Thapar University Patiala Phd Admission 2019-20, Application, Dates
Thapar University Patiala announces Admission to PhD Program 2019-20 (2nd Semester)
Thapar University PhD Admission 2019-20 - Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala has invited applications for Admission to the PhD Program in following specializations of Engineering, Technology, Management and Sciences in the following Departments/Schools of the Institute for session 2019-20 (Second Semester)
Aspirants can check below for all the detailed information about Thapar University PhD Admission 2019 including important dates, eligibility criteria, and more.
PhD Programs - Departments
- Biotechnology Department: Industrial Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology, Medical Biotechnology, Biopolymers, biofilms, MFCs, and Biosensors Agro-Biotechnology, Immunology and cancer biology, Plant Biotechnology, Bioremediation, Microbial concrete, Microbial Ecology, Food Technology, Food process, Plant Microbe Interaction, Tissue culture, Nano-biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering and Biomaterials, Bioinformatics, Areas of Animal Biotechnology Drug discovery and natural products.
- Chemical Engineering Department: Modeling and Simulation, Molecular Modeling, CFD Modelling, Catalysis, Environment Pollution, Polymers, Composites and Nanocomposites, Mass Transfer, Bio-Chemical Engineering, Heat Transfer, Nanofluids, Pulp and Paper, Energy Management, Membrane Separation
- Civil Engineering Department: Structural Engineering, Geo-technical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management and Computer Aided Design, Water Resource Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering Department: Parallel and Distributed Computing, Software Engineering, Network and Information Security, Soft Computing, Wireless and Sensor Networks, Theoretical Computer Science
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering Department: Optimal Power System Operation, Electric Drives, Application of FACTS, Power Electronics, Process Control & Instrumentation, Artificial Intelligence Applications, Biomedical Instrumentation, Embedded systems, Virtual Instrumentation, Control System
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Department: RF Devices, Antennas and Microwave integrated circuits, solid State & thin films, Digital Signal processing; VLSI, Wireless Communication, Optical Communication, Opto Electronics
- Mechanical Engineering Department: Fluid and Thermal, Heat Transfer, IC Engines, Particle and Bulk Solids Technologies, Energy Conservation and Management, Energy Conversion Systems, MR Fluids, Nano-fluids, Biomass Gasification, Nano-fluids, Two-phase Flow, Solar Energy, Biomass Gasification, Tribology, Bearings & Lubrication, Computer Aided Analysis & Design, Flexible Manipulators, Finite Element Analysis, Industrial Engineering, Robotics and Vehicle Dynamics, Modelling of Multibody Systems, Control of Under-actuated Systems, Mechanics of Composite Structures, Fluid Mechanics, Technology Management, Materials and Metallurgy, Manufacturing/Production Engineering, Vibration, Rotor Dynamics, Acoustics and Aeroacoustics, Flexible and Redundant Manipulators, Medical and Surgical Robots, Applied Optimization, Micro-machining, Exo-skeleton, Magnetic Assisted Nano-finishing, Advanced Manufacturing Processes. Electronics, Process Control & Instrumentation, Artificial Intelligence Applications, Biomedical Instrumentation, Embedded systems, Virtual Instrumentation, Control System
- LM Thapar School of Management: Finance, Marketing, Information Systems, OB & HR, International Management and (add) Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (add), Operations, Behavioral Decision Science, Quantitative Culture Studies (delete), Academic & Corporate Leadership (delete), Energy and Sustainability, Education Management and Leadership (add)
- School of Chemistry & Biochemistry: Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Photocatalysis, Nanomaterials, Biophysical Chemistry, Bio-Catalysis, Computational Chemistry, Immunology, Drug Design and Drug Delivery, Parasitology.
- School of Energy and Environment: Environmental Technology & Management, Environmental Engineering, and Bioremediation, Air Quality monitoring & modelling, Bioenergy and solid waste Management.
