MNNIT Allahabad PhD Program Admission 2019 , Dates, Eligibility, Application
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT) announces Admission to PhD Program 2019-20 (Winter Semester)
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2019 - Applications are invited by Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Engineering, Management, Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) for, Session 2019–2020 (Winter Semester).
- Ph.D. in Engineering
- Ph.D. in Management
- Ph.D. in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
- Ph.D. in Geographic Information System (GIS) Cell
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Advertisement for admission 23rd October 2019
- Start of online application process 23th October2019
- Closing date for online application process 15th November 2019
- Declaration of List: 18th November 2019
- Ph.D. Written Exam Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Biotechnology: 25th November 2019
- PhD Written Exam in the department of Applied Mechanics, Mathematics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Chemistry, School of Management Studies, GIS Cell and Chemical Engineering: 25th November 2019
- Interview in all departments 26th November 2019
- Declaration of Result (First round): 05th December 2019
- Last Date for seat acceptance & Submission of Institute fee by the selected candidates: 13 December2019
- Declaration of allotment results of waitlisted candidates: 16th December 2019
- Last date for seat acceptance and Submission of Institute Fee: 02nd January 2020
- Physical Registration: 02nd January 2020
Categories of Ph.D. Research Scholars
- All the departments of the Institute offer Doctoral programmes under following categories:
I. Institute Stipendiary Full Time Research Scholars (Course Category -11):
- These scholars shall be eligible for financial assistance in the form of fellowship at the approved rates and guidelines as notified by MHRD from time to time. The fellowship shall be awarded to the students of this category on a Semester–to-Semester basis depending on the satisfactory academic performance of the scholar.
II. Self-financed Full Time Research Scholar (Course Category -12):
- Self-financed full-time research scholars are those who support themselves or receive fellowship from other agencies such as UGC, CSIR, DST, etc. They shall not receive any financial support from the Institute in any form.
III. Sponsored Full-Time Research Scholars (Course Category -13):
- Sponsored Full-Time Research Scholars are those who receive financial support from AICTE under QIP scheme OR from Government/Semi-Government Institutions/Government/SemiGovernment Organizations under study leave. Such a candidate must be sponsored by his/her employer and must have been in employment with the sponsoring organization for at least two years at the time of admission. Candidates in service are to be released on study leave or extraordinary leave from the organization for full-time research work at the Institute and must furnish a sponsorship along with No-objection certificate from the employer.
- Foreign students shall be sponsored by their Government or awarded scholarship by Govt. of India, Indian Council for Culture Relations (ICCR) or other such agencies/organizations.
IV. Faculty/Staff/Sponsored Project Fellow of MNNIT Allahabad Part Time Research Scholars (Course Category - 14):
- Faculty/Staff of the MNNIT Allahabad/Project Fellow working in the various sponsored research projects undertaken by the Institute. Project Fellow, if admitted, shall be required to pursue his/her Ph. D. research work in the area of research project and with PI and/or Co-PI only.
Eligibility Criteria for MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2019
- The eligibility conditions given below shall be considered to be the absolute minimum. Department may prescribe any requirements over and above these.
- Candidates must have minimum marks of 60% aggregate or 6.5 C.P.I. (Cumulative Performance Index in ten point scale) in qualifying examination. For SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks will be 55% aggregate or 6.0 CPI.
- Master degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with marks not below 60% or CPI 6.5 OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree in Science/Applied biological sciences/Computer Application or any appropriate discipline with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
- Master’s Degree in Management/Technology/ Engineering/ Economics/ Commerce / Science / Computer Applications/Social Science with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5.OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0, OR Qualified Chartered Accountant having a minimum of three years of professional experience as a practicing Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 60% marks at graduation level as well as CA examination
Ph.D. in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject with a minimum of 60% Marks or CPI 6.5 OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy with marks not below 75% or CPI 8.0
Ph.D. in Geographic Information System (GIS) Cell
- M.Tech. or equivalent in GIS & Remote Sensing/Civil Engineering/Computer Science and Engineering/Electronics/Information Technology/Agriculture Engineering/Mining Engineering with a minimum marks 60% or CPI 6.5.OR M.Sc. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/Applied Geology/ geophysics/Geography/Environmental Science/Computer Science or degree in Master of Computer Application with a minimum marks 75% or CPI 8.0. OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum 75% marks or CPI 8.0
Department of Research
- Applied Mechanics, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Chemistry, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, IS Cell, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, School of Management Studies
- Admission to the Ph.D. Programme of eligible candidates shall be based on written examination and/or interviews except course category 14 (The candidates of category 14 shall be admitted after checking their eligibility criteria by selection committee and shall be exempted from any Test/Interview).
- The list of candidates called for written test (those who have successfully applied online after paying the required fee) will be displayed on the portal as per specified schedule. The applicants will report for the written exam with the condition that they have ascertained their eligibility as per the Information Brochure. Institute will verify the eligibility only at the time of interview or date of document verification.
- Shortlisted candidates after the written examination will be allowed for interview only after verification of the documents in the original.
- Candidates applying for admission under course category 11 (Full Time Institute stipendiary) must have valid GATE score/NET in relevant branch/subject. Please refer eligibility criteria given in section 2 and Note under Eligibility Criteria (Page 4) for more details.
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants are required to submit their application on-line using the portal https://academics.mnnit.ac.in only. “No other means of application shall be acceptable”.
- There are two steps in online application procedure
- Register by filling your personal details and pay fee by using payment link
- An application ID will be provided in this step, which will be required in step 2. Application fee is Rs. 1200/- for OPEN/EWS/OBC candidates for each programme. For SC/ST category admission fee is Rs.600.00 for each programme.
- Fee payment is to be made online
- After successful payment in online payment mode, an e-receipt will be generated at admission portal. Please bring this e-receipt along with the application form and other required documents at the time of written examination/interview
- Online filling of application form: Log-in with application ID provided in step 1.
- Before starting the online filling of application form, please make sure that you have soft copy of your passport size photograph in JPEG (up to 30 kb) format. After login, follow the instructions for filling of application form.
- Take print out of the form. Please bring the printout of form along with a photocopy of all documents [refer section 8] at the time of written examination/interview.
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India