Desh Bhagat University PhD and MPhil Admission 2020
Desh Bhagat University announces Admission to Ph.D and M.Phil Courses for January 2020 Session
Desh Bhagat University PhD and MPhil Admission 2020 – Desh Bhagat University, Mandi Gobindgarh is conducting the Entrance Test for PhD/M. Phil Course for the 15th Batch on 15th December 2019 (Sunday) for the following streams.
M.Phil / PhD Available Streams
- Anatomy; Ayurveda; Botany/ Environmental Science /Bio – Chemistry/Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Food Technology /Nutrition & Dietetics; Human Genetics; Business Management/ Commerce/ Disaster Management/ Entrepreneurship & Start Up; Airlines & Tourism; Library Science; Fine Arts; Law; Mathematics; Physics; ECE; Mechanical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Education; Political Science/Public Administration; Sociology; Psychology; Hindi; Punjabi & English
Desh Bhagat University PhD and MPhil Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Registration for Test Starts w.e.f: 20th November 2019
- Last Date for Filling Applications Form: 09th December 2019
- Last Date for Filling Applications Form with late fee of Rs. 6000/- from 10th to 14th December 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 15th December 2019 (Sunday)
- Duration of Test: 11:00 am –1:00 pm Reporting time is 9:30 AM
- Interview Date: To be notified later on
Eligibility Criteria for Desh Bhagat University PhD and MPhil Admission 2020
- Masters Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks. B+ grade at Master's Degree (SC/ST and physically challenged/disabled candidates will get 5% relaxation in Post-Graduation marks).
- As Per DBU norms, Eligibility for getting admission in Ph.D Dental Sciences & Public Health will be 50% marks in Post-Graduation Degree.
- Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination but their results are still awaited, can appear in the entrance test but they will have to submit the original certificates of the qualifying examination before the commencement of the course work, otherwise their admission will be cancelled.
- Reservation policy as per Punjab Government rules
See: PHD Admission
Exemption from the Entrance Test
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/CSIR (JRF) Examination/SLET/GATE or are Teacher fellowship holders or DST (INSPIRE/ICMR/any other National Agency Fellow or have PhD Degree in any other subject from a recognized University, are exempted from appearing in the entrance test, the selection of these candidates will be based on their performance in the interview as well as on their overall academic merit
- Candidates who have obtained M. Phil. degree with minimum B+ grade or equivalent from Desh Bhagat University, Mandi Gobindgarh or any other recognized University as a regular student and whose admission at the MPhil level has been through an entrance test, are exempted from appearing in the entrance test for PhD Program
- Candidates seeking exemption from entrance test will have to apply for the same by filling up the application form for exemption
- The applications for exemption will be securitized and the list of exempted students will be displayed on the University Website
- The Entrance Test Fee of Rs. 4000/- should be deposited as per the details given below. Candidates are requested to show original fee slip at the time of entrance test.
- Entrance Test Fee: Rs 4,000/-(Without Late Fee)
- Account Name: Desh Bhagat University
- Bank Name: IDFC Bank
- Account Number: 10021693440
- Branch: SCO-169-170, Sector 8C, Chandigarh,160008
- IFSC: IDFB0021211
Desh Bhagat University PhD and MPhil Admission 2020 Application Process
- Instructions for Filling On-Line Admission Form for Entrance Test:
- Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D/M. Phil are required to appear in the Entrance Test to be conducted on 15th December 2019
- The candidates can apply for the entrance test only through online mode.
- Application through Online Mode
- The form for entrance test is available at the university website www.deshbhagatuniversity.in.
- The candidates are required to upload their photographs, scanned copy of the certificate of matriculation, Master’s degree and fee slip.
- Upon successful submission of the form, Admit Card will be generated online. For appearing in the entrance test, the candidate is required to produce the admit card and the original fee slip.
- All the relevant information regarding the entrance test will be available on the University Website www.desh bhagat university.in.
Desh Bhagat University
Desh Bhagat University, Off to NH1, Mandi Gobindgarh, District Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab-147301, India, Tel : +91-82838-11111, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.deshbhagatuniversity.in.