DTU PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Delhi Technological University announces PhD Admission 2020 (January Session)
DTU PhD Admission 2020 - Delhi Technological University, Delhi invites applications for admission to Full Time and Part Time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the session January 2020.
See: PHD Admissions
- The University offers Ph.D. Program in a wide range of areas in Engineering, Sciences and Humanities.
- The academic program leading to the PhD degree is broad-based and involves a course credit requirement and research publications leading to thesis submission.
- Facilities for research work leading to the PhD degree are available in the departments of Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Environmental engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics & communication engineering, Humanities & USME, Design, Delhi School of Management, Computer Science & Engineering, Civil engineering, Biotechnology, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Applied chemistry & Polymer Science & Technology.
DTU PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
Start for Online Registration
09th December 2019
Last date for Online Registration
20th December 2019
Eligibility Criteria for DTU PhD Admission 2020
- An applicant possessing a Master's degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences/Management/ Humanities/Design and Social Science in a relevant discipline or equivalent with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) a determined.
- In exceptional cases an applicant with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible.
- Relaxation of 5% in marks at the level of qualifying degree will be given to SC/ST category students for determining the eligibility conditions to apply for PhD. admission.
- The short listing of applications possessing the minimum educational qualifications, for the purpose of screening test & interview will be done by the respective departments in consultation with the PhD. Coordinator nominated by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The cut off for the screening test for shortlisting the candidates for the interview will be decided by the University. Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview, the DRC will recommend the names of candidates to the dean PG.
- Screening test shall be waived only for valid UGC/CSIR/DST/JRF fellowship holders, foreign students who apply through MHRD and foreign students under cultural exchange scholarship program (ICCR)
- All the shortlisted candidates on the basis of screening test are required to come along with small power point presentation on the topic of their interest during the interview.
DTU PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- The Application Form available online at DTU website www.dtu.ac.in
- The candidate should first register using a valid email id and password, and then login for filling the online application form. Please note that an ‘Application number’ will be generated while filling up the Online Registration form. This Application number will be used for all future correspondence. For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with his/her registered email id and chosen password.
- The candidate must have his/her personal mobile no. and valid email id. The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email id in use which they have furnished in the application form as important information may be communicated to the candidates through SMS or email id.
- The fee for Registration is Rs 1000/- (for GEN/OBC category) and Rs. 500/- (for SC/ST category). Registration Fee once paid is non-refundable. Online transaction charges are payable extra as per banking gateway. The Registration fee may be submitted either by Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card.
The candidates are suggested to keep following University website (www.dtu.ac.in) for updates related to admissions and also check their registered email id regularly.
Delhi Technological University
DTU Established by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi vide Act 6 of 2009 (Formerly Delhi College of Engineering), Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road, Delhi-110042, India, Tel. +91-1127882284, Helpdesk Email id - firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.dce.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India