Tamil Nadu Agricultural University BSc BTech Admission 2018
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Admission to B.Sc B.Tech Programs 2018
TNAU BSc BTech Admission 2018 - Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) and B.S. Agri-Business Management Programs for the academic year 2018-19
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), a century old premier institution providing Agriculture education in India is ranked first among all State Agricultural Universities and 17 among all Indian Universities by NIRF of MHRD, Govt. of India
Also See : Admission Notification
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Courses Offered
At present, TNAU is offering the following 13 Undergraduate Degree Programs of four-year duration (eight semesters).
Agricultural Science Programs
- B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Sciences, Nutrition & Dietetics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Sericulture
Agricultural Technology Programs
- B. Tech (Agricultural Engineering)
- B. Tech (Horticulture)
- B. Tech (Biotechnology)
- B. Tech (Food Technology)
- B. Tech (Energy and Environmental Engineering)
- B. Tech (Bioinformatics)
- B.S (Agribusiness Management)
- B. Tech (Agricultural Information Technology)
TNOU Admission 2018 Important Dates
- Opening of Online Application 18th May 2018
- Last date for online application: 17th June 2018
- Document Verification for Special Reservations 18th June 2018 to 20th June 2018
- Publication of Rank List: 22nd June 2018
- Counseling for Sports, Ex-servicemen and Decedents of freedom fighter and Differently abled quota: 7th July 2018
- I Phase Counseling: 9th July - 13th July 2018
- Counseling for vocational stream: 16th July 2018
- Counseling for NRI and Industry sponsorship quota: 17th & 18th July 2018
- Registration for I semester 1st August 2018
- Closure of Admission 31st August 2018
TNOU Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have passed all the subjects in academic stream of the qualifying examination with 10+2 years of schooling under Board of Higher Secondary Education of Government of Tamil Nadu/ CBSE/ ICSE/other State Government Boards/other International Boards that are recognized are eligible to apply.
- No. of Attempts to Pass: The maximum number of permissible attempts to pass in the qualifying exam is as follows: (i) SC/ST-03 (ii) All other Communities-02.
- Age Limit: Candidates should not have completed the age of 21 years on the first day of 01st July 2018 of the admission year (i.e. on 01st July 2018); however, for SC - Arunthathiars (SCA) and ST there is no age limit.
- Nativity: Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity only will be considered for admission; however, candidates who have studied X, XII Standards in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission, on proof of having studied X, XI, XII Std. in Schools located at Tamil Nadu.
- The reservation categories viz., A, B, C and D (as shown below) are mutually exclusive and a candidate can opt for only one reservation category though the candidate may be eligible under more than one category.
TNOU Admission 2018 Selection Procedure
- Application is common for all the degree programs and candidates can choose the program against vacancy at counseling
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit based on the marks in their qualifying examination and ranked as per the procedure
- Single Window counseling system is being followed for all degree programs and campus allotment
- Separate counseling will be held for academic and vocational stream candidates. Candidates are called for counseling in the order of merit. Based on the merit and communal reservation, allotment of the degree and college chosen by the candidate will be made
- Candidates have to opt for a degree program and campus that are available at the time of counselling
TNOU Admission 2018 Application Procedure
- Application are to submitted online at the link www.tnau.ac.in
- Application Fee of Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC/SCA/ST including Bank charge of Rs.25/-) should be paid to TNAU-Power Jyoti Account at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) by showing the printed challan copy at the bank counter.
- Enclose the TNAU copy of the SBI TNAU-Power Jyoti account Payment slip along with the filled in online application. Send the same with relevant enclosures to "The Dean (Agriculture) & Chairman, Admissions, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641003"
- Note: Application to TNAU is mandatory for all candidates applying for TNAU counseling as well as applying for Management Quota in Private Agricultural/Horticultural Colleges affiliated to TNAU
For more info visit www.tnau.ac.in/admissions.html
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore
Agricultural Colleges and Research Institute, Coimbatore-641003 (Tamil Nadu), Ph.: 0422-6611210, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.tnau.ac.in (Help desk No.: +91-422-6611345 or +91-422-6611346)
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!