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences: Industrial Management, Business Economics, Intellectual Property Rights, E-Business, Finance, Organizational Behavior, Cognitive & Experimental Psychology, Counselling and Clinical Psychology
- School of Mathematics: Algebra; Astrophysics; Computational Fluid dynamics; Differential Equations; Fourier Analysis; Functional Analysis; fuzzy sets; Nonlinear analysis; Fluid Dynamics, MHD, Number Theory; Operations Research; Reliability; Soft computing; Theory of Elasticity; Wavelet Analysis; turbulence and complex systems (theoretical and computational approaches)
- School of Physics & Materials Science: Solid State Physics, Materials Science, Nano Science, Liquid Crystal, Electro ceramics Smart Materials, Magnetic Material, Condensed Matter Physics, Nuclear Physics, Functional Materials, Energy Materials, Metals and Alloys, composites and Polymers, Nonlinear Optics, Thin Film Solar cell, Computational Soft Condensed Matter Physics.
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar University PhD Admission 2019-20
- A candidate seeking admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must have obtained M.E./M.Tech./M.Phil./MCA/M.Sc./M.Com/M.Pharma/M.A./M.B.A./C.A. or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded OR GATE/GPAT/NET(UGC/CSIR) qualified.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm degree or equivalent with excellent academic record (minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10-point scale or 80% marks in aggregate) may be considered for admission. Relaxation in CGPA to 7.00 on a 10-point scale or in marks to 65% for the minimum eligibility conditions may be permitted for candidates with a B.E./B.Tech. degree or equivalent who have a minimum of 3 years of professional and/or research experience in the area in which the admission is sought.
- Part-time studies leading to a PhD degree are permitted for TIET employees only with the prior approval. Part-time studies leading to PhD shall also be permitted to persons working in Institutions with which a Memorandum of Understanding has been signed for research purposes. Such a candidate must be in employment at the time of admission and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought.
- Admission of a Ph.D. candidate in a Department/School other than his/her basic background: Suitability of a candidate is the purview of admission committee, if a candidate qualifies the test and interview then he/she should be allowed to pursue Ph.D. Programme.
- Candidates shall be admitted on the basis of merit of Entrance Test and Interview to be conducted by the Institute. The candidates who secure minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in the written exam shall only be called for Interview.
- During an interview, a candidate is required to indicate area of research.
- Relaxation for appearing in the entrance test will be given by the institute to those candidates who have qualified NET (UGC/CSIR) or GATE/GPAT (GATE/GPAT score should be valid at the time of admission).
- The student shall submit his/her thesis to the Registrar within five years but not earlier than 2.5 years in case of regular and 3.5 years in case of part time student from the date of his/her admission.
- Teaching Associateship are allocated to each Department/School depending upon their teaching load requirement. 80 Teaching Associateships shall be given every year to regular Ph.D. students
- At any stage, maximum 240 Teaching Associateships shall be given to all the Ph.D. students on roll
Emoluments of Associateship
- Emoluments for Teaching Associateship will be Rs.25,000/- for GATE/GPAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified candidates. Emoluments for Teaching Associateship will be Rs.18,000/- for candidates who are not GATE/GPAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) qualified
- In addition to this, NET (UGC/CSIR) or GATE/GPAT (GATE/GPAT score should be valid at the time of admission) qualified candidates will also be given half tuition fee waiver”
Thapar University PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- The online application form is available on www.thapar.edu
- All applications along with attested copies of certificates must be sent to In-charge Admission Cell’ Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (Punjab)-147004
Application Fee is paid through Demand Draft
- Please send one of the printouts by attaching DD of required amount as mentioned in filled online Application Form/Prospectus (in favour of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology and payable at Patiala)
- In case, application fee paid through DD then Application from along with DD should reach In-charge Admission Cell’ Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (Punjab)-147004 on or before the prescribed last date Candidates are advised to regularly browse www.thapar.edu for information/instructions regarding admission.
Thapar University PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Last Date for receipt of Completed Application Forms 03rd December 2019
- OFFLINE Tests to be conducted by TIET 09th December 2019
- Venue of Offline Entrance Test: Patiala
- Display of Result of Entrance Test: 12th December 2019
- Date of interview for PhD: 16th & 17th December 2019
Patiala (Punjab)-147004, P.O. Box 32, Bhadson Road, Patiala, Punjab, Pin -147004, India, Tel. +91-175-2393021, 0120-3371440, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org website www.thapar.edu
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India