National Institute of Immunology New Delhi announces Admission to PhD Program 2022-23, Apply now
National Institute of Immunology PhD Admission – National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi invites applications from eligible candidates for Admission to its PhD Programs for the academic year 2022-23
Read further for more details on National Institute of Immunology PhD Admission 2022.
PhD Programs Offered
- Cutting-edge research at NII encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas of –
- Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Chemical Biology
- Structural Biology
- Computational Biology
National Institute of Immunology PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Online Application begins : 24th December 2021
- Online Application closing : 18th January 2022
- Admit card available for download: 07th February 2022 onwards
- NII-2022 Entrance Examination : 20th February 2022
National Institute of Immunology PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- M.Sc. in any branch of science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics), M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., Integrated M.Sc., or equivalent qualification as per the norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor’s degree and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree are essential for the general category. Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees will be applicable for candidates from the reserved categories [(OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD]. Rounding off the percentage score to the next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current academic year are eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the eligibility requirements at the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC (NCL) and 3% for persons with disability (PwD) as per statutory norms.
National Institute of Immunology PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Candidates should submit their applications through NII online application portal only.
- The details of the application process are available at http://www.nii.res.in. Candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2022 must also submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees.
- Online application facility will be available at the NII website from 24th December, 2021 to 18th January, 2022
- For General/OBC (NCL) candidates: Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST/PwD candidates: Rs.500/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- NII will select candidates for the Ph.D. programme through the following two Channels:
- Channel 1: Computer-based Entrance Examination, NII-2022 to be conducted by NII at multiple centres across India on 20th February 2022 (Sunday).
- Channel 2: Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS-2022).
- Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above.
- Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in either NII-2022 or JGEEBILS-2022.
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before 10th March, 2022.
- Interviews will be held online during 7th June , 2022- 14th June, 2022. The final list of selected candidates will be displayed on the NII website and notice board of the institute within a week of the final interview.
- NII currently provides Junior Research Fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month to the selected candidates. Awardees of fellowships from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT or and DST may avail them as per rules of the respective funding agency.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website