Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology PhD Admission 2018
RGCB PhD Admissions - September 2018 Session
RGCB PhD Admission 2018 - Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) Thiruvananthapuram invites applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the session September 2018 in various research domains of Disease Biology.
Also See : Admissions Notification 2018
Details of Admission are as follows
- PhD Research Domains - Chronic Disease Biology, Tropical Disease Biology, Disease Biology and Laboratory Medicine & Molecular Diagnostics, Chemical Biology, Plant Biotechnology and Computational Biology
Also See : Phd Admissions 2019
- Last date for receipt of applications at RGCB: 01st September 2018 [Saturday]
- Written examination at RGCB: 16th September 2018 [Sunday]
- Exam results will be announced by 2.30 pm and the names of candidates shortlisted for selection interview posted on notice boards and website: 16th September 2018 [Sunday]
- Selection interviews: 16th September 2018 [Sunday]
- Selection Interviews: 17th September 2018 [Monday]
- Announcement of the final list of candidates selected as RGCB PhD trainees: 19th September 2018 [Wednesday]
- Selected PhD Trainees Report to Office of Academic Affairs, RGCB: 03rd October 2018 [Wednesday]
- Mandatory Course Work Begins: 03rd October 2018 [Wednesday]
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/Chemical/Agricultural/Environmental/ Veterinary/Pharmaceutical/Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degrees are eligible to apply.
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants with UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/KSCSTE fellowships must have a first class in their qualifying examination. These fellowships must be valid till June 2019
- Applicants, who do not have any fellowship, should have a minimum of 70% mark (CGPA - 7.0) for the qualifying degree.
- SC/ST candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks (CGPA-6.0) for their qualifying degree.
- A limited number of institute stipends will be available for those selected candidates without a research fellowship. This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial period of two-years during which they will be strongly encouraged to seek their own fellowships from external agencies so that the PhD program continues uninterrupted.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 01st September 2018. Age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST/Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
- All selected trainees will undergo the mandatory three-month course work from October 2018 to February 2019.
- All eligible candidates, irrespective of their fellowship status, will have to appear for a qualifying entrance test which will be conducted at RGCB for short listing candidates for the selection interview.
- Results of the qualifying test will be announced within one hour and selection interview for shortlisted candidates will begin on the same day.
- The selection committee makes an evaluation of the candidates appearing for the interview based on the following criteria. The distribution of maximum marks for each criterion is given in brackets.
- Knowledge in subjects of specialization (40)
- General knowledge & awareness, analytical skill, logical & creative thinking (30)
- Research Methodology and Instrumentation (20)
- Presentation and Communication skills (10)
- DST-INSPIRE fellowship awardees must have a valid certificate to be shortlisted. Having a rank certificate and presuming to be eligible for the DST-INSPIRE fellowship is not acceptable
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal University, Mahatma Gandhi University and Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) for the award of PhD degrees
- Application form and other details can be downloaded from www.rgcb.res.in
- Applications along with prescribed fees (as a demand draft of Rs.1000/-) must be submitted to "The Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram 695014", Kerala State, India
- SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees. Last date for receiving completed applications is 01st September 2018
- Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected. Applications (scanned copies/pdf along with a photocopy of the processing fee DD) can also be submitted through Email: email@example.com
- All applicants must bring relevant original certificates, mark sheets and the demand draft (if not already submitted)
RGCB Thiruvananthapuram (An Autonomous National Institute under Govt. of India, Ministry of Science & Technology, Dept of Biotechnology), Thycaud PO, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram-695014, Tel.: 04729400, Website www.rgcb.res.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India