TS EdCET 2019 - Telangana State Education CET 2019
Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (ED CET) 2019
Telangana State Ed CET 2019 Notification - A Common Entrance Test, designated as Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test-2019 (TSEd.CET-2019) will be conducted by the Convener, TS Ed. CET-2019, Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) for admission in to B.Ed. (Two years) Regular Course in the Colleges of Education in Telangana State for the academic year 2019-20
Telangana State Ed CET 2019 Details
- Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test through Computer Based Test (TS Ed.CET-2019 (CBT)) for the year 2019 will be conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Interested candidates can check all the details of TS Ed.CET-2019 (CBT), like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc from this page give below.
Telangana Ed CET 2019 Important Dates
- Application Process for TS Ed CET shall commence from 28th February 2019 on conclude on 10th April 2019 without any late fee
- TSCHE a detailed notification over Ed CET will be issued on 25th February 2019
- Date of TS Ed CET Exam will be held on 31st May 2019 (Two Slots - 11.00 am to 01.00 pm and 03.00 pm to 05.00 pm)
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application with Late Fee of Rs.500/- is 20th April 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application with Late Fee of Rs.1000/- is 30th April 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application with Late Fee of Rs.2000/- is 04th May 2019
- The Results will be declared on 15th June 2019
Also See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana Ed CET 2019
- Candidates satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for TSEd.CET-2019 (CBT) for admission to 2-year B.Ed. Course.
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates should satisfy Local/Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order 1974 as subsequently amended.
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for qualifying exam.
- In any Bachelor's Degree i.e., BA, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Sc (Home Science), BCA,BBM/BBA or in the Masters Degree, securing at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics With 55% aggregate marks or(c) Any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- However, for candidates belonging to the reserved categories Viz., SC/ ST/ BC and other reserved categories should have secured 40% Marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates possessing MBBS/ BSC (AG) / BVSC/ BHMT/ B.Pharm and such other professional and job oriented degree courses Viz., LLB are not eligible.
- Candidates possessing a Master Degree without having undertaken undergraduate study are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who are appearing for the final year degree exam shall also be eligible to appear for TS Ed.CET-2019.
- The candidates should have completed the age of 19 years on 01st July of the year in which notification is issued; there shall be no maximum age limit.
Eligibility Criteria for the Choice of Subjects:
- Mathematics: Candidate with BA/B.Sc/BE/B.Tech with mathematics as one of the subjects or BCA candidates with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject.
- Physical Sciences: Candidates with B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences as one of the subjects or BCA candidates with Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at intermediate level as group subject.
- Biological Sciences: Candidates with B.Sc/B.Sc (Home Sci) who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects or BCA candidates with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.
- Social Studies: All candidates with BA/B.Com/BBM or BCA candidates with Social Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.
- English: Candidates with BA Special English/BA English literature or MA English.
Also See: Teacher Eligibility Test Notification
TS Ed CET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The common entrance test will be of objective type (multiple choices) exam; candidate has to answer 150 questions in two hoursâ€™ time.
- Part A - General English - 25 questions for 25 marks
- Part B - (01) General Knowledge -15 questions for 15 marks (02) Teaching Aptitude-10 questions for 10 marks.
- Part C - Methodology: Candidate has to choose one of the following subjects. It consists of 100 questions for 100 marks.
- Mathematics -100 questions for 100 marks
- Physical Sciences: 100 questions for 100 marks
- Physics: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Chemistry: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Biological Sciences: 100 questions for 100 marks
- Botany: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Zoology: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Social Studies: 100 questions for 100 marks
- Geography: 35 questions for 35 marks
- History: 30 questions for 30 marks
- Civics: 15 questions for 15 marks
- Economics: 20 questions for 20 marks
- English: 100 questions for 100 marks
- Part-& Part-B is Common for all the candidates irrespective of Methodology chosen in Part-C
Medium of Entrance Test
- The question paper will be in English and Telugu except for English Methodology; however, candidates opting to write the Entrance Test in Urdu medium will be served with Urdu paper and such candidates shall opt Hyderabad Only as.
TS Ed CET 2019 Test Centres
- This year too, the Osmania University has been entrusted with the conduct of the entrance test by the Telangana State Council of Higher Education.
- The test will be conducted in 11 regional centres of which two are in Andhra Pradesh - Vijayawada and Kurnool.
- The qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for all candidates (except SC/ST) are 37 out of total marks (i.e. 25%); for the candidates belonging to SC/ST, communities there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
- There will be no minimum qualifying marks for women in Physical Sciences/Mathematics methodologies.
- Candidates will be ranked in each methodology in the order of merit on the basis of marks obtained in TSEd.CET-2019 exam.
- In case of candidates getting equal marks in each of the parts of the test paper, they shall be bracketed for the purpose of award of rank.
Telangana Ed CET 2019 Application Process
- For online submission, visit the website http://edcet.tsche.ac.in/
- A candidate has to pay Rs.650/- (For SC/ST Rs.450/- only) as Registration and Application Fee and Late Fee (as applicable) by opting any of the following two modes of payment:
- TS Online/AP Online/E-Seva/MeeSeva
- Debit/Credit Card
- After filling the online Application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press Submit button.
- Filled in the Online Application Form will be generated of which contains registration number along with filled in details. Take print out of filled in Online Application Form. Use the Registration number for future correspondence.
- The detailed information regarding the eligibility, syllabus, model paper, related instructions and procedure for online submission of applications are available on the website http://edcet.tsche.ac.in