RGIPT PhD Program Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
RGIPT PhD Admission 2019 - Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) Jais offers Ph.D. programmes in a wide range of areas in Engineering, Sciences & Social Sciences and Management. The broad objective of the Ph.D. programmes is to contribute to the development of the respective fields by conducting front-end research and to train students to be lifelong learners.
The Institute invites applications for admission in PhD Program from qualified candidates for the session commencing from July-2019.
- Petroleum Engineering and Geological Science
- Engineering Science
- Basic Sciences and Humanities
- Management Studies
See: PhD Admission 2019
RGIPT PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start date of offline submission of application: 15th April 2019
- Last date of offline submission of application: 10th June 2019
- Declaration of a shortlist candidates: 18th June 2019 (Discipline A, B, C), 12th June (Discipline D).
- Date of written test/ Presentation/ Interview: 08th July 2019 (Discipline A, B, C), 24th June (Discipline D).
- Declaration of Result: 15th July 2019 (Discipline A, B, C), 27th June 2019 (Discipline D)
- Last date of acceptance of admission & online fee submission: 25th July 2019 (Discipline A, B, C), 01st July 2019 (Discipline D)
- Date of registration: 28th July 2019 (Discipline A, B, C), 02nd July 2019 (Discipline D)
- Classes Commence: 29th July 2019 (Discipline A, B, C), 02nd July 2019 (Discipline D)
Eligibility Criteria for RGIPT PhD Admission 2019
For Petroleum Engineering and Geological Science: Petroleum Engineering*, Geology, and Geophysics:
- Master’s Degree (M.Tech.) in Petroleum Engg., Chemical Engg. and Petrochemical Engg. Or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
- Master’s Degree (M.Sc. /M.Tech.) in Geology and Geophysics or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
For Engineering Science: Chemical Engineering, Material Science*, Electrical Engineering, and Geoinformatics
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in relevant discipline or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M. Tech.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in Chemical Engineering, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Master’s degree in relevant disciplines, i.e. Physics, Physical Chemistry, Materials Science, Nanoscience, Materials and Metallurgical Engg. or equivalent and qualified score of GATE exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
- Masters in Geoinformatics, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics Engineering, Computer Application, Mechanical, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after master degree.
Management Studies: Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Organization Behavior & Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Oil & Gas, Public Policy, Energy Management and Economics. Eligibility Criteria (One out of the following in appropriate subject areas):
- A Master’s degree or its equivalent in the relevant discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PH) or CPI/CGPA OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PH) or CPI/CGPA OR
- Any professional qualifications such as CA, ICWA & CS with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/PH) and minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the preceding degree.
- Reservation policy as per the GOI directives will be applicable. The certificate for SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/ PwD must be submitted in the specified format.
- Shortlisted candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be called at RGIPT, Jais Campus, Amethi for a written test, presentation and/or interview. All selected GEN/OBC candidates called for the written test, presentation and/or interview will be reimbursed To & Fro of sleeper class by shortest route after joining their respective programme. However, all SC/ST/PwD candidates called for written test, presentation and/or interview will be reimbursed To & Fro of sleeper class by shortest route through A/c. Payee cheque which will be sent to their given address on TE Claim Form. Candidate has to produce Railway/Bus ticket in support of their claim. The selected candidate will be registered for PhD as per institute rules.
Category of students:
- Regular category: Full time Teaching Assistantship (TA), Students under this category are entitled for Institute Teaching Assistantship as per institute norms. Students joining under TA category will have to assist in teaching or research, as assigned by the Institute, to the extent of 6 to 8 hours of work per day. The continuation of the assistantship (TA) will be subject to satisfactory performance of the duties assigned by the Department / Institute as well as satisfactory academic performance.
- Sponsored Category: These candidates are sponsored by recognized corporations or R&D organizations for doing research work in the Institute on a full time/part time* basis. An undertaking from the employer stating the same should be furnished along with the application form. Candidates are expected to be released for full time research work at the Institute with full pay for a minimum period of three years (full time). They will not receive any financial support from the Institute. A candidate working in an R&D establishment and desiring to do research at his/her parent institution must also provide detailed information about the research facilities present at his/her organization and a certificate that these would be available to him/her for carrying out research. The candidate will be required to furnish his/her employer’s consent at the time of interview. The candidate under sponsorship category is exempted from GATE/CAT/GRE/GMAT/NET (UGC/CSIR). *As per institute norms.
- Part-Time Category: Candidates serving in recognized academic institutions, public sector undertaking (PSU’s), government departments, reputed private organizations, reputed NGOs & R&D organizations are considered for this category.
- Applicants under this category should meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the degree as already mentioned above. The applicants should have at least two years full time work experience in executive or supervisor capacity and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought. Employee seeking admission to the PhD programme of RGIPT with minimum of two years full time service shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the employer to the effect that the duties allotted by the employer will allow the required time. Further, candidates selected under this category will be required to stay on campus till completion of course work and comprehensive examination.
- Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full-time candidates but they are exempt from GATE/CAT/GRE/GMAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) or equivalent.
- Part time PhD candidates will not receive any financial support from the institute.
- Those students having M.Phil/M.Sc./M.A or equivalent and who have either a qualified GATE score or National Level Test–UGC-NET/CSIR/NBHM/DBT/DST Inspire Award or any similar fellowship will be considered for assistantship of Rs. 31,000/- P.M. for first two years and Rs. 35,000/-P.M. for remaining two years. The scholarship can be available for a maximum period of four years.
RGIPT PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- For admission to PhD programmes candidates need to fill the application form and should be submitted offline only.
- Application form can be download from the website: http://www.rgipt.ac.in/PhD.html
- The print out of the application form duly filled and signed along with detailed curriculum vitae (CV), areas of research interest and necessary enclosures and send it to below mentioned address. Please mark the envelope “Application for PhD Admission in the discipline ................”.
For more details please visit the official website www.rgipt.ac.in
RGIPT Amethi (Uttar Pradesh)
RGIPT, Mubarakpur, Mukhtia, Bahadurpur Post: Harabanshganj, Jais, Amethi-229304 (Uttar Pradesh), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: 8004933842, website www.rgipt.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India