Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore announces Admission to M.Sc Program 2022, Apply now
VIT MSc Admission 2022 – Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) Vellore invites applications for admission to 2-years M.Sc Program in various disciplines for the academic session 2022.
Check out the details on VIT MSc Admission 2022 such as eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, etc. from the page below.
Program offered in
School of Bio-sciences and Technology (SBST):
- M.Sc. Applied Microbiology
- M.Sc. Biomedical Genetics
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
School of Advanced Sciences (SAS):
- M.Sc. Business Statistics
- M.Sc. Data Science
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Physics
VIT MSc Admission Dates 2022
- Last date of Submission of Online Application: 20th May 2022 (Friday)
- Last date to Upload Documents: 20th May 2022 (Friday)
- Publication of Short Listed Candidates (Tentative): 8th June 2022 (Wednesday)
- Choice preference (Campus and Programme): 23rd & 24th June 2022 (Thursday & Friday)
- Seat Allotment: 27th June 2022 (Monday)
- Last Date of Tuition Fee Payment: 04th July 2022 (Monday)
- Commencement of Classes (Tentative): TBA
VIT MSc Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- Candidate should be a Resident Indian National.
- M.Sc.Applied Microbiology / M.Sc. Biomedical Genetics (Optional specialization in Genetic Counseling) / M.Sc.Biotechnology : B.Sc.degree from a recognized university in any branch of Biological Science that includes Botany / Zoology, Microbiology / Biochemistry/Biotechnology / Nutrition (or) Home Science / Agricultural Science /Medicine with an 60% of marks (Inclusive of all subjects)
- M.Sc. Business Statistics : Under graduation in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Business/Commerce/ Economics/Engineering with 60% marks(Inclusive of all subjects) and should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in +2and degree level.
- M.Sc. Data Science : Under graduation in Mathematics/Computer Science/ Physics/ Statistics orUG Degree in Engineering or Technology in CSE/IT/ECE/EEE/E&I with an60% of marks (Inclusive of all subjects).
- M.Sc.Chemistry (with specialization in Analytical or Inorganic or Organic or General Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Chemistry) : B.Sc.degree in either Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Applied Science from any recognized university with Physics or Mathematics / B.Pharm (or) Biology/ Botany/Zoology as ancillary subjects with an 60%of marks (Inclusive of all subjects)
- M.Sc.Physics : B.Sc.degree from any recognized university with Physics / Applied Sciences with an 60% of marks (Inclusive of all subjects)
VIT MSc Admission Application Process 2022
- Candidates can apply online at https://vit.ac.in through Netbanking/Debit card/Credit card/Paytm mode.
- Enter into New applicant page and register yourself with required information
- Verify your registered email id and mobile number for the password received from VIT. (Keep this email id and password till the completion of the admissions)
- Upload your Photo and Sign image on the online application form
- To be assured that uploaded documents are clearly visible if not your applications will be rejected.
- Application Fee : Rs.600/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Net banking/Debit card/Credit card/Paytm mode
- Admission will be on the basis of the performance in the qualifying examination U.G. (or its equivalent).
- Candidates will be called for the counseling in the order of merit based on their U.G. marks.
- The fact that a candidate has qualified and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission to him/her. This depends upon the cut-off fixed on the merit list and the availability of seats.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website