GIPE PhD Admission 2020 Notification, Application, Dates
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Doctor of Philosophy Admission 2020
GIPE PhD Admission 2020 Notification - Entrance Test for admission to the Ph.D Programme in Economics/Population Studies / Agricultural Economics/Sociology/Public Policy and Law & Economics will be conducted on 14th December 2019 at the institute.
GIPE PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Submission of application: 20th November 2019
- List of the eligible candidates to appear for Entrance Examination: 29th November 2019
- Written Test: 14th December 2019
- Result of the Written Test: 23rd December 2019
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Course Name: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Agricultural Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Applied Macro Economics
- Demography & Gender
- Demography & Population Economics
- Development Economics
- Economic History
- Economics of Affirmative Action
- Economics of conflict
- Economics of microfinance
- Environmental Economics
- Finance and Banking
- Financial Economics
- Gender (sex ratio), Caste and Class
- Input-Output Economics
- Labor Economics
- Law and Economics
- Livelihood Activities
- Macro Econometric Modeling
- Monetary Economics
- Poverty and Inequality
- Public Economics
- Regional Economics
- Resource Economics
- Social Problems
Eligibility Criteria for GIPE PhD Admission 2020
- Master's Degree in Economics/Agricultural Economics/Population Studies/Law and Economics/Public Policy/Sociology with at least 55 percent marks ((50 percent for reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ST/OBC/VJNT/DTNT) from a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates should download the application form from www.gipe.ac.in and submit two copies (one original plus one photo copy) of their application form along with bio-data and the list of publications, etc.
- Candidates should submit with their application, self attested copies of Certificates as proof of their educational qualifications and experience, statements of marks and of the S.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of their date of birth. Original certificates should not be submitted along with the application but should be produced at the time of interview.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories should also submit with their application, self attested copy of the valid caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- The allocation of seats shall be as per Government of Maharashtra guidelines, with 50% of the seats in the open category and the rest in reserved categories. Seats not filled in the reserved categories shall be transferred to the open category.
- Candidates who have qualified for Junior Research Fellowship should submit a copy of the relevant letter or certificate from University Grants Commission.
- Candidates who are employed should submit their applications through proper channel, along with a No Objection Certificate from the employer.
- Any change of address given in the application form should be communicated to the Director, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (Deemed to be University), Pune 411004.
- Eligible candidates desirous of applying for admission to the Ph.D. Programme January 2020 are requested to download the application Form from www.gipe.ac.in and submit the same duly filled in, or before 20th November 2019.
GIPE PhD Admission 2020 Application Procedure
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. programme after notification shall download the application form from the Institute’s website www.gipe.ac.in and submit the same to the Ph.D. section at the Institute along with the prescribed application fee.
- The duly filled in application form should be submitted along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 3,000/- for Open and OBC candidates (Rs. 1500/- for reserved category candidates i.e. SC, ST, DTNT and VJNT) drawn in favour of Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, payable at Pune. Applications submitted without demand draft will not be considered.
- Eligible candidates desirous to applying for admission to the Ph.D Programme January 2020 are requested to download the Application Form from www.gipe.in and submit the same duly filled in, or before 20th November 2019
Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics (Deemed University), 846 Shivajinagar, Deccan Gymkhana B, Pune 411 004, Maharashtra
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India