Tripura University PhD Admission 2019 - Application, Eligibility, Dates
Tripura University announces PhD Programmes through Research Eligibility Test (RET-2019)
Tripura University PhD Admission 2019 – Online applications are invited from Indian and International candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programmes through Research Eligibility Test (RET-2019) under different departments in the Faculties of Science and Arts & Commerce of Tripura University for the academic session 2019-20.
See: PHD Admission 2019
PhD Programs Dept. /No. of Seats
- The details of the number of positions against each department are mentioned as under:
Faculty of Science
- Botany–09; Chemical & Polymer Engineering–03; Chemistry–14; Computer science & Engineering–02; Electrical Engineering–02; Electronics & Communication Engineering–02; Forestry & Biodiversity–06; Geography & Disaster Management–12; Human Physiology–07; Information Technology–03; Library & Information Science–02; Material science & Engineering–07; Mathematics–16; Microbiology–10; Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics–01; Pharmacy–02; Statistics–02; and Zoology – 05
Faculty of Arts & Commerce
- Bengali – 01; Business Management – 03; Commerce – 08; Economics – 12; English – 02; Fine Arts – 02; History – 16; Journalism & Mass Communication – 01; Kokborok – 01; Linguistics & Tribal Languages – 07; Philosophy – 04; Political Science – 12; Physical Education – 03; Psychology – 07; Rural Studies – 02; Sanskrit – 08; Sociology – 02; and Tribal Studies & Ethnics (CSSEIP) – 02
- Candidates holding a Master’s Degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the concerned subjects or allied subjects from any recognized University or Institute of National Importance are eligible to apply for admission into Ph.D. Programme.
- The candidates who have fulfilled all other essential requirements as mentioned above and have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF) Exams / NET / SET / SLET / GATE (for non-Engineering) / GPAT and / or are Teacher Fellowship holders or have passed the M.Phil Examinations shall not be required to appear in the entrance test.
- The candidate qualified in the written entrance test being a part of the RET and others who are exempted from appearing at the written entrance test will be treated as candidates to appear at viva-voce programme of 100 Marks in the concerned Department.
- The subject-wise merit list will be prepared by the concerned department on the basis of the result of viva-voce programme.
Displaying of Lists of eligible candidates
- The list of candidates eligible to appear in RET-2019 programme will be displayed in the Tripura University website.
- Applicants shall download their admit card from online portal (see general instruction)
Date of Exam
- The written examination for the Research Eligibility Test will be held on 16th September (Monday), 2019 from 12.00 noon to 3.00 P.M. The Viva-voce Exam will be held in the respective department on 16th -19 Sept. 2019 at 3.00 p.m. and onwards.
Written Exam of RET
- There will be written examination of 100 marks on the basis of Post-Graduate syllabus of the concerned subject of Tripura University.
- The qualifying marks for the entrance test will be 50%. There will be 40(forty) short questions of 2(two) marks each and 4(four) questions of 5(five) marks for the written entrance test of RET.
- Final list of selected candidates will be published on 24th September2019 and will be displayed in the university website www.tripurauniv.in
- Qualified candidates will be admitted in the relevant subjects depending on the number of availability of seats under the respective Ph.D. supervisors of a department.
- Note: Qualifying in RET does not entitle a candidate to get admission into the Ph.D. program
- Applicants should apply online only using Tripura University Website www.tripurauniv.in for admission to the PhD Programmes through Research Eligibility Test (RET-2019)
- Duration of filling up of online application – From 16th August 2019 (midnight) to 10th September 2019 (midnight).
- An applicant will be required to upload his/her scanned photograph, proof of SC/ST/EWS/OBC-Central & Non Creamy layer/Students from Jammu & Kashmir certificate (if eligible) and PWD certificate (if eligible).
- The Application Fees will be as follows (for each program)
- Requisite Fee for UR / EWS & OBC – Rs.800/- (Rupees eight hundred only).
- Requisite Fee for SC/ST/PWD – Rs.600/- (Rupees six hundred only).
- Application shall be summarily rejected, if payment is not made properly.
- For further information, contact the Co-ordinator, Students’ Admission Cell, Tripura University or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Application Form duly filled in may be submitted on or before: 10th September 2019 (midnight)
- Date of Written Exam for the RET will be held on: 16th September 2019 (Monday from 12.00 Noon to 3.00 PM
- The Viva-voce Exam will be held in the respective dept. on: 16th to 19th September 2019
- Result – Final List of selected candidates will be Published on 24th September 2019
- The PhD course work classes shall commence on the 30th September 2019
- Tripura University (A Central University), Suryamaninagar, Tripura(W), PIN: 799 022, India, Phone: +91 381 237 4801/4803/9002, Website www.tripurauniv.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India