NIPER JEE 2019 PhD Joint Admission Test
NIPER announces Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2019 for PhD Admission
NIPER JEE 2019 PhD Joint Admission Test - NIPER Institute is conducted Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) for admission to PhD Course in various disciplines for all seven (7) NIPER's for academic year 2019.
Interested candidates can check all the details of Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) PhD Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from this page give below.
- The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) at S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali) was created as a centre of excellence in imparting higher education, research and development in pharmaceutical sciences and is the first Institute of its kind in the country.
Presently there are following NIPERs functioning at different parts of the country:
- NIPER, Ahmedabad
- NIPER, Guwahati
- NIPER, Hajipur
- NIPER, Hyderabad
- NIPER, Kolkata
- NIPER, Raebareli
- NIPER S.A.S Nagar (Mohali)
- Institute is awarding degrees like PhD.; MPharm.; MTech. (Pharm.); M.S.(Pharm.) and M.B.A. (Pharm.) as mandated to it by Section 7 (ii), (iii) and Section 32 of the NIPER Act 1998.
NIPER Courses Offered
The Institute is offering the following courses for the academic year 2019-20
- PhD/Masters in - Biotechnology 10 Seats, Medicinal Chemistry 16 Seats, Medical Device 10 Seats, Natural Products 10 Seats, Pharmaceutical Analysis 20 Seats, Pharmacology & Toxicology 16 Seats, Pharmaceutics 20 Seats
NIPER JEE 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Commencement of Online Registration: 01st April 2019
- Last Date for Online Registration: 15th May 2019
- Last Date for receipt of filled in registration forms in NIPER, Ahmedabad along with required documents: To be announced
- Online Delivery of Admit Card to respective Emails /Downloads: 31st May 2019
- Online NIPER Joint Entrance Exam (Computer Based Test): 09th June 2019
- Declaration of result (Website‐www.niperahm.ac.in): 17th June 2019
- Interview for PhD at NIPER Ahmedabad: 13th - 14th July 2019
- Declaration of result at NIPER Ahmedabad website for PhD: 15th July 2019 (10.00 am)
- PhD joint counselling (02.00 pm onwards): 15th July 2019 (02.00 pm)
- Orientation and commencement of classes 29th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NIPER PhD Admission 2019
- The Doctoral Research Program of the institute is classified into the following three disciplines:
- Chemical Sciences: Includes departments of i) Medicinal Chemistry ii) Natural Products iii) Pharma coinformatic iv) Pharmaceutical Technology (Process Chemistry)
- Biological Sciences: Includes departments of i) Pharmacology and Toxicology ii) Biotechnology iii) Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical Science: Includes departments of i) Pharmaceutical Analysis ii) Pharmaceutics iii) Medical Devices
Availability of Disciplines
Discipline of Chemical Sciences
- Medicinal Chemistry (Offering NIPERs - Hyderabad; S.A.S. Nagar)
- Natural Products (Offering NIPERs - S.A.S. Nagar Ahmedabad) - M.S. (Pharm) (Natural Products/Medicinal Chemistry/Traditional Medicines); M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmacognosy); M.Tech (Pharm) (Bulk Drugs); M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)
- M.S. (Pharm) (Medicinal Chemistry/Natural Products); M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Chemistry); M.Tech (Pharm) (Bulk Drugs); M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)
- Pharmacoinformatics (Offering NIPERs - Hajipur; S.A.S. Nagar) - M.S (Pharm) (Pharmacoinformatics /Medicinal Chemistry/Natural Products); M.Tech (Pharm) (Bulk Drugs); M.Sc./ M.Tech (Bioinformatics); M.Sc. (Organic/Physical/Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Biochemistry/Biophysics/Biotechnology/ Microbiology)
- Pharmaceutical Technology (Process Chemistry) (Offering NIPERs - S.A.S. Nagar) - MS (Pharm); M.Tech (Pharm); M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)
- Discipline of Biological Sciences
- Pharmacology & Toxicology (Offering NIPERs - Guwahati; Hyderabad; S.A.S. Nagar)
- M.S (Pharm) (Pharmacology & Toxicology/Biotechnology/Regulatory Toxicology); M.Pharm (Pharmacology); M.Sc. (Pharmacology/Toxicology/Zoology/Biochemistry/Medical Biotechnology/ Microbiology); M.D (Pharmacology); M.V.Sc (Pharmacology/Pathology/Biotechnology)
- Biotechnology (Offering NIPERs - Guwahati; Hajipur; S.A.S. Nagar)
- M.S. (Pharm) or M.Pharm or M.Tech (Pharm) in (Medicinal Chemistry/ Natural Products/Pharmacology & Toxicology/Formulation/Biotechnology/Pharmaceutics/Pharmacoinformatics); M.E or M.Tech (Biotechnology/Life Sciences/Computational Sciences); M.Sc. in Biological Sciences (Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Botany/Zoology/Physiology/Life Sciences); M.Sc. in Chemistry (Organic)/ Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Computational Sciences; M.V.Sc; MCA
Pharmacy Practice (Offering - Hajipur)
- M.Pharm. (Pharmacy Practice/Community Pharmacy/Hospital Pharmacy/Clinical Pharmacy)
