CESS Hyderabad PhD in Development Studies Admission 2019
CESS Hyderabad announces PhD in Development Studies Admission 2019
CESS Hyderabad PhD Development Studies Admission 2019 - The Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad in collaboration with Telangana University, Nizamabad invites applications from candidates below 35 years of age for admission into PhD Program Development Studies for the academic year 2019-20.
Also See : Phd Admissions
Subjects Offered for PhD Program
- Sociology/Anthropology/Social Work
- Political Science/Public Administration
- Development Statistics (With Specialization in Econometrics)
- Commerce & Business Management (Related to Research Areas of CESS)
Also See : Admission Notifications
CESS Hyderabad PhD Development Studies Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Application submission deadline: 15th August 2019
- Entrance test: 30th August 2019 from 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. at CESS
- Interview of shortlisted candidates: 31st August and 01st September 2019, 10.00 a.m. onwards at CESS
- Announcement of selection: 05th September 2019
- Last date for payment of fee: 12th September 2019
- Date of Joining: 16th September 2019
Academic Curriculum and Duration of the course
- The Program involves coursework for a year and a Ph.D. thesis. The coursework, spread over two semesters, comprises of courses on research methodology, development theory, quantitative techniques, contemporary debates in respective disciplines and a specialization course.
Total No. of seats
- 15 Seats (The Centre reserves the right not to fill all the seats if suitable candidates are not found); Statutory reservations will be followed as per Government of Telangana norms.
Eligibility Criteria for CESS Hyderabad PhD Development Studies Admission 2019
- Candidates who possess one of the following qualifications are eligible to apply.
- Post-Graduate Degree with at least 55 percent marks or its equivalent Grade [50 percent marks for SC/ST/ Differently-Abled categories] in the concerned subject from any recognized university.
- An MPhil Degree in the subject concerned from any recognized university.
- Candidates qualified in the National level tests in UGC-NET, for JRF, State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or Candidates in UGC – FDP (Faculty Development Programme) and Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship holders.
- The admissions are based on an Entrance Test in one of the above subjects and Interview for eligible candidates.
- Entrance test: An entrance test will be conducted by the Centre for admission to the Ph.D Programme. Candidates who qualify in the entrance examination shall be called for an interview which will be conducted by the Centre.
- Candidates are required to submit a research proposal of about 1500 words describing their research problem, objectives, tentative data sources and methodology of research along with their application.
- The medium of examination for the Entrance Test shall be English only.
- As per the UGC notification, the selection of candidates for the PhD program will be based on an entrance test (70% weightage) followed by interview (30% weightage) of candidates who qualify in the entrance test.
Entrance Test and Interviews
- The Entrance Test will be conducted on Sunday, the 30th August 2019 from 11.00 am to 01.00 p.m. at CESS. The interviews for short-listed candidates will be conducted at CESS on Saturday and Sunday, the 31st August and 01st September 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for Interview. Final selection will be based on the overall performance in Entrance Test and the Interview. The candidates are required to attend the Entrance Test and the interview at their own cost.
- Admission Fee Rs. 5,000/- One time
- Tuition Fees Rs. 25,000/- Per Annum
- Course Work Examination Fee Rs. 500/- Per Paper
- Registration Fee Rs. 5000/- One time
- Re-Registration Fee Rs. 5000/- One time
- Thesis Adjudication Fee Rs. 10000/-
CESS Hyderabad PhD Development Studies Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application forms and the guidelines can also be downloaded from the CESS website www.cess.ac.in
- Application fee: Application fee of Rs.1000/- as a DD from any nationalized banks only drawn in favour of “Director CESS”. Or may be paid at CESS at the time of submission of application. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Application form: Application form and the guidelines can be downloaded from the CESS website www.cess.ac.in or obtained by writing to email@example.com or by hand.
- Duly filled application form along with self-attested copies of the above documents should be sent to: “The Dean, Division of Graduate Studies, Centre For Economic and Social Studies, Nizamiah Observatory Campus, Begumpet, Hyderabad - 500016” on or before 15th August 2019.
- The Registration Fee is non-refundable. All updates relating to the admission process will be available on the website www.cess.ac.in
- All updates relating to the admission process will be available on the website www.cess.ac.in
Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Nizamiah Observatory Campus, Begumpet, Hyderabad–500016, Telangana State, Tel: 040 2340278, 23416780, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website www.cess.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India