Dean and the Secretary, Faculty Council of Arts, Ground Floor, UG Arts Building, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032. The photocopy of the certificate and print out of online payment receipt may also be sent by post. The last date of receiving the certificates by post is July 26 (5:00 P.M.), 2019.
- Applicants under PD category will have to appear before an expert committee to be constituted by the University. The date will be notified later.
For SC/ST Category
- As per circular Nos. BC-16014/1/82-SC dt.06/08/1984 & BCD-1, D.O.12017/11/89-SCD(R.CELL) dt.09/01/1990 and letter No.1510-SCW dt.31/05/2007 from the Government of West Bengal, Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of the States other than West Bengal are not entitled to get the benefit of reserved quota in Educational Institutions in West Bengal.
- Bengali: A. in Bengali or Comparative Literature
- English: A. in English or Comparative Literature
- Philosophy, History, Sociology: A. in the subject
- Economics: A./M.Sc. in Economics or M.S. in Quantitative Economics
- Comparative Literature: A. in any subject
- International Relations: A. in International Relations/Political Science
- Sanskrit: A. in Sanskrit or Comparative Literature with Sanskrit as one of the pass subjects carrying at least 300 marks at the undergraduate level
- Education: A. in Education
- Library & Information Science: L.I.Sc./M.L.I.Sc. (Digital Library)/M.S. in Library and Information Science.
Also See : Admission Notification
- For Sociology, Philosophy & Library & Information Science: Selection of candidates will be made in order of merit, ascertained on the basis of 50% weight on marks obtained in an admission test* and 50% weight on aggregate marks in Master’s programme.
- For Economics, English, History, Sanskrit, Bengali, Comparative Literature, International Relations and Education: Selection of candidates will be made in order of merit, ascertained on the basis of marks obtained in an admission test*.
- *The candidates under General category must secure at least 50% marks in the written admission test for consideration in the merit list for admission.
Jadavpur University M.Phil Admission 2019 Application Process
- Download the Application Form (http://184.108.40.206/jadavpurMphil/)
- Take a print out of the application form and fill it up as instructed
- Paste an attested recent passport size photograph on the application form
- Take a print out of the Receipt cum Admit Card in the last page of this document and paste an attested recent passport size photograph
- Submit the duly filled-in application form along with the following documents to the Office of Dean and Secretary, Faculty of Arts, UG Arts Building, Ground Floor, Jadavpur University, Kolkata-700032, on and from 10th July 2019, during office hours (11.00 am – 05.00 pm, Monday-Friday)
- A Demand Draft of Rs.100/- drawn in favour of The Registrar, Jadavpur University and payable in Kolkata
- Last Date submission of application fees through SBI I-Collect System (using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card) is 13th July 2019. After payment through online please print the e-receipt for further reference.
- Last Date submission of application fees through SBI I-Collect System (using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card) is 13th July 2019. After payment through online please print the e-receipt for further reference. Enter the Date of Birth in ddmmyyyy format at SBI server at the time of online payment.
For more information visit the official website: www.jaduniv.edu.in
Jadavpur University Kolkata
Faculty of Arts, UG Arts Building, Ground Floor, Jadavpur University, Kolkata-700032, Website www.jaduniv.edu.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!