Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admission 2021 Dates, Application Form
Institute of Life Sciences Bhubaneswar announces Admission to PhD Programs 2021
Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admission 2021 - Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar invites applications from Indian nationals for PhD Programs at the Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology for the academic year 2021.
PhD Programs is offered in the following research areas
- Cancer Biology
- Infectious Disease Biology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Human Genetics
Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date of receiving applications :- 02nd July 2021
- Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions in the Institute website :- 09th July 2021
- Tentative date of interview :- 02nd week of August, 2021. The final date of interview will be confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates is displayed on the ILS website.
Eligibility Criteria for Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMRJRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application. Candidates with a mark sheet can also apply, however, they have to submit their results at the time of interview.
- Age Limit : The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 2nd July, 2021. An age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and three years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (as per Govt. of India rules).
Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form through the link https://forms.gle/v7fiHnrJtufMndYH8 as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in).
- Duly filled-up application form along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and copy of proof of payment should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2nd July, 2021 (05.00 PM).
- Hard copy of the application must be posted. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The application should be sent with the subject “Application for Ph.D. Program”.
- Applicants except SC/ST/ physically handicapped are required to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/-.
- The bank details : Beneficiary name : Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Account No: 450502010006285, Bank: Union Bank of India, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar; IFS Code: UBIN0545058
- The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies - SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.
- To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to sleeper class will be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
- The final date of interview will be confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates is displayed on the ILS website.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website