Thapar University announces Admission to PhD Program for session 2021
Thapar University PhD Admission 2021 – Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala invites applications for Admission to the PhD Program in the following specializations of Engineering, Technology, Management and Sciences in the following Departments/Schools of the Institute for session 2021
The applications for the same can be submitted online till June 30, 2021.Aspirants can check the post below for details on Thapar University PhD Admission 2021 including important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process and more.
- TIET offers PhD program in almost all specializations of Engineering, Technology, Management and Sciences in the following Departments/Schools of the Institute
- Biotechnology: School of Physics & Materials Science
- Chemical Engineering: School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Computer Science and Engineering: School of Mathematics
- Civil Engineering: School of Energy and Environment
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering: School of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Thapar University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for receipt of completed online application forms: 30th June 2020
- PhD Entrance Test & Admission Schedule: Will be announced soon
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar University PhD Admission 2021
- A candidate seeking admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must have obtained M.E./M.Tech./M.Phil./MCA/M.Sc./M.Com/M.Pharma/M.A./M.B.A./C.A. or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale or 60% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded OR GATE/GPAT/NET(UGC/CSIR) qualified.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm degree or equivalent with excellent academic record (minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10-point scale or 80% marks in aggregate) may be considered for admission.
- Relaxation in CGPA to 7.00 on a 10-point scale or in marks to 65% for the minimum eligibility conditions may be permitted for candidates with a B.E./B.Tech. degree or equivalent who have a minimum of 3 years of professional and/or research experience in the area in which the admission is sought.
Eligibility for Teaching Associateship
- Only those candidates will be considered for Teaching Associateship who are GATE/GPAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified. A candidate should have a minimum CGPA of 6.0 (10-point Scale) or 60% marks in the qualifying exam.
- However, depending upon the teaching load requirement of a department/school, if GATE/GPAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified candidates are not available, PhD candidates who are not GATE/GPAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified may also be considered.
- A minimum CGPA of 7.0 (10-point Scale) or 70% marks in the qualifying exam to be eligible for Teaching Associateship. The candidate must have completed his/her course work (including Seminar).
Thapar University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates seeking admission in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology shall fill up the online application form available on our website www.thapar.edu.
- The candidates are required to fill complete details in the online form. Follow the process mentioned hereunder for filling up online application form:
- Step 1: Click on the “Apply Online” link on the home page of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology website www.thapar.edu.
- Step 2: You will reach the landing page of the online application form of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology where you will fill a small registration form and click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 3: Check your email for login credentials. Click on the link in the email to login directly into your profile.
- Step 4: Fill the complete form.
- Step 5: Pay the Application Fee through the Payment Gateway (online mode) or through Demand Draft (offline mode).
- Application Fee – Rs. 1500/-
- Mode of Payment – through the Payment Gateway (online mode) or Demand Draft (offline mode).
- Candidates shall be admitted on the basis of merit of Entrance Test and Interview to be conducted by the Institute.
- The candidates who secure a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in the written exam shall only be called for Interview. During the interview, a candidate is required to indicate the area of research.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website