Mahatma Gandhi University announces Common Admission Test (MGU CAT) 2022 for Admission to Postgraduate Courses, Apply now
MGU CAT 2022 – Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) announces Common Admission Test (MGU CAT) 2022 for admission to the Post Graduate Programs offered by the University Departments / Centres for the academic year 2022-23
Read on for more details on MGU CAT 2022 from the page below.
MGU CAT Dates 2022
- Online candidate registration: 07 Mar 2022 onwards
- Last date for online submission of the application: 07 Apr 2022
- Final confirmation of Application: 08 Apr 2022
- Downloading of Hall Tickets: 17 May 2022
- Entrance Examination: 28 and 29 May 2022
- Publication of Entrance Examination Result: 21 Jun 2022
- Interview/G.D/Written Test: to be announced
- Rank List and Admission: to be announced
- Commencement of classes: to be announced
- Schedule for Foreign Student Application:
- Last date for submitting online application: 07 Apr 2022
Programs Offered & Eligibility Criteria
- M.Sc in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Microbiology: BSc degree in Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Physics with not less than 50 % marks in part III.
- M.Sc in Chemistry (Inorganic Chemistry), Chemistry (Organic Chemistry), Chemistry (Physical Chemistry), Chemistry (Polymer Chemistry): BSc in Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as Subsidiaries with not less than 50% marks in Part III.
- M.Sc in Computer Science: BSc in Computer Science/ Computer Application/ BCA or any other B Sc Degree with Computer Science as the main subject with not less than 50% marks in part III.
- M.Sc in Psychology: Pass in any graduate programme with not less than 50% marks.
- M.Sc in Physics: BSc in Physics with Mathematics as one of the subsidiaries with not less than 50% marks in Part III.
- M.Sc in Environment Science & Management: BSc degree in any of the following options; Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Geography, Life Science, Environment Science, Environment Management, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Plant or Animal Science, Agriculture, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B Tech in Civil/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Environmental or equivalent thereto with not less than 50% marks in Part III.
- M Sc in Environment Science and Disaster Management: BSc degree in any subject with not less than 50% marks in Part III.
- MA in Politics and International Relations, Politics and Human Rights, Politics ( Public Policy and Governance): BA in Economics/ Politics/ History/ Law with not less than 45% marks for Part III or B A in English/ Sociology/ Anthropology/ Psychology/ Geography/ Philosophy/ Commerce with not less than 50% marks in Part III or B Sc in any branch with not less than 60% marks in Part III.
- M.A. Economics: Bachelor’s degree in Economics Mathematics/Statistics under 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 45% marks in Core and Complementary subjects or equivalent degree from an institution approved by Mahatma Gandhi University.
- M.A in Malayalam: Bachelor’s degree in Malayalam with not less than 45% marks (or CGPA of 1.8) in Part III or degree in Arts/Science with a minimum of 50% marks in Part II Malayalam.
- M.A in English: Bachelor’s degree in English with not less than 45% marks in Part III or degree in Arts/Science with a minimum of 50% marks in Part I English.
- MA Social work in Disability Studies and Action: Pass in any graduate programme
- M.A. in Gandhian Studies & Development Studies: Pass in any graduate programme with not less than 45% marks in Part III.
- MA History & Anthropology: Bachelor’s degree in the faculty of Social Sciences with not less than 45% marks in Part III.
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management: Bachelor’s degree (including professional degrees) with not less than 50% marks in any discipline of this University or any other University recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University.
- M.Ed) Program with Specialization in Language Education (English, Hindi, Malayalam, Sanskrit, Arabic), Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Commerce, IT & Computer Science Education: B.Ed with not less than 55% marks.
- Master of Law (LLM) one year program: Pass in LLB or equivalent examination approved by MG University with 50% marks
- Master of Physical Education and Sports (M.PES): Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education (BPE/BPES/BPEd).
- Master of Business Administration: Graduate in any subject with 50% marks in Part III subjects with valid KMAT/CMAT/CAT score.
MGU CAT Application Process 2022
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website www.mgu.ac.in
- Candidates can register their applications online within the time schedule specified. The Candidate should read carefully the Prospectus and the detailed instructions before submitting the online application.
- The method of submitting the online application is as follows:
- Candidates awaiting results can also apply. They need to furnish the testimonials before the closing date of admission.
- Candidates who seek admission should either visit the official portal of the University www.mgu.ac.in and go to the link CAT-MGU 2022 or go directly to www.cat.mgu.ac.in.
- For admission to MBA please go to the link www.admission.mgu.ac.in
- For General Candidates: Rs.1100/- per each program/cluster of programs listed as a single option. (all programs of a School/Department/Centre for which only one test is required).
- For SC/ST Candidates from Kerala: Rs 550/- per program/cluster of programs listed as a single option After remitting the fee.
Mode of Payment
- Online through Credit/Debit cards and Internet Banking
- Selection will be made on the basis of a Written test followed by an interview & Group Discussion.
- The admissions based on CAT- MGU will be through a Centralized Allotment Process. There will be separate Entrance Tests for the various academic programs offered in the different schools of the University. The candidates need to register only one application(online) for opting a maximum of 4 academic programs/clusters of programs based on their eligibility.
MGU CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Total Question: 80 Questions
- Negative Mark: There will be no negative score for incorrect answers.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website