Tripura University announces Admission to PhD Program through Research Eligibility Test (RET-2021)
Tripura University PhD Admission 2021 – Online applications are invited from Indian and International candidates for admission to the PhD Programmes through Research Eligibility Test (RET-2021) under different departments in the Faculties of Science and Arts & Commerce of Tripura University for the academic session 2021-22
PhD Programs Dept. /No. of Seats
- The details of the number of positions against each department are mentioned as under:
Faculty of Science No of Seats
Botany – 7
Chemical & polymer Engineering – 2
Chemistry – 5
Computer science & Engineering – 2
Electrical Engineering – 1
Electronics & Communication Engineering – 3
Forestry & Biodiversity – 3
Geography & Disaster Management – 6
Human Physiology – 6
Information Technology – 4
Library & Information Science – 2
Material science & Engineering – 3
Mathematics – 8
Microbiology – 9
Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics – 1
Physics – 4
Statistics – 1
Zoology – 4
Faculty of Arts & Commerce
Bengali – 3
Business Management – 7
Commerce – 6
Economics – 7
Education – 1
History – 7
Law – 1
Linguistics & Tribal Languages – 4
Philosophy – 4
Political Science – 10
Physical Education -6
Psychology – 2
Rural Studies – 1
Sanskrit – 3
Sociology – 1
Tribal Studies & Ethnics (CSSEIP) – 2
English – 2
Music – 1
Total – 139
Online Application Form duly filled in may be submitted – 26th February 2021
Last Date of Submission of Application Form is – 26th March 2021
Date of Written Exam for the RET will be held on – Notified later on
- Candidates holding a Master’s Degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the concerned subjects or allied subjects from any recognized University or Institute of National Importance are eligible to apply
- Candidates who have fulfilled all other essential requirements as mentioned above and have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF) Exams/ NET / SET / SLET / GATE and/or are Teacher Fellowship holders or have passed the M.Phil Exams or have worked in Tripura University in the capacity of a regular faculty for more than 1 year are not required to appear in the written test of RET exam.
- However, they will have to directly face Viva-Voce for Admission.
- Applicants should apply online only using Tripura University Website www.tripurauniv.in for admission to the PhD Programs through Research Eligibility Test (RET-2021)
- Duration of filling up of online application: From 26th February (midnight) to 26th March 2021 (midnight)
- An applicant will be required to upload his/her scanned photograph, proof of SC/ST/EWS/OBC-Central & Non Creamy layer/Students from Jammu & Kashmir certificate (if eligible) and PWD certificate (if eligible).
- The Application Fees will be as follows (for each program)
Fee for UR/EWS & OBC – Rs.800/- (Rupees eight hundred only).
Requisite Fee for SC/ST/PWD – Rs.600/- (Rupees six hundred only).
- Application shall be summarily rejected if payment is not made properly.
- Candidates qualified in the written entrance test being a part of the RET and others who are exempted from appearing at the written entrance test will be treated as candidates to appear at viva-voce program of 100 Marks in the concerned Department.
- The subject-wise merit list will be prepared by the concerned department on the basis of the result of viva-voce program
Displaying of Lists of eligible candidates
- The list of candidates eligible to appear in the RET-2021 program will be displayed in the Tripura University website.
- Applicants shall download their admit card from online portal (see general instruction)
Date of Exam
- The date of written examination for the Research Eligibility Test will be notified later on.
Written Exam of RET
- There will be written exam of 100 marks on the basis of Post-Graduate syllabus of the concerned subject of Tripura University.
- The qualifying marks for the entrance test will be 50%. There will be 40(forty) short questions of 2 (two) marks each and 4(four) questions of 5(five) marks for the written entrance test of RET.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website