Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute PGD Admission 2020
SRFTI JET 2020 - Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute Joint Entrance Test
SRFTI JET 2020 - Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI), Kolkata, the premiere centre for cinematic learning has released the admission notification for its following Post Graduate Diploma Programmes for session 2020
JET 2020 Details
- Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata (SRFTI) and, Film and Television Institute of India, Pune (FTII,) both, leading educational institutions in the art and craft of film making and television production, need to go through a multi-stage selection process
- The First Stage in this selection process is an All India Level written examination called as the Joint Entrance Test, 2020 (JET 2020). The JET 2020 scores are not allowed to be used by any other institute except the participating institutes i.e., SRFTI and FTII.
- JET 2020 is a written test of three hours’ duration consisting of objective type and subjective questions and will be conducted in 27 cities across India. Based on the JET 2020 score of the candidates, SRFTI and FTII will send call letters to the candidates for the Second Stage of the selection process and thereafter, on successful accomplishment of all the requisites, finally admit students in their full time regular programmes for the academic year 2020.
- JET 2020 is a prerequisite for admission to any of the Programs of FTII and SRFTI. These programs are:
Programmes under the Film Wing Group
3 year Post Graduate Diploma Courses
- Direction & Screenplay Writing
- Sound Recording & Design
- Producing for Film & Television
- Art Direction & Production Design
- Animation Cinema
2 year Post Graduate Diploma Courses
1 Year Post Graduate Certificate Course
- Feature film Screenplay Writing
- The following Post Graduate Diploma Programs offered by film wing of FTII, Pune: Direction & Screenplay Writing, Sound Recording & Sound design, Editing, Cinematography, Art Direction & Production Design and Acting are considered equivalent to a Master's Degree Awarded by Indian Universities.
- Online Application Form for JET 2020 will be Available from 08th December 2019
- Last Date of Application Form: 24th January 2020 (Upto 17:00 Hrs)
- Release of e-admit Cards: 05th February 2020
- Written Entrance Test (JET): 15 & 16th February 2020 (Saturday /Sunday)
- Declaration of Results of Written Exam: 03rd week of May 2020
Also See : FTII Entrance Exam Syllabus
Courses under the Film Wing Group
- The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for application for all courses (except Sound Recording & Sound Design and Art Direction & Production Design) in film wing group is Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. For Sound Recording & Sound Design and Art Direction & Production Design, the eligibility is as under:
- Sound Recording & Sound Design: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Physics as a subject at senior secondary (10+2) level
- Art Direction & Production Design: Bachelor’s degree in applied arts, architecture, painting, sculpture, interior design or related fields in fine arts or equivalent diploma from a recognized institute in any of the above
Courses under the TV Wing Group
- The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for application for all courses (except Sound Recording & Television Engineering and Sound for Electronic & Digital Media) in TV wing group is Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. For Sound Recording & Television Engineering and Sound for Electronic & Digital Media, the eligibility is as under:
- Sound Recording & Television Engineering/Sound for Electronic and Digital Media: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Physics as a subject at senior secondary (10+2) level. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree, and awaiting results, can also apply for JET 2020
- The admission process consists of the nationally administered Joint Entrance Test (JET), and subsequent rounds of Orientation/Interview. The students are selected on the basis of their JET scores, and performance in the orientation & interviews.
- Please refer https://applyadmission.net/jet2020 for JET 2020
- Candidates should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by both institutes.
- On the basis of performance in JET-2020, the list of candidates shortlisted for the next level of selection will be made available on the website of the Institute. The institute will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. However, the candidates willing to study in SRFTI may have to register themselves separately for the Orientation/Interview course.
- Please note that each Institute i.e. FTII and SRFTI is independent to mandate their own eligibility criteria (including academic cut-offs and relative weights) and follow different evaluation procedure, post the JET 2020 selection process.
- Performance in JET 2020 exam is an important component for consideration in the selection process.
Scheme of Written Exam
- The examination will be of 3 hours’ duration.
- Examination of all film wing courses, i.e. Paper Nos. 1 to 9, will be conducted in the morning session (3 hours, 100 marks).
- Similarly, examination for all the TV wing courses (FTII) and EDM courses (SRFTI) i.e. Paper Nos. 10 to 15 will be conducted in the afternoon session. (3 hours, 100 marks).
- Each Question Paper will consist of maximum 100 marks, which will be further subdivided into 30 marks for Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 70 marks for Descriptive Answers.
- The answers for Multiple Choice Questions will have to be marked on OMR sheet(s) provided to the candidate.
- NOTE: A candidate is allowed to apply for only one course in the Film Wing group and only one course from the Television (FTII) / Electronic and Digital Media (SRFTI) group.
- JET will be conducted in centres spread across around 27 test cities. Details about the test centres in these test cities will be available on this website from 05th February 2020 and the name of the test centre will be indicated in the Admit Card.
- The Institutes reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre / city and/or change the test time and date at its own discretion.
- Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of JET 2020 will be required to undergo Medical test as per the selection criteria of both institutes which will be conducted by the Medical Officer(s) appointed by the respective institutes.
JET 2020 Score
- Candidates' JET 2020 score card will be made accessible on the JET website. JET 2020 score is valid only till 31st December 2020 and will accordingly be accessible on the website.
- Thereafter, no queries(online/offline) related to issuance of JET 2020 score cards will be entertained.
- As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, 27% of seats for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
- As defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016), “person with benchmark disability” means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority
- Candidates belonging to the PwD categories are further required to refer to the prospectuses of participating institutes and note the eligibility requirements carefully before applying.
- The registration window opens on 08th December 2019 and will close at 05:00 p.m. on 24th January 2020. The details will be available in the registration guide on the JET website https://applyadmission.net/jet2020/
- At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any two test cities as per their preference from the drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the 2 preferred cities. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted a nearby city.
- NOTE: Admit cards will not be sent by post
- JET Website - https://applyadmission.net/jet2020/
- FTII Website - https://ftiindia.com/
- SRFTI Website - https://srfti.ac.in/
Payment of Registration Fee
- The JET Registration Fee shall be accepted through online modes of payment i.e. Debit Card/Credit Card only.
- Any one Course i.e. under group A/B/C Rs.4000/- and SC/ST/PwD - Rs.1250/-
- For two courses (one subject from each group) A & B or B & C or C & A Rs.8000/- (Rs.4000+4000) and SC/ST/PwD - Rs.2500/- (1250 + 1250)
- Three courses (one subject from each group) A, B & C Rs.10000/- (4000 + 4000 + 2000) and SC/ST/PwD - Rs.3125/- (1250 + 1250 + 625)
- Please note that for the courses which are offered by both Institutes, a candidate needs to pay registration fee only once, and he/she will be considered for admission to both Institutes.
Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata
(An Academic Institute under Ministry of Information & Broadcasting Govt. of India), SRFTI, E Bypass Road, P.O., Panchasayar, Kolkata-700094, Ph No.: 033-24328355, Email: email@example.com, Website www.srfti.ac.in