Dibrugarh University announces Research Admission Test (DURAT) 2022 for admission to PhD Program, Apply now
DURAT 2022 – Online applications are invited from the intending eligible candidates for appearing in the Dibrugarh University Research Admission Test (DURAT) 2022 for admission to the PhD Program for the academic session 2022-23.
Dibrugarh University Research Admission Test (DURAT) 2022
- The courses that are offered in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program are Life Sciences; Economics; English; Chemistry; Applied Geology; Assamese; Business Administration; Computer Science; Political Science; Mathematics; Anthropology; Pharm Sciences; Statistics; Petroleum Engineering; Education; Physics; Sociology; History; civil Engg.; Electronics & Communication Engg.; Atmospheric Science; Business Administration; Commerce; Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engg.
- Date of Notification: 21st October 2022
- Online application portal open: 01st November 2022
- Last date to apply: 30th November 2022 till 5:00 pm
- Date of the DURAT 2022 (Phase I, Written Test) : 11th December 2022 (10:30 am – 01:30 pm)
- A candidate intending to appear in the DURAT 2022 for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) shall have to obtain at least 55% or equivalent grade point in the Masters Degree, in which he/ she intends to appear in the DURAT.
- A relaxation upto 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade in the qualifying degree is allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer) and differently abled category.
- Online submission of the DURAT 2022 Application Form will begin from 01st Nov. 2022
- Application for DURAT 2022 is through online mode only. No other means of application is accepted. The last date for submission of Application is 30th Nov. 2022 (till 5.00 p.m.).
- Candidates shall be required to register in the portal www.dibru.online by entering Full Name, Username, Password and a Mobile Numbers to login. The candidate will get an “Activation Code” in the mobile which is to be entered for Activation.
- After Activation, the candidates shall be required to log in with his/ her username and password and shall be required to fill up the Online Application Form with correct and appropriate information.
- Application Fee is Rs. 500/- for the candidates to submit with the application form
- Payment Mode: Payment of application form will only be through the online mode. The candidates can make payment gateway by using Debit Card/Credit Card/ Internet Banking during the submission of form
- Selection Process shall consist of two phases:
- Phase I: Written Test (in a single paper for 100 marks) with 70% weightage.
- Phase II: Viva-voce to be conducted by the Department/ Centre for Studies concerned with 30% weightage.
- The list of the provisionally selected candidates shall be prepared-by the Department Centre for Studies concerned combining the performances of the candidates in batch Phase I and Phase II.
DURAT Exam Pattern 2022
- DURAT shall be conducted in a single paper which shall comprise of two parts:
- 50% on Research Methodology/Research Aptitude (Group A) and
- 50% from core course components of the subject concerned (Group B).
- The paper shall carry 100 marks in the duration of examination shall be of two and a half hours.
- A candidate intending to appear in the DURAT shall be required to obtain at least 55% marks OR equivalent grade point in the Masters degree, in which he/ she intends to appear in the DURAT.
- Reserved category candidates will have 5% relaxation in the marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade in the qualifying degree.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website