IIFT New Delhi Phd Admission 2019 Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) New Delhi announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
IIFT PhD Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi Invites applications for its Full time and Part-time PhD Program (Economics & Management) from both domestic and overseas candidates for the year 2019
Selected Candidates for the PhD Program can attend the classes during the course work from Delhi As well as Kolkata campus (through real time interactions)
PhD Broad Areas
- The broad areas in which the Institute offers admission to PhD Programs Economics & Trade Policy, Finance, General Management & Strategy, IT Innovation & Technology Management, Marketing & Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Program Attended by both Part Time and Full-Time research scholars. Most of the IIFT PhD Scholars are placed highly in reputed academic Institutions and Universities, Govt. Departments and Leading Corporate Groups.
IIFT PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for submission of Application and Statement of Purpose: 26th April 2019
- Notification of eligible candidates for written entrance examination: 08th May 2019
- Date of written entrance examination and descriptive test: 19th May 2019
- Declaration of result of written entrance examination: 31st May 2019
- Personal Interview at IIFT campus in New Delhi/ Kolkata: 3rd week of June 2019
- Declaration of Final Results: 1st week of July 2019
- Commencement of the Ph.D. Programme: 3rd/ 4th week of July 2019
Also See: PhD in Economics Admissions 2019
Duration PhD Program
- PhD at IIFT is a 5-year Program
- The PhD Program of the Institute covers Doctoral research in a variety of business related areas leading to the award of PhD degree. The main objectives of the PhD Program:
- To provide facilities for higher studies and advanced research in areas relating to International Business;
- To encourage and facilitate research on contemporary issues in the field of International Business; and
- To encourage publication of research papers in academic journals, occasional papers and monographs, books and other refereed forums.
Eligibility Criteria for IIFT PhD Admission 2019
The eligibility criteria for applying in IIFT PhD Program are the following:
- Master’s degree/MPhil degree in any discipline(including IIFT MPIB) from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus in aggregate or; Diploma courses which are considered equivalent to master's degree (e.g., PGDIM from IIMs)with 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus,recognized by AICTE/UGC would be considered
- In such cases candidates would be required to produce the necessary certificate(s) from Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time
- Overseas candidates those who are having Master's/MPhil Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus in aggregate can apply
- Minimum knowledge of spoken and written English is essential; or there is no scholarship, residential / hostel facility available for overseas scholars in the Institute.
A two-stage process is followed for admission to IIFT PhD Program
- Stage I: All the eligible candidates will be called for the Written Entrance Test, comprising of Basic Statistics, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, basic Mathematics (up to 12th Std.) and the Descriptive Test to judge the writing skill of candidates on a subject-specific contemporary issue. It is important to note that the Written Entrance Test is a screening test.
- Stage II: Candidates who would qualify in the Written Entrance Test will be called for the Interview.
Centres for Written Entrance Test
- Written Entrance Exam will take place both at Kolkata and New Delhi campuses of the Institute. However, the Interview for the qualifying candidates will only be conducted at the New Delhi campus.
Also See: PhD Admission in Management 2019
IIFT PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application Form and Brochure for the Ph.D. Programme can be downloaded from the website www.iift.edu.
- Candidates applying for both Full Time and Part Time Ph.D. Programme need to fill in the Application Form and submit the same to the Institute along with a Demand Draft of `2,500 (`1,250 in respect of SC/ST candidates and US$120/ `8,500 for Foreign Nationals) in favor of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade payable at New Delhi so as to reach latest by 26th April 2019 at the following address:
- For any Academic Query relating to the Ph.D. Programme, write to: Dr. Jaydeep Mukherjee, Ph.D. Programme Director (INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE) B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi 110016 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 91-11- 39147200-205 (Extn.415)
- All communication may be sent to: Ms. Lalita Gupta, Section Officer (Research Division) INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi 110016 E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 91-11-39147200-205 (Extn. 426), 39147226 (Direct) Fax: 91-11-39147301
IIFT New Delhi
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi - Deemed University, B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi-110016,Tel 01126966563, Fax 01126867851, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org,Website www.iift.edu