Goa University PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application, Selection
Goa University announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
Goa University PhD Admission 2019 – Goa University invites application for admission to the Ph.D. Program in the various subjects offered at Post Graduate Departments/Research Centres of Goa University for the academic session 2019-20
See: PhD Admission 2019
Goa University PhD Admission 2019 Important dates
- Date of Notification for Admission 06th April 2019
- Last Date for submission of application form 18th April 2019
- Conduct of Interview in the respective Dept./Centres : 25th and 26th April 2019
- Declaration of list of Candidates eligible for Registration: 30th April 2019
- Last date for payment of fees by the selected candidates: 10th May 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Goa University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree by papers or a professional Degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale(or an equivalent grade in appoint scale wherever grading system in followed) or an equivalent Degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognised or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible to register for the Ph.D. degree
- A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be given for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy Layer) Differently –Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time or for those who have obtained Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.The eligibility of marks of 55% ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks.
- Admission to the Ph.D. Programme for April 2019 session is open to the following candidates.
- Candidates who have qualified in the examinations of apex bodies such as CSIR UGC NET / JRF / Lectureship, SET/SLET examination of different Indian States, JRF examinations of ICAR/ICMR/DBT,GATE,DST-Inspire fellowship, or regular M.Phil degree qualified through entrance test.
[Students who have completed M. Phil by distance mode are not eligible for exemption from the entrance test.]
- All the candidates who have qualified in the M.Phil/Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by this University held in the month of July/August 2018
- Senior Citizens who are otherwise qualified shall also be exempted from appearing at Ph.D. Entrance Test. However they will not be issued an Equivalence Certificate.
- Such candidates shall be eligible to appear for an interview in the concerned Department
Goa University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants are requested to visit www.unigoa.ac.in and submit application form online
- For details please refer Ordinance OA-19A of Goa University available on the University website
- General Category Rs 600/-
- SC/ST/OBC/PD Rs 300/-
For more detail visit website: www.unigoa.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India