Assam University MPhil PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Assam University announces MPhil PhD Admission 2019
Assam University MPhil PhD Admission 2019: Online applications in prescribed form are invited for admission to the M.Phil. / Ph.D. Courses of study in Assam University, Silchar H.Q. & Diphu Campus for the academic session commencing from January 2019
Assam University Silchar
- Assam University Silchar encourages applications from aspirants for Integrated Pre-PhD Course Work for registration to M.Phil. & PhD Programs (on successful completion of course work). MPhil Degrees and PhD Degrees are offered by the following departments of Assam University.
Also see : Phd Admissions
Departments Offering MPhil/PhD Courses (Silchar Campus)
- 1. Linguistics, 2. Bengali, 3. Hindi, 4. Manipuri, 5. Sanskrit, 6. English, 7. Arabic, 8. Economics, 9. Commerce, 10. Political Science, 11. History, 12. Sociology, 13. Mass Communication, 14. Education, 15. Philosophy, 16. Physics, 17. Mathematics, 18. Computer Science, 19. Life Science & Bioinformatics, 20. Microbiology, 21. Biotechnology, 22. Ecology and Environmental Science, 23. Indian Comparative Literature, 24. Earth Science, 25. French, 26. Social Work, 27. Visual Arts, 28. Chemistry, 29. Statistics, 30. Business Administration, 31. Law, 32. Agricultural Engineering, 33. Electronics and Communication Engineering, 34. Computer Science and Engineering.
Departments offering MPhil/PhD Courses (Diphu Campus)
- 1. History, 2. Commerce, 3. Physics, 4. Life Science & Bioinformatics, 5. Anthropology, 6. Political Science, 7. English, 8. Geography.
Also see : M.Phil Admission
Eligibility Criteria for Assam University MPhil PhD Admission 2019
For M.Phil. Program
- Candidates for admission to the M. Phil. Program shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master's degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized, by an authority established, recognised or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country empowered for assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Govt. of India (GOI) from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks. The candidates seeking admission against OBC quota must submit income certificate of the current financial year in support of his/ her belonging to OBC (NCL) category, from the appropriate authority.
For PhD Program
- Master's Degree holders satisfying the criteria stipulated under Eligibility Criteria for Admission to M. Phil. Program under point (1).
- Candidates who have cleared a four paper M.Phil. course work with at least 55 % marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' or those who have already completed the course work in M.Phil. as per the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degrees) Regulations, 2016 with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the prevalent AUS grading scale and successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree in an integrated programme in the University. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the GOI from time to time.
- The candidates seeking admission against OBC quota must submit income certificate of the current financial year in support of his/ her belonging to OBC (NCL) category, from the appropriate authority.
- A student of Assam University, whose M.Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending, may be admitted to the PhD Program of the University.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to the M. Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established, recognized or incorporated by law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country empowered for assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible.
- Reservation of seats for admission in respect of SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PwD candidates will be made as per Govt. of India.
Assam University MPhil PhD Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Candidates may apply online for the course(s) on payment of Rs.500/- (for General and OBC students) and Rs.300/- (for SC/ST/PWD students) through e-chalan/online. The weblink for the purpose shall be https://www.ausadmission.in.
- Website shall be active for application upto 07th January 2019 (05.00 PM). A help desk for filling up of online application is opened at the computer centre of Assam University for applicants not having access to internet connection.
- Interested candidate may apply up to a maximum of two courses either for MPhil and PhD Courses or only MPhil/PhD Program offered by allied departments. However, separate application should be submitted for each course with requisite application fees.
- For details of vacancy positions (availability of seats) candidates are advised to visit profile of the respective Academic Department published in the Admission Prospectus.
Assam University MPhil PhD Admission 2019 Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Admission Form to the Dept.: 07th January 2019
- Publishing List of Candidates, Eligible for Admission Test in University Website: 12th January 2019
- Date of Combined Research Test (C-RET) & Personal Interview: 17th January 2019 (11 AM to 01.00 PM)
- Publication of List of selected Candidates: 23rd January 2019
- Dates for Admission of Selected Candidates: 24th - 25th January 2019
- Commencement of Classes: 01st February 2019
Assam University, Silchar
Assam University, Silchar, Diphu Campus, Diphu, Karbi Anglong, Silchar-788011, (India), Tel.: +91-03842-270806, Website www.aus.ac.in
|Mangalayatan University PhD MPhil Admission 2019 - Apply Now|