Gauhati University announces GU Research Eligibility Test (GU-RET) for Admission to PhD Program 2021 for Autumn Session
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2021 – Gauhati University (GU) invites applications for Admission into the Autumn Session of the PhD Program through GU Research Eligibility Test (GU-RET) 2021 of Gauhati University for the academic session 2021-22.
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- CAP Opens on 23rd October 2021
- CAP Closes on 01st November 2021
- GURET 2021 Admit Card will be available on 09th November 2021
- GURET 2021 Exam Date: 28th November 2021
- Declaration of Merit Lists: 09th December 2021
- Date of Counselling: 11th – 17th December 2021
- Online Admission: 20th December 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University PhD Admission 2021
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply
- Minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In the case of Medical Sciences, the rules of the Medical Council of India/Indian Nursing Council/Rehabilitation Council of India/ recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses shall be followed (where necessary).
- An applicant who is in a service (either permanent or temporary or part-time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
Exemption from GURET 2021
- Exemption from appearing in the GURET 2021 does not mean automatic admission into the PhD Programme
- It is just a benefit awarded to certain deserving applicants. An exempted applicant will necessarily have to go through the process of Counselling before she/he can be admitted into the PhD Program.
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online only through the official website https://gauhati.ac.in/ & https://admissions.gauhati.ac.in/
- Application process for GU-RET 2021 is conducted through a Central Application Process (CAP). Candidates can fill the form for PhD courses through CAP.
- Also, the candidates who have been exempted from taking GU RET 2021 have to fill the CAP and pay the fees
- Application form for GU-RET 2021 is available now
- Candidates fill the same before the last date
- Application Fee – Rs. 1000/- + Bank Charge
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit Cards (Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards/ Internet Banking/RuPay Card
- Admission will be based on the Entrance test (GURET 2021).
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Types of Questions: Objective Type Test
- No. of Questions: 120 questions
- Total Marks: 480 Marks
- Marking Scheme: There will be no marking for unattempted questions
- The syllabus for the GURET 2021 will be that of the concerned Master’s subject.
- Admit card can be downloaded from the website https://gauhati.ac.in/ & https://admissions.gauhati.ac.in/
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website