Thapar University PhD Admission 2022 – Dates, Eligibility, Application and Selection Process
Thapar University PhD Admission 2022 – Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (Deemed to be University), Patiala invites applications for Admission to the PhD Program in the various Departments/Schools of the Institute for academic session 2022.
Aspirants can check the post below for details on Thapar University PhD Admission 2022 including important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process and more.
Thapar University PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Last date for receipt of completed application forms : June 30, 2022
Entrance Test to be conducted by TIET
- Biotechnology : July 06, 2022 09:00 AM
- Chemical Engineering : July 06, 2022 11:00 AM
- Computer Science and Engineering : July 06, 2022 09:00 AM
- Civil Engineering : July 06, 2022 01:00 PM
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering : July 06, 2022 01:00 PM
- Electronics & Communication Engineering : July 07, 2022 03:00 PM
- Mechanical Engineering : July 07, 2022 09:00 AM
- School of Physics & Materials Science : July 07, 2022 11:00 AM
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences : July 07, 2022 09:00 AM
- School of Mathematics : July 07, 2022 01:00 PM
- School of Energy and Environment : July 07, 2022 01:00 PM
- School of Chemistry & Biochemistry : July 07, 2022 03:00 PM
- Display of Result of Entrance Test : July 11, 2022
- Entrance test will be conducted offline (at Patiala) or online, depending upon the prevailing situation at that time.
- Date of interview for Ph.D. will be declared later on by the respective department/school.
Thapar University PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate seeking admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must have obtained M.E./M.Tech./ M.Phil./ MCA/ M.Sc./M.Com/ M.Pharma/ M.A./ M.B.A./ C.A. or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale or 60% (55% in case of SC/ST/Differently-Abled candidates) marks in aggregate where marks are awarded OR GATE/GPAT/NET(UGC/CSIR) qualified.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharma degree or equivalent with excellent academic record (minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10-point scale or 80% marks in aggregate) may be considered for admission.
- Relaxation in CGPA to 7.00 on a 10-point scale or in marks to 65% for the minimum eligibility conditions may be permitted for candidates with a B.E./B.Tech. degree or equivalent who have a minimum of 3 years of professional and/or research experience in the area in which the admission is sought.
Eligibility for Teaching Associateship
- Only those candidates will be considered for Teaching Associateship who are GATE/GPAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified. A candidate should have minimum CGPA of 6.0 (10-point Scale) or 60% marks in the qualifying exam.
- However, depending upon the teaching load requirement of a department/school, if GATE/GPAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified candidates are not available, PhD candidates who are not GATE/GPAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified may also be considered.
- Such candidates should have minimum CGPA of 7.0 (10-point Scale) or 70% marks in the qualifying exam to be eligible for Teaching Associateship. The candidate must have completed his/her course work (including Seminar).
- GATE 2022 Registration, Dates, Eligibility, Application form, Syllabus
- GPAT 2022 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
- Candidates seeking admission in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology shall fill up the online application form available on our website www.thapar.edu or https://admission.thapar.edu/
- The candidates are required to fill complete details in the online form.
- Application Fee : Rs. 1500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through the Payment Gateway (online mode) or Demand Draft (offline mode).
- Candidates shall be admitted on the basis of merit of Entrance Test and Interview to be conducted by the Institute.
- The candidates who secure a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in the written exam shall only be called for Interview. During the interview, a candidate is required to indicate the area of research.
- Entrance Test for Ph.D. programme shall be conducted OFFLINE.
- The Entrance Test shall contain 80 objective type questions. Duration of the Entrance Test will be 90 minutes.
- The total marks of the test will be 80.
- The test will be taken in the concerned subject area.
- Cut off marks in the entrance test will be 50% (45% for SC/ST) of the total marks.
- There will be no negative marking in the test.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website