Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences PhD Admission 2019 - Application, Dates
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Tirupati PhD Admission 2019
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Tirupati PhD Admission 2019 - Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS) Tirupati invites Applications from eligible candidates for admission into PhD in the following specialities Cardiology, Medicine, Nephrology, Physiology, Physiotherapy & Radiotherapy for the academic year 2019-20.
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Tirupati, established in the year 1993, under the aegis of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, as a modern super speciality hospital, was granted the status of a university in the year 1995 by an act of A.P. state legislature vide act no.12 of 1995
See: PHD Admission 2019
Duration of Course
- The minimum period for completion of PhD will be three years from the date of registration. The date of joining will be considered as date of provisional registration
- Maximum duration of the course will ordinarily be five years
Medium of Instruction: English
- Residential facility will be provided to women students only, subject to availability
- The various Broad/Super specialty Departments existing in the institute are
- Anaesthesiology; Microbiology; Anatomy; Nuclear medicine; Biochemistry; Obstetrics & Gynecology; Community Medicine; Ophthalmology Emergency Medicine; Oto-Rhino-Laryngology; Dental Surgery; Paediatrics; Dermatology; Pathology; Forensic Medicine; Pharmacology; General Surgery; Physiology; Haematology; Psychiatry; Transfusion Medicine; Radio Diagnosis; Medicine; Radiotherapy; TB & Respiratory Medicine
- Cardiology; Neurosurgery; Cardiothoracic Surgery; Surgical Gastroenterology; Endocrinology & Metabolism; Surgical oncology; Medical Oncology; Medical Gastroenterology; Nephrology; Genito Urinary Surgery (Urology); Neurology; Rheumatology
- The constituent colleges are:
- SVIMS, Sri Padmavathi Medical College for Women (SPMC-W): The College was permitted by the Govt. of India during 2014-15 academic year to admit MBBS students with 150 annual intakes
- The admission process will be carried by Dr. NTR UHS, Vijayawada.
- College of Nursing: The College of Nursing, established in the year 1996 is offering B.Sc Nursing with intake of 100 and M.Sc. Nursing with intake of 30 students per annum. Both the programs are recognized by the Indian Nursing Council
- College of Physiotherapy: The College of Physiotherapy, established in the year 1998 is offering BPT with intake of 50 students and MPT with intake of 15 students per annum
- Candidates with MD/MS, DM/MCh or M.Sc. (Medical), or equivalent Master’s degree awarded by a University & recognized by SVIMS are eligible to register for PhD course under Faculty of Medicine/Allied Health Sciences. Candidates with Master’s degree in life sciences/allied health sciences awarded by a University & recognized by SVIMS are eligible to register for PhD course under Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Candidates with a PG degree in Physiotherapy i.e., MPT degree awarded by this University or a Master’s degree in Physiotherapy considered as equivalent to MPT by SVIMS University, M.Sc. in Nursing degree awarded by this University or a University recognized by INC or a P.G. degree in Nursing considered as equivalent to MSc, by SVIMS are eligible for enrolment in PhD courses under the Faculty of Paramedical Sciences
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% (aggregate of second and/or third year marks for medical courses). However, a concession of 5% marks is allowed to SC/ST candidates. For MD/MS candidates, the decision of the selection committee appointed by the Director-cum-VC is final
- Candidates with MD/MS, DM/MCh degrees who are themselves acting as chief guides cannot apply
- Post graduate degrees awarded by distance education will not be considered
- For admission to full time PhD as regular candidates, the age of the candidate should be below 45 years as on 01st July 2019
- Production of a concurrence certificate from the Principal Investigator/Head of the department (Form A) and
- An undertaking that he/she will not claim any extension of the tenure of the post or any other benefit whatsoever, linking the claim to his/her registration and pursuance of PhD program (Form B)
- The applications should be complete in all respects. Those applications which are incomplete shall be summarily rejected and the decision of the selection committee shall be final.
- The selection will be made by the committee based on written test and / or interview. The final selection list will be notified and will be communicated to the successful candidates
- The selected candidates are required to deposit their fees and undergo medical examination before joining the course. The selected candidates must join within 30 days of the date of communication of the result to him/her
- For Prospectus and other details visit our website http://svimstp.ap.nic.in
- Application form and prospectus can be downloaded from the SVIMS website and can be submitted with necessary documents along with DD for Rs.1500/- for OC/BC & Rs.1000/- for SC/ST candidates drawn from a Nationalized Bank in favour of the “Director, SVIMS, Tirupati. Bank Challans, Cheques, Postal Orders and Money Orders will not be accepted
- The filled-in application form along with the photocopies of the following certificates should reach the Registrar, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati-517507 on or before the last date specified in the application
- Last Date for Submission of filled in Application with enclosures: 31st August 2019
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University
Dr. Y.S.R. Bhavan, Tirupati - 517 502, Telephone 0877 – 2248155, Fax: 0877 – 2249222, Website www.svvu.edu.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India