Discipline of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Pharmaceutical Analysis (Offering NIPERs - Hyderabad)
- M.S. (Pharm) Pharmaceutical Analysis; M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Analysis); M.Sc. (Organic/Analytical Chemistry)
Pharmaceutics (Offering NIPERs - Hyderabad; S.A.S. Nagar)
- M.S. (Pharm) (Pharmaceutics/Biotechnology/Pharmacology); M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics/Formulations); M.Tech (Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology/Chemical Engineering)
- Candidates should have a minimum CGPA of 6.75 (or 60% marks) for General, 6.25 (or 55% marks) for SC/ST, 5.75 (or 50% marks) for physically handicapped (PH) candidates on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination and should also have qualified GPAT/GATE/NET
- Percentage of marks or CGPA will be based on the norms of the concerned university / Institution or aggregate marks or CGPA scored by the candidate for all years of the qualifying degree, in case University / Institution has not prescribed any norm for calculating such percentage or CGPA
- Passing GPAT/GATE/NET is an essential qualification for all disciplines except for the following category of candidates:
- Candidates holding MD / M.V.Sc
- Foreign nationals under various scholarship schemes of the MHRD/Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India may be considered for admission on the recommendation/ sponsorship of the respective Ministry subject to eligibility criteria
- Applications from self financing foreign candidates may be entertained directly by the Institute provided the requirements for eligibility under the respective program are fulfilled and their applications are cleared by Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India
- The brochure can be downloaded from the Institutional website www.niper.gov.in and filled application form can be sent to the institute with payment of US$ 100
- Such candidates have to arrange for the clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India before they can be admitted, if selected
- The seats available in various NIPERs/departments/disciplines include Institute funded and Government project funded fellowships. Details of seats will be displayed on website www.niperahm.ac.in separately.
NIPER PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants shall register online on www.niperahm.ac.in as per instructions given on the website. The process of online registration shall commence on 01st April 2019 onwards and will continue till 15th May 2019, 05.00 PM.
- Instruction for Registration is available on www.niperahm.ac.in website. Instruction for Registration is available on the website. Open the link of Registration/Login for NIPER Joint Entrance Examination 2019.
- Fill the online application form available on the website very carefully
- Upload the scanned copy of recent photograph and signature
- Pay the registration fees through net-banking / e-Challan / Credit Card / Debit Card along with extra Bank Charges as per rule of Bank
- Candidate can download the registration Form after the successful submission of fee
- Take Printout of the Registration form , put signatures at the bottom of the registration form and attach the following (i) copy of award letter if any pertaining to NET‐JRF of CSIR/DBT/UGC/ICMR, DST Inspire etc. (ii) Sponsorship certificate from Industry / Govt. sponsored candidates (as per format given at Annexure‐2 ) should be sent to Chairman, NIPER Joint Entrance Exam PhD, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, (NIPER), Sector 67, S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali), Punjab-160062, (through speed post/registered post/in person) so as to reach before the schedule date.
- The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay
- For General/OBC/KM/PH category: Rs.3000/-
- For Candidates belonging to SC/ST category: Rs.1500/-
NIPER JEE 2019 Selection Process
- Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the NIPER Joint Entrance Exam 2019 (NIPER JEE) organized by the Institute.
NIPER JEE 2019 Exam Pattern
- The duration of the entrance test will be of 2 hours.
- The question paper will be of the level of M.S. (Pharm.); M.Pharm.; M.Tech. (Pharm.); M.V.Sc.; M.D. and M.Sc. (in relevant discipline) level.
- Each discipline will also have questions from general Pharmaceutical Sciences and general aptitude
- There will be negative marking in the entrance exam. 25% marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
- The qualified candidates in each discipline shall have to appear for interview which will carry 15 marks
NIPER JEE 2019 Test Centres
- Online test will be held on Sunday, the 09th June 2019 at Ahmedabad, Surat, Rajkot, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Thiruvananthapuram, Pune, Agra, Vijayawada, Coimbatore, Patna, Ranchi, Raipur and Bhubaneshwar.
- Based on the performance in the online test, list of candidates to be called for interview will be displayed on the website www.niperahm.ac.in
- Interview will be held on 13 & 14th July at NIPER- Ahmedabad
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India