Gauhati University M.Phil and PhD Program Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Gauhati University announces GU-RET 2019 for Admission to MPhil and PhD Autumn Session
Gauhati University M.Phil PhD Admission 2019 - Gauhati University (GU) invites applications for admission to MPhil and PhD Program for the Session 2019-20 (August 2019 - July 2020) ( (Autumn Session).
See: PHD Admission 2019
- Admission into the Autumn Session of the PhD Program and MPhil Program of Gauhati University for the academic Session 2019-20 (August 2019 - July 2020) is a two-tier process.
- The admission to the MPhil & PhD Programs at GU is a highly competitive process and prospective MPhil & PhD applicants need to go through the Central Application Process (CAP). You can have an overview of the current research papers, published in reputed international journals by visiting our Research Highlight section
- Admission into the MPhil and PhD (Autumn Session) Programs are available in the following disciplines. Probable vacancy positions are shown alongside for both MPhil & PhD. Please note that the vacancy positions are ONLY indicative. The exact position will be known only at the time of counselling
- Anthropology, Applied Sciences, Arabic, Assamese, Bengali, Bioengineering & Technology, Biotechnology, Bodo, Botany, Business Administration, Chemistry, Clinical Psychology, Commerce, Communication & Journalism, Computer Science, Economics, Education, ECE, ECT, English, English Language Teaching, Environmental Science, Folklore Research, Foreign Languages Geography, Geological Sciences, Hindi, History, Information Technology, Instrumentation & USIC, Law, MIL & Literary Studies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychiatric Nursing, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Women Studies, Zoology.
Gauhati University M.Phil PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Central Application Process (CAP): 08th June 2019
- Close date of CAP: 26th June 2019
- GU-RET 2019: 06th July 2019
- GU-RET Result: 15th July 2019
- Counselling: To be announced
- Final Merit List: 15th August 2019
- M.Phil–PhD Course Work will begin from: 16th August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University M.Phil PhD Admission 2019
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject.
- The minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In the case of Medical Sciences specialisation, the rules of the Medical Council of India or the Indian Nursing Council or Rehabilitation Council of India or the recommendation of faculty of Medicine for clinical courses will be followed.
- The candidate who has M.Ed. the degree can apply for the PhD programme in the Education Department for research on a topic related to Education, Education System, Curriculum, Teaching Methods, and Educational Technology.
- An applicant who has an M.Ed. degree can apply for PhD Program in the Education Dept. for research on a topic related to Education, Education System, Curriculum, Teaching Methods, Educational Technology of the concerned subject, provided the applicant has a Masters Degree in the concerned subject
- In such cases, the applicant will have to appear in the admission test (GU-RET), unless exempted, in the subject of the parent department and if admitted, the candidate will have to take a Co-Guide from the Education Dept. of GU
- Students who have appeared or are appearing in their postgraduate final examinations may also apply for admission into the MPhil or PhD Programmes. However, such candidates will be required to furnish their results before the final selection list of successful applicants is prepared by the concerned department.
- An applicant who is in a service (either permanent or temporary or part-time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
Gauhati University M.Phil PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The application process for GU RET 2019 is conducted through a Central Application Process (CAP). Candidates can fill the form for PhD and M.Phil course through CAP.
- Also, the candidates who have been exempted from taking GU RET 2019 have to fill the CAP and pay the fees. The application form for GU RET 2019 is available now, Candidates fill the same before the last date. You must check the eligibility criteria first before applying for GU RET 2019.
- Prospective applicant can apply for both PhD or MPhil or both in the available disciplines. ONLY one application is needed for both MPhil or PhD or both.
- Majority of the subjects in which a student can do a PhD or MPhil at GU are closely linked to one or more departments. An applicant can select a maximum of two options to appear in the GU-RET in two disciplines.
- Application fee is Rs.1000.00 per subject and the bank transaction fee.
- All applicants (irrespective of any exemptions) MUST go through the CAP and pay the CAP fee after successful completion of the CAP. Without the remittance of this fee, Admit Card for GU-RET 2019 will not be issued. The fee should be paid through payment gateway only.
- GU-RET 2019 (GU Research Eligibility Test) is the first screening test after the Central Application Process (CAP) for admission into the MPhil and PhD Program of GU, unless an applicant qualifies for an exemption.
Gauhati University, Guwahati
Gauhati University, Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar, Guwahati-781014, Assam India, Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India