Panjab University Chandigarh M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019
Panjab University Chandigarh announces Entrance Test 2019 for Admission to M.Phil and PhD Program
Panjab University MPhil and PhD Admission 2019 - Panjab University, Chandigarh invites application for M.Phil. and Ph.D Entrance Test and Admission to University School of Open Learning (USOL) for the Session 2019-2020.
Details of M.Phil. and Ph.D Program
- The Panjab University, Chandigarh will hold an Entrance Test for enrolment to M.Phil. & Ph.D. in the Faculties of Arts, Business Management & Commerce, Design & Fine Arts, Education, Engineering, Languages, Law and Science.
See: PhD Admissions
Important Dates for Panjab University MPhil and PhD Admission 2019
- Date of Available Prospectus and Online Entrance Test: 20th May 2019
- Last date for submission of information: 21th June 2019
- Last date for deposit of fee: 24th June 2019
- There will be no physical communication for this purpose: 01st July 2019
- Date of Holding Entrance Test: 06th July 2019
- Uploading of Answer Key and inviting Objections: 23th July 2019
- Last day of submission of objections to the Answer Key: 25th July 2019
- Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Cross-objections: 29th July 2019
- Last day of submission of Cross-objections to the Answer key: 31st July 2019
- Date of declaration of result: 12th to 14th August 2019
- Center for Entrance test only Chandigarh
See: M.Phil Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for Panjab University MPhil and PhD Admission 2019
M. Phil. Programme
- Candidates for admission to the M.Phil. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade „B’ in the UGC-7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/BC (non-creamy layer)/ PwD and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991.
For Test in Faculty of Arts, Education, Languages, Science, Design and Fine Arts, Law, and Engineering
- Any candidate who has passed the Master’s examination in the concerned subject with a score of not less than 55% (50% for SC/ST/BC/PwD Category) marks in aggregate, or have appeared in the final year examination of Master’s degree in the subject concerned from Panjab University, Chandigarh or from any other University (approved by the appropriate Academic Bodies of P.U.), shall also be eligible to appear for the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Entrance Test.
For Gandhian Studies (M.Phil. & Ph.D.)
- The students possessing degree of M.A. in Gandhian and Peace Studies be considered for enrolment for Ph.D. degree in the other subjects of Arts and Social Sciences provided they clear the Entrance Test in the subject in which the enrolment is sought.
For Public Administration (M.Phil. & Ph.D.)
- A candidate should have obtained Masters Degree in Public Administration or Political Science or Economics or Sociology or Psychology with at least 55% (50% for SC/ST/BC/PwD Category) marks in aggregate for M.Phil. & Ph.D. in Public Administration.
For Defence Studies (M.Phil. & Ph.D.)
- The candidate should have obtained Master’s degree with 55% (50% for SC/ST/BC/PwD Category) marks.
- For M.Phil. in Defence & Strategic Studies, the candidate should have obtained Master’s degree with 55% (50% for SC/ST/BC/PwD Category) marks in aggregate. However, the Defence Personnel i.e. the officers volunteering for the course having the rank of Lt. Colonel & above are exempted from appearing in entrance test. They should have PG degree with minimum marks of 50% of PG level & should carry research related activities and involved in imparting instructions in military related subjects; they should be conversant with formalizing concepts and doctrines.
For Women Studies for Ph.D.
- A candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Women Studies should have obtained from the University the Master’s degree with minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/BC/PwD Category) marks in any Faculty.
Scheme of Test
- The medium of examination shall be English only, except in the test for language other than English, Music and Indian Theatre. Test for Public Administration, Sociology, Social Work and Police Administration will be conducted in the medium of English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- The Test shall consist of 2 papers in each subject as detailed below: -
Paper-I (Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions)
- Duration: One Hour Maximum Marks: 50
- Number of questions: 50 Questions to be attempted: 50
- Each question will carry one mark. There will be no negative marking.
Paper-II (Subjective / Descriptive Type)
- Duration: Two Hours Maximum Marks: 50
- Number of questions: 10 Questions to be attempted: 05
- Each question will carry ten marks.
Syllabus for Ph.D. Course (Annexure-I)
For Faculty of Engineering
- Paper-I (Objective type) will include MCQs on subject concerned.
- Paper II (Subjective type) will be based on subject concerned.
For Faculty of Laws
- Paper-I (Objective type) will be based upon Research Methodology, Current Legal Affairs and Identified Core Subjects as per the scheme given below
- Research Methodology 10 Questions, Current Legal Awareness 10 Questions, Identified Core Subjects 30 Questions
- Paper-II (Subjective Type) will consist of 10 questions on Identified Core Subjects. It shall be divided into 5 units and the candidate shall be required to attempt atleast one question from each unit.
- The Fee for M.Phil. & Ph.D. Entrance Test is Rs. 2100/- (Rs. 1050/- for SC/ST/PwD).
- The result will be posted on the P.U. website results.puchd.ac.in and the same could be downloaded. No separate result cards will be issued to the candidates by the office.
Panjab University MPhil and PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Availability of M.Phil. & Ph.D. Prospectus and Online Entrance Test Form on the website of Panjab University phdadmission.puchd.ac.in
- The candidate who qualify in the test shall have to directly, and independently approach the respective department in which they want to pursue research within test period of two years from the date of declaration of result; they should submit the Registration form through in the concerned department by the due date
Panjab University, Chandigarh
PhD Admission, Assistant Registrar, CET Cell, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh - 160014, Email email@example.com, website phdadmission.puchd.ac.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!