RGCB Trivandrum PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020, Dates, Application
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology announces Admission to PhD Program for January 2020 session
RGCB Trivandrum PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020 - Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram invites Applications for Admission to PhD. Program for the session January 2020.
PhD Course Work Details
- The course work will be a combination of didactic lectures, assignments, seminars, Interactive sessions, quiz, and examinations.
- The minimum course requirements are 16 credits including both Research Methodology (10 credits) and Applied Biology (6 credits) offered by RGCB.
- Research Methodology – RM 01 to RM 06 (10 Credits)
- Name of Paper: Research Methodology, Ethics in Scientific Research, Quantitative Methods including Bio-Statistics, Hands on training in Computational Biology &
- Bioinformatics, Biochemical and Biophysical techniques, Radiation Safety Certification (to be taken if needed after joining allotted laboratory), Animal Handling Certification (to be taken if needed after joining allotted laboratory)
- Applied Biology- AB 01 and AB 02 (6 Credits) (Compulsory for all students)
- Name of Paper: Current Advances in Genomics, Pathophysiology and Disease Biology
- Lectures, RGCB Journal Club, Student seminars – Compulsory
Also See : Admissions Notification
RGCB Trivandrum PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of online application: 20th December 2019
- Date to download Admit Card: 25th December 2019
- Date of selection test: 19th January 2020 [Sunday]
- Announcement of results of selection test qualified for interview: 19th January 2020 [Sunday]
- Selection interviews: 19th January 2020 (Afternoon) [Sunday]
- Selection interviews: 20th January 2020 (Whole day)
- Announcement of the final list of candidates selected as RGCB PhD trainees: 22nd January 2020
- Selected PhD trainees report to the Office of Academic Affairs, RGCB: 10th February 2020
- Mandatory Course Work Begins: 12th February 2020
Eligibility Criteria for RGCB Trivandrum PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020
- Candidates with a Postgraduate degree in Life/ Chemical/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degree are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with terminal degrees in medicine, dentistry, veterinary sciences and pharmaceutical sciences can also apply
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants with UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/KSCSTE/other fellowships must have a first class in their qualifying examination.
- Applicants, who do not have any fellowship, should have a minimum of 70% mark (CGPA - 7.0) for the qualifying degree.
- SC/ST candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks (CGPA-6.0) for their qualifying degree.
- A limited number of institute stipends will be available for those selected candidates without a research fellowship. This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial period of three years following which they will have to obtain their own fellowships from external agencies to ensure the PhD program continues uninterrupted. The continuance of the PhD program after three years is subject to this condition and there will be no extension of the institutional fellowship.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on January 01, 2020. Age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST/Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
- All eligible candidates, irrespective of their fellowship status, will have to appear for a qualifying entrance test which will be conducted at RGCB for short listing candidates for the selection interview.
- TA/DA or accommodation will not be provided for the PhD admission procedures.
- Results of the qualifying test will be announced within one hour and selection interview for shortlisted candidates will begin on the same day.
- The selection committee makes an evaluation of the candidates appearing for the interview based on the following criteria. The distribution of maximum marks for each criterion is given in brackets.
- Knowledge in subjects of specialization (40)
- General knowledge & awareness, analytical skills, logical & creative thinking (30)
- Research Methodology and Instrumentation (20)
- Presentation and Communication skills (10)
- The minimum cut off mark is to be shortlisted is 70% marks in the selection interview.
- All selected trainees must undergo the mandatory three to four month course work from. At the end of course work each topic will be evaluated either by multiple choice online examination or oral examination. A maximum of two attempts only is permitted to pass the course work evaluation.
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal University, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala University for Health and Allied Sciences (KUHAS) for the award of PhD degrees.
RGCB Trivandrum PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020 Application Process
- Applications are to be submitted online for RGCB Website: www.rgcb.res.in
- Application Fee (Rs.1000/-) must be paid online using 'SB Collect' of State Bank of India through the URL given in the Payment Stage. SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is December 20, 2019.
- Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected.
- All applicants must bring relevant original certificates, mark sheets on the day of the written test.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)
Office of the Academic Affairs, Masters Program Division, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thycaud PO, Thiruvananthapuram-695014, Kerala, India, Phone: +91 471 2529653, +91 471 2529655, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.rgcb.res.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India