TATA Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai announce Admission to PhD Program 2021
TISS Mumbai PhD Admission 2021 – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for admission to PhD Programmes for the academic year 2021 with the various Schools and Independent Centres of the Institute across TISS Mumbai, Guwahati, Hyderabad and Tuljapur Campuses.
Candidates can check registration details, eligibility criteria, fee for TISS Mumbai PhD Admission 2021 on this page below:
- PhD inEducation – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Development Studies – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Habitat Studies – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Health Systems Studies – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Human Ecology – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Management and Labour Studies – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Social Work – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Disaster Studies – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Education – Mumbai Campus
- PhD in Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policies – Mumbai Campus
- Ph. D. in Social Sciences – Hyderabad Campus
- Ph. D. in Women’s Studies – Hyderabad Campus
- Ph.D. Programme in Education – Hyderabad Campus
- Ph.D. programme in Rural Development – Tuljapur Campus
TISS Mumbai PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
Start Date of Online Application Form – 23rd January 2021
Last Date of submission of Online Application Form – 25th February 2021
Shortlisting of Candidates for RAT 2021 on the Website – To be announced
Date of Research Aptitude Test 2021 – To be announced
Shortlisted Candidates for OPI 2021 Date – To be announced
Date of Personal Interviews 2021 – To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for TISS Mumbai PhD Admission 2021
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to the M.Phil. & Ph.D programs is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55% of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven-point scale of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- In the case of SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 45% of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 2.50.
- Candidates who are likely to complete all the requirements of their final year Master’s Degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M.Phil, provided they have successfully completed their first year Master’s degree.
- In such cases, admission will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student successfully completes the admission formalities such as clearing the Research Aptitude Test, but fails to score the minimum required mark/grade at the end of the final year examination of his/her Master’s degree, the offer of provisional admission will be automatically cancelled.
- Work Experience – A minimum of five years of post graduation work experience is required for PhD programmes. In case of the M.Phil. Programme, there is no requirement of work experience. However, candidates with one to two years of work experience, will be preferred.
- Research Proposal – Submission of a research proposal is a compulsory requirement for admission to the M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programme. A research proposal consisting of approximately 1,000 words should accompany the proposal and indicate the Specification of the broad field of study, Statement of the research problem and scope and objectives of the study, rationale for and the significance of the study, methodology to be followed, references, and the candidate’s research/work experience in that area, if any.
TISS Mumbai PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website https://admissions.tiss.edu/
- Candidates are requested to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates found ineligible will be rejected at any stage in the admission process and no grievances will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates seeking admission to the PhD 2021 programme are required to submit an online application on or before 25th February 2021.
Applying for 1 Program
For General applicants – Rs. 1535/-
For SC/ST/OBC (NC) applicants – Rs. 410/-
Applying for 2 Program
For General applicants – Rs. 3070/-
For SC/ST/OBC (NC) applicants – Rs. 820/-
Mode of Payment – Online Through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- Selection will be based on Research Aptitude Test & Personal Interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website