NISER Bhubaneswar PhD Program Admission 2022 – Dates, Eligibility, Application Procedure
NISER Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar invites application for admission to PhD Program in Schools of NISER for the academic year 2022-23 (Summer Session)
Interested candidates can check details like eligibility criteria, application process, selection and more for NISER Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2022 from the post below.
NISER PhD Program Admission 2022
PhD Program are offered in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
- School of Earth & Planetary Sciences (SEPS)
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
- School of Mathematical Sciences (SMS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
NISER PhD Admission 2022 Dates
- Online application portal will be activated on : 1st April 2022
- Last date for filling up online application : 30th April 2022
- Short-listed candidates list will be uploaded on NISER website: 10th-16th May 2022
Tentative dates for test/interview will be as follows:
- School of Biological Sciences: 1st – 4th June, 2022
- School of Chemical Sciences: 27th – 29th June, 2022
- School of Computer Sciences: 6th June, 2022
- School of Earth & Planetary Sciences: 27th June – 1st July, 2022
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences: 1st-2nd June, 2022
- School of Mathematical Sciences : 15th-17th June, 2022
- School of Physical Sciences: 30th May – 1st June, 2022
NISER PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Biological Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M. Tech or M. Pharm in any branches of Agricultural Sciences, Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmacy (any specialization), Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology. Students with Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics having interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply.
- Chemical Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied Chemistry fields. Student with Master’s degree in any branches of Basic Sciences with undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in applied Chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply.
- Computer Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Computer Science/Mathematics/Electronics /Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Earth & Planetary Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M.Tech or M.E in Physics/Astronomy and Astrophysics /Geology/ Geophysics/ Earth Science / Chemistry /Space / Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences / Engineering Physics/ Mechanical engineering / Civil engineering / Computer engineering. In addition to the above criteria, candidates with M.Sc. degrees should possess a mathematical, physical or Chemical science based Bachelor’s degree.
- Humanities and Social Sciences : 55% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Social Sciences or in allied disciplines.
- Mathematical Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Master’s degree examination.
- Physical Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Physics or M.E/M.Tech in Applied Physics.
NISER PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process.
- At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload a soft copy of the supporting documents as per the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up separate online application forms for each school with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with signature of the referee on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview.
- The copy of the reference letter is available online.
- NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.D programs.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
- Students with institute fellowship from NISER will be eligible to draw Rs. 31,000/- for first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs. 35,000/- for remaining three years, subject to the condition that he/she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
- Students with external fellowship from agencies viz. CSIR, UGC etc will be eligible to draw fellowship as per the extant rules of the respective funding agencies.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website