TISS Mumbai MPhil and PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
TATA Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai notifies Admission to Phil and PhD Program 2020
TISS Mumbai MPhil and PhD Admission 2020 - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for admission to M.Phil-PhD and Direct PhD Programs for the academic year 2020 with the various Schools and Independent Centres of the Institute across TISS Mumbai, Guwahati, Hyderabad and Tuljapur Campuses.
Number of Seats
Research Areas Mumbai Campus - No. of seats
- Habitat Studies – (M. Phil.-5 Seats); (PhD-2 Seats)
- Public Health & Health Services Management – (M. Phil.-10 Seats); (PhD-8 Seats)
- Management and Labour Studies – (M. Phil.-10 Seats); (PhD-2 Seats)
- Social Work – (M. Phil.-15 Seats); (PhD-15 Seats)
- School of Human Ecology (Applied Psychology) – (M. Phil.-8 Seats); PhD-3 Seats
- Women's Studies – (M. Phil.-10 Seats)
- Development Studies – (M. Phil.-15 Seats); (PhD-2 Seats)
- Social Sciences (to be anchored by School of Research Methodology) – (M. Phil.-8 Seats)
- Inclusive Development and Social Justice – (M. Phil.-10 Seats)
- Social Sciences with Specialisation in Sociology of Education – (M. Phil.-6 Seats)
- Education – (M. Phil.-10 Seats); (PhD-2 Seats)
- Psychiatric Social Work (to be anchored by School of Social Work) - M. Phil-8 Seats
- Disaster Studies - M. Phil.-6 Seats; PhD-3 Seats
Research Areas Tuljapur Campus - No. of seats
- Rural Development - (MPhil-10 Seats)
Research Areas Hyderabad Campus - No. of seats
- Social Sciences - (Ph. D.-6 Seats)
Research Areas Guwahati Campus - No. of seats
- Social Sciences - (MPhil-16 Seats)
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
TISS Mumbai MPhil and PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date of submission of Application Form:10th January 2020 by 6.00 p.m.
- Announcement of shortlisted Candidates for RAT: 20th January 2020 by 9.00 p.m.
- Research Aptitude Test (RAT): 14th February 2020, 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm
- Venue: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati
- Announcement of candidates invited for Personal Interview (PI): To Be Decided
- Personal Interview: Hyderabad Campus: To Be Decided
- Personal Interview: Tuljapur Campus: To Be Decided
- Personal Interview: Mumbai Campus: To Be Decided
- Personal Interview: Guwahati Campus: To Be Decided
- Announcement of selected candidates (all campuses): First Week of May 2020
Eligibility Criteria for TISS Mumbai MPhil and PhD Admission 2020
- Applicants will be shortlisted for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) on the basis of them meeting the following considerations with regard to educational qualifications, work experience and research proposal:
- Educational Qualifications: The minimum academic qualification for admission to the M.Phil. & Ph.D programmes is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 percent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven-point scale of the University Grants Commission (UGC). In the case of SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 45 percent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 2.50.
- Candidates who are likely to complete all the requirements of their final year Master’s Degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M.Phil, provided they have successfully completed their first year Master's degree. In such cases, admission will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student successfully completes the admission formalities such as clearing the Research Aptitude Test, but fails to score the minimum required mark/grade at the end of the final year examination of his/her Master’s degree, the offer of provisional admission will be automatically cancelled.
- A minimum of five years of post graduation work experience is required for PhD programmes. In case of the M.Phil. Programme, there is no requirement of work experience. However, candidates with one to two years of work experience, will be preferred.
- Submission of a research proposal is a compulsory requirement for admission to the M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programme. A research proposal consisting of approximately 1,000 words should accompany the proposal and indicate the Specification of the broad field of study, Statement of the research problem and scope and objectives of the study, rationale for and the significance of the study, methodology to be followed, references, and the candidate’s research/work experience in that area, if any.
TISS Mumbai MPhil and PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- A candidate may apply for a maximum of two programmes from among the different programmes offered at TISS Mumbai, Hyderabad and Tuljapur campuses.
- Candidates can apply for two programmes within one or across more than one campus. The Research Aptitude Test (RAT) can be taken at any one of the chosen campuses on 14th February 2020. The RAT score is valid across campuses and across two choices.
- Candidates who apply for more than one campus, if shortlisted, have to travel for Personal interview to both the campuses on designated dates given in this brochure.
Application Fee Payment
- Applying for 1 Program: General Rs.1535/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) - Rs.410/-
- Applying for 2 Program: General Rs.3070/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) - Rs.820/-
Mode of Payment
- Online Payment by Net banking for General Rs.1535/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) - Rs.410/-
- Cash Deposit Payment: General Rs.1500 + Bank Charges
- Applying for 1 Program: Online Payment by Net banking for General Rs.1535/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) - Rs.410/-
- Applying for 2 Program: Online Payment by Net banking for General Rs.3070/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) - Rs.820/-
- Applying for 1 Program (Cash Deposit) Payment: General Rs.1500/- + Bank Charges
- Applying for 2 Program (Cash Deposit) Payment: General Rs.3000/- + Bank Charges
- Notes: (i) In case of payment by cash deposit in an SBI branch, please note that the SBI will charge Rs.50/- as their processing fee for each deposit, which cannot be adjusted against the application fee
- Candidates can choose the mode of payment of the application fees (Credit card, Debit card or net banking)
- Candidates facing genuine technical issues/having difficulty in accessing the online application, may write to email@example.com mentioning their name, contact details and a clear description of the problem being faced or may call 022-25525252
For more details visit the TISS website: www.tiss.edu
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, TISS, Mumbai, V.N. Purav Marg Deonar, Mumbai-400088, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.tiss.